Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 01:04 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 4/27/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 04-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I stayed up tonight even thought I am dead tired to start today's thread. ONE year ago today I changed my life when I started Ideal Protein and found this site since then I have met online outstanding ladies and gentlemen on this forum that are all going through the same thing that I have gone through. Trust me when I say IT CAN BE DONE! I would like to say thank each and every one of you for letting me become part of your lives. It has helped me more than you will ever know to stay focused while on my journey. All of the support and encouragement that we give each other here is something that some of us don't get at home and it means the world and keeps us on track.

Everyone of you will have struggles but NEVER EVER GIVE UP......stay strong, focused, dedicated and committed to YOURSELVES.......YOU ARE WORTH IT......never let anyone tell you different. Hold your head up high and take pride in what you are doing for yourselves.....

154lbs of Pride is where I stand and I am NOT stopping, I am going to the end....when I am done I will stand proudly and say that I have loss 188lbs and I will NEVER GO BACK TO THAT.....Thank you IP for helping me learn how to live again!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:52 AM   #3  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Happy anniversary Wuv.!!!!!
Thank you for being the caring supportive inspirational person that you are and for sharing your journey with us.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:58 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Everybody

I have been up since 2:00 this morning and cant get back to sleep so I thought I would come here and catch up on yesterdays posts. I am so amazed at all the the posts with all the great WI's and NSV's, positive attitudes and encouragement that is shared among everyone. I have never been a part of something so big and so positive. Thanks to you all.

Ok, so I am extra tired & feeling kinda emotional and mushy. I think I will try to go back and get a couple more hours sleep. Have a great day everybody.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Lisa, thank you for starting the daiky thread. Congrats on the anniversary of the start of a new life! When you talk about it, I realize how much IP has changed me also. I feel so lucky to have found IP as I had almost resigned myself to an unhealthy, unhappy existence!

Carol, Hope you are getting some sleep. I just woke up in the middle of my night too!

I used to wake up and think first of what I would eat. Now, I feel better and the foods and weight that drove that behavior are gone from my life. I wake up thinking about what I am going to "do" and experience during the day now.

I did not realize before how te extra weight and the types of food I took in so drove my eating behavior. Now, there is not the feelings of guilt I used to hold around that. It all makes sense to me after what I have learned over the past several months. What a wonderful gift to be able to break that cycle!!

It is awesome the support that exists here. I honestly believe that we help ourselves so much by helping others. It is a win all around. Community is an important thing in assisting any of us to achieve changes. Thank you everyone for being here!

My son has lost over 30lbs. He has more to go, but my IP journey has opened the doors for learning and change in his life. Hubby weighed for the first time since he began following along in our eating. He does not have much to lose but is 14lbs down. Both of these guys have been great supporters to me. Our entire family has learned so much about carb metabolism and nutition, that we sound like diet evangelists when people ask us questions!

Yesterday at the health fair where ice cream and cookies were being served, we sat and watched as the obese people had these items more than others. It was not long ago that I would have been there also. I don"t have judgement as I know it is not about being weak so much as the extra weight and the carb addiction compell us biologically further down that path when we get caught in it! Thanks to IP, I was fortunate to escape the trap!

Last edited by Samba; 04-27-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Happy Anniversary Wuv! Wow you have accomplished so much in one year. You inspire all of us and yourself. Thank you! Keep up the good work.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #7  
DobieOnTheGo!

S/C/G: 225/220/175

Height: 5'9

Wow, thats amazing! I've still got a ways to go, thanks for the encouragement!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Good morning IP family!

Wuv, I can honestly say that, although I've only been here a short time, you have become an influence on my life. Thank you for being who you are, and congratulations on your anniversary.

Cadu: Sorry you're not sleeping. Hope you get some good rest over the weekend.

Good morning everyone! I'm at school early to schmmoze at the Honor Roll breakfast for our kiddos. Had to leave early, and accidentally forgot my lunch! (OH NO!) But, I've already asked the cafeteria to hold a salad for me (we run out every day) and will make due with Ken's light Italian dressing. I don't think it will mess me up too badly, do you?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 177/147/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning Everyone !!! Happy Anniversary Wuv.!!!!!
your story is amazing.. and so inspiring to all of us !!!
I hit a milestone this week I am less then 20 pd from goal !!! I was very excited.. I love this site and everyone on it for the love and support I get.. Thanks...and Hugs to everyone !!!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:31 AM   #10  
Restarted IP 3/19/12

S/C/G: HW257 230/202.8/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning IP family!
I've already asked the cafeteria to hold a salad for me (we run out every day) and will make due with Ken's light Italian dressing. I don't think it will mess me up too badly, do you?

Have a great day everyone!
Good Morning Dakin I found a web site called American Diabetes Wholesale and they have the best prices on Walden Farms products I have seen anywhere. They sell packets of dressings and other items I order the packets to keep in my purse or pack in my lunch. I can't tell you how many time me and my husband have used my "just in case" dressings. I am bumped out of ketosis so easily for me it was worth the cost (not cheap )

sounds like you are doing great asking them to hold a salad was quick on your feet
Old 04-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #11  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Wuv. You Rock. I look forward to checking in with all of you each day, it is time well spent. The positive vibes are awesome. Today I have a 9:30 fasting lab. I used to dread them but I'm so excited to see my numbers. Then my testosterone shot following my labs. I've needed T since my first round of chemotherapy in 2004 knocked me into hypogonadism.

Last edited by usmcvet; 04-27-2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Android Auto Complete! It turns my bad spelling into a different language!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #12  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Does the cafeteria have oil and vinegar. That's what I used several times on vacation this week.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Good Morning All.
First off I want to say Congrats Wuv! Today Im feeling pretty good. I have been wearing shirts the last 2 days that fit me snug in the past that were in the back of the closet. Im happy to say they now fit a lil loose. Good Luck to all on the IP journey I am finding my way. You guys are the best source of inspiration and motivation.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookiepotpie2 View Post
Good Morning Dakin I found a web site called American Diabetes Wholesale and they have the best prices on Walden Farms products I have seen anywhere. They sell packets of dressings and other items I order the packets to keep in my purse or pack in my lunch. I can't tell you how many time me and my husband have used my "just in case" dressings. I am bumped out of ketosis so easily for me it was worth the cost (not cheap )

sounds like you are doing great asking them to hold a salad was quick on your feet
Good Morning. I also found that website the other day and placed a order for WF products. I got them yesterday. The prices were wayyy cheaper. I cant wait to try the products.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #15  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY WUV!!! Your journey continues to inspire me!

And Cadu...awww, just think of how mushy all that released estrogen is making you...from all that fat burning you've been doing!

WI#8 for me today, I swear I still feel TOM "effects" (bloated, blah) a week later, but remain OP 100% and keep all of the faith in this program!

Stay thirsty my friends...and drink plenty of water!
Closed Thread