Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Will resistance bands be enough?

I have not added lifting into my routine yet because I have tendonitis in both my hands. Worried about aggravating it & setting myself back.
I do have some resistance bands that my DS no longer uses. I am in a wedding the first part of August & my dress is strapless. Would adding a routine with the bands be enough to tone up my shoulders & arms? I don't necessarily want to be ripped, just nicely toned.
I was thinking the bands might be easier to use with my hand braces then free weights.
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #2  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

I use resistance bands and I love them! :-) I think they'll definitely be enough! Good luck!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

You will not be "ripped." Being intensely muscular takes many hours of dedicated lifting. You can, however, start with the bands and see how it goes. Just remember that if the routine becomes easy for you, you will have to get tighter bands or switch to weights, as you will no longer see progress. Just go slow at first to make sure you don't aggravate your condition. Building muscle is the best thing you can do for your figure, and there is lots of info on the web about exercises for bands. Cuz remember that building a little shoulder mass helps to create the visual effect of smaller hips by balancing it all out. And nobody likes bat wings, or as I heard someone say bingo arms that swing in the breeze. Go for it!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

My hope is, if I can tolerate using the bands and build up to the tighter bands (there are 3 in the set I have) then my hands will get stronger without being overworked and eventually switch to free weights.

If not, just toned up would be nice. Especially for some strapless dresses!!!
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

I used resistence bands multiple times and girl, do they WORK! Try it out, they aren't as cute and easy and you might think.
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote