Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 4/26/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 04-26-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #2  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Everybody

Just wanted to send good vibes to everyone today and extra good vibes to those who are struggling. have a great day, enjoy every success that comes today.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all,
Just breezed through yesterday's posts, catching up. Great weigh ins yesterday!

Have a wonderful day, stay strong and OP!
Chloe

PS: Thank you for the good wishes the past couple of days. My surgery went well yesterday. Taking it easy today and this weekend.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all,
Just breezed through yesterday's posts, catching up. Great weigh ins yesterday!

Have a wonderful day, stay strong and OP!
Chloe

PS: Thank you for the good wishes the past couple of days. My surgery went well yesterday. Taking it easy today and this weekend.
Glad to see you here this morn Chloe, I am happy all went well yesterday. Be kind to yourself today and take it easy.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #5  

Oh, just a thought - when they give you IV, it appears that the default is a sugar based solution. I asked about that right before they hooked me up, I told them I didn't want any sugar in my body. Of course they wanted to know why, had to get special dispensation from the anesthesiologist and then they used a saline solution instead.

Re wanting to know why and then hearing about IP, it became a point of interest among the nurses and doctors. Naturally they wanted to learn more about it.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #6  
Restarted IP 3/19/12

S/C/G: HW257 230/202.8/125

Height: 5'2

Good Morning All,

I am using WF products (I placed a big order online) and it tastes so good I feel scared that I am messing up IP and ketosis but my coach has an order form right in her office said all the products are approved for all phases so I guess my next couple WI will let me know. I hope everyone has a great day. PS look I earned my tracker!!!!

Last edited by Pookiepotpie2; 04-26-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:38 AM   #7  

Hi Cadu,
I missed these boards yesterday!

Yes, will be taking it easy. Have the hubby waiting on me...will be trying to milk that for as long as possible! LOL!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

So I’m going to share my VERY dark dirty secret! I have never really counted my veggies! And I have to be honest I have had very good weight loss, 29lbs in 8 weeks BUT I know it could be better much better! So this week I really tried to ensure I counted everything not just eye balled it. So I do have a question…. 1 cup veg is 85 grams right? My coach wasn’t too sure and said to use a measuring cup but let’s face it, there is a lot of room for more in a measuring cup depending on what size the veggies are. I have been weighing mine out at 85 grams yesterday. I think its right but need some experts to ensure me.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookiepotpie2 View Post
Good Morning All,

I am using WF products (I placed a big order online) and it tastes so good I feel scared that I am messing up IP and ketosis but my coach has an order form right in her office said all the products are approved for all phases so I guess my next couple WI will let me know. I hope everyone has a great day. PS look I earned my tracker!!!!
Pookie,
Nice tracker! That was fun to put together,wasn't it?

Re WF, some people are highly sensitive to these free additives and it appears most aren't. I'm not sensitive to them and so use as much as I want. Others have only 2 T or less a day of all additives. Just wanted to let you know.

Have a great OP day!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #10  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good morning IP friends! Day two at the water park. I've always taken the kids swimming but usually end up in the pool or ocean with them for hours. The park is quite different. I've been self conscious about not wearing g a shirt in public most of my life. I know I had my fair share of looks and smirked yesterday but I keept thinking a month ago and 50 pounds ago it would have been much worse. The trip and wait up the 4 flights of stairs for the waterslide was no problem. The ride down slide was another thing. It was fun and terrifying at the same time. I was 20# overweight for the ride but went anyway. I lost my tube in the dark half way down. I promised my 9 year old son I'd go once more today. I will hold on better this time. I only had one handle in my grasp yesterday. I will make sure today I have both.

Off to breakfast. Have an awesome OP/IP day.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Good Morning All,

Today is the big day my first official WI. Im excited and scared all at the same time. Hoping the scale is good to me, considering I have been OP 100% I was even strong enough to watch the family eat pizza last night while I ate my ol salad lol. Make it a great one~
Old 04-26-2012, 08:07 AM   #12  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good Morning All,

Today is the big day my first official WI. Im excited and scared all at the same time. Hoping the scale is good to me, considering I have been OP 100% I was even strong enough to watch the family eat pizza last night while I ate my ol salad lol. Make it a great one~
Good luck at WI today!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Morning all!
Today I am sleepy. I went to bed early last night because TOM is making me crazy.. my emotions.. my cravings.. the bloating.. everything is so much worse this month. I was so emotional last night and really craved a new pesto I made for the DH. I didnt even get a lick. Proud of myself but then I had an extra restricted. UGH.. then the guilt came. This morning for breakfast I had an omelet instead of my normal restricted bar. Maybe I can make it the day without a restricted today to make up for yesterday? I've discovered that TOM is a very powerful thing on this diet and makes me crazier than normal. /sigh

Chloe, glad you're back! Relax and enjoy being waited on :P
Old 04-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

PrettyOne GOOD LUCK! You'll do great!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Cadu, you are always so upbeat, thanks for that!
Chloe, I hope you feel better.
CassiR, all I can say is that there are some advantages to being my age and one big one is no TOM! Hang in there, this too shall pass and you will be thinner when it does!

I guess it is going to be a rainy day here in Idaho. So today I cannot garden and will have to work on my daughters dance costume that I have been putting off. Recital is next week so I really need to get a move on!

I hope everyone has a great day. Prettyone, I hope your weigh-in is fun! Remember this is a life changing journey of very small steps. Enjoy each step.
Closed Thread