View Poll Results: To be thin I would give up.......
No way, the things are really care about are too precious! 8 38.10%
My spouse 0 0%
My child 2 9.52%
The ability to gain knowledge/read/learn 0 0%
Chocolate 11 52.38%
Your memories/unable to collect any in the future ie. picture albums or journals 0 0%
Sitting in the sunshine 0 0%
Vision or hearing or ability to speak 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 11:49 PM   #1  
Searching

Default What would you give up to be thin?

The magic fairy goddess has come down and is going to whisk that extra weight away, but in return you have to give up something that really means something to you. If you ever break your promise you gain back 2X the weight she wisked away.

Would you do it?
What would you give up? Remember you have to care about it.

Miss Chris
Old 08-15-2003, 12:10 AM   #2  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I would give up my child since I don't have any and don't want any. LOL Now you mentioned speaking. I would give up my wifes ability to speak. I'll be in trouble now.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:30 AM   #3  
Searching

I think you missed the point Howie. YOU HAVE TO CARE ABOUT IT! But I am sure you wife wouldn't mind if you gave up speaking ;-)

Miss Chris
Old 08-15-2003, 06:48 AM   #4  

This is a good question, Miss Chris. I've often told myself in moments of despair that I'd do ANYTHING. But, the "do anything" I mean is anything INSTANT - anything RIGHT NOW. For years, I WOULDN'T do anything long-term - that's how the pounds came on and stayed on.

The long-term, everyday stuff is the hardest to manage. That's why it's great to have a support group like this - to get us from one day to the next.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:42 AM   #5  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I chose chocolate. While I like it a lot (and my webmasters bring it to me when I do the extra bit to help them out -- it's become rather a joke), I could live without it if I had to. Millions of people do. But the PEOPLE part of the equation isn't negotiable. If I lost Hunter or Gem I'd be absolutely devastated. Pictures and journals help me keep in touch with my history and memories. In addition, gaining knowledge is part of being human. And losing sight or hearing is a nightmare thought.

I'd rather be blessed with a loving family, a keen mind, good friends, and good health, and stay obese. But I can have it all! I just have to be willing to work at it.

Yep, the chocolate could go. But nothing else.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:52 AM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Chocolate - I'd never let another tiny bit of chocolate cross my lips - if **Poof** I was thin!

Steve and Jacob - I gladly weigh 2x what I weigh now to save them. They are my everything.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:37 AM   #7  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Did not miss the point just having a little fun. I won't have to give up anything because I'm going to make my own magic and by next year POOF! I'm thin.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i almost chose chocolate, but miss chris said "something you really care about" so i tried to pretend that it meant a lot to me, too.

i wouldn't give up anything i REALLY cared about. i care about weightloss but it's not worth losing things most important to me.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:54 AM   #9  
Student of the Hoof

Yep, I'm right there with Holly. I can do this without magic, I just didn't know that till February!!
Old 08-15-2003, 10:58 AM   #10  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally posted by howie6267
I won't have to give up anything because I'm going to make my own magic and by next year POOF! I'm thin.
And that's what I say. Give up chocolate? Me? You got to be jerking my beefaroni!

My gym workouts are going well, my trainer said he wishes all his ladies were eating like me, etc.

I would willingly give up seeing certain members of my family, hahahaha, and DEFINITELY some coworkers. But that's about it.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:17 PM   #11  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

There are some days I'm willing to give the kid.. just kidding.. but sometimes she can be a real challenge. I would give up chocolate. That is the only thing on the list I would consider.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:25 PM   #12  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Yep, Howie's in the doghouse! I chose children, too, for the same reason as him. But...I guess chocolate would be the one thing I love that I'd be willing to do without.

Quote:
I'd rather be blessed with a loving family, a keen mind, good friends, and good health, and stay obese. But I can have it all! I just have to be willing to work at it.
Boy, that really sums it up!

Last edited by Gardenwife; 08-15-2003 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-15-2003, 04:35 PM   #13  
Searching

I find this question interesting because I think its a kind of wake-up call to what's REALLY important and I think Synger did say it all. And we can have it all, takes hard work to maintain ALL these things except for maybe chocolate ;-)

Miss Chris
Old 08-15-2003, 06:39 PM   #14  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, but you can even have chocolate if you work at it (unless it triggers binges or you completely eschew sugar). I find a Tootsie Roll often will satisfy that "gotta have chocolate" craving for very few calories. Or chocolate syrup in skim milk.

Chocolate cake and chocolate fudge, on the other hand, are definite no-nos in the Synger chocolate repertoire. They lead to More. /sigh It's SO easy to slide right past Just Enough and go straight to More.
Closed Thread