Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Default New Runners

I just started running on yesterday and I was wondering if there are any new runners out there. Maybe we can support one another and keep each other motivated. Please share your stories about the days that you run. How did it go? How are you feeling? Are you sore?

Let's hear from all of the beginner runners.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/179/160

Height: 5'8"

i started running last week. I used the couch to 5k program and I'm completed week 2 day 2 today. Honestly, I'm enjoying it. I am not fit at all. Never ran before and usually when I do run, I can't go for more than a few seconds. With couch to 5k, I'm proud of myself for holding on for the minute runs.

Week two has been challenging because there are now 90 second runs. I just keep reminding myself about the body I want and the level of fitness I want to reach and I push through the pain. I think pacing yourself and slowing down to start is the perfect way to get a steady rhythm going. I really want to know if people have seen significant weight loss overtime with running?
thequietvoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:11 PM   #3  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I'm not a new runner, but I'd like to join the thread! I've graduated from Couch to 5k last September and have been running ever since. I'm now training for a 10K in August.
aka8941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 199/179/160

Height: 5'8"

I found that my shins hurt now after my runs. I have decided to space out my running more. I have been doing some back to back runs and I think I'm not fit enough to do that. Also, I need to invest in proper running sneakers and other running accessories which I think make a difference.

I don't really feel like a "runner" yet but I'm enjoying the renewed energy and I'm seeing a tinsy bit of toning.
thequietvoice is offline   Reply With Quote