Old 04-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/218/1??

Height: 5

Default Struggling

Lately i have been under a lot of stress at work and home and am having a hard time with the diet. I am hungry more, crave more. Etc. i do bring food and plan my meals , but lately i am just exhausted and want carbs
Lettuce wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

I'm sorry you're under a lot of stress... Just know if you can (and you will) get through this challenging time than you'll be able to handle situations that come your way. Stay strong and keep busy with things you enjoy to distract yourself from your cravings.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/180/150

Height: 5'7"

no !!!! don't do it ! carbs are evil !! they get in your brain and make u want them..... stick it out, you'll feel better that you resisted !! like my dancing carrot ?? ha ha ... too bad i can't even EAT a carrot on IP !! :-)
libbikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Try to stick with it. The carbs will not fix your stress, they will add to it.
Make sure you are eating everything you are allowed, adding salads etc as needed. Things will work out!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

make yourself a nice salad and go for a nice cool evening air walk and breath, get better soon.
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 213/205/130

Height: 5-3 3/4

First, I'm so sorry! Love the suggestions of a yummy salad. Maybe make a homemade vinaigrette and a walk. I always grab a cup of hot tea during times of stress.
Jewelrydiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:40 AM   #7  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Lettuce
Try to push through the stress and not give in to the craves. I know its hard but take it one day at a time, one crave at a time. Times of excessive stress comes in our lives but the good news is that it passes. You will feel so much better about everything if you can just hang on & get through this without a cheat. Bad food is not going to take away the stress, it will only make you feel worse. I beleive that the more we resist the urges to go back to our old ways the stronger we get. You can do this. You are a strong beautiful woman that deserves to be happy. hang in there and let us know how you are doing.
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

I feel your pain. Sometimes I experirnce intense cravings. Some days and weeks, I fly through doing IP and others are a true struggle.

My wiring that leads to stress eating has a well laid foundation! I try to be kind to myself about it and find ways to work through it. I have begun to learn to live through those cravings. I have the book 50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food. Currently working on getting some of the tools going in my life so that they will be there for me when I feel the stress or emotional eating urge.

Be kind to yourself. Be willing to lay down new pathways for coping. If I struggle one day, I wake up the next day willing to do my IP plan again. Really, there is nothing I am going to let stop me in my pursuit of health and wholeness.

You can do this! You really are adequate to the task!
It is normal that you are experiencing the stress eating urge if it got wired in you from early on. Be willing. Look for your particular pathway out. It is possible!

Last edited by Samba; 04-26-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #9  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

I know the feeling too. Others have given you great suggestions. Also remember do not let what you want most be interrupted by what you want right now. I see you are down 22lbs with 29 to go on your ticker.. You can do this!!!
sanaroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #10  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

You are nearly half way. If you must cheat use IP, soya nuts, a wafer, pancakes with syrup or try Finn Stevens french toast, it's filling and with WF syrup it feels like a cheat. You will feel happier for not going crazy on the carbs. Carbs lead to more carbs. I feel your pain. I often get stressed and want to indulge but I have now gone to IP foods to have an indulgence now and again. I use alternatives so when I order I always have a selection there to choose from. Mugcake is good, it's filling and great with a cup of tea. There are drink mixes available that have less carbs than IP drinks so you are not completely blowing your diet. Good luck.
carolirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #11  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I've gone through some hard times with work and my close friends commented that it's amazing you haven't turned to food. My response was, right now sticking to IP is the only thing positive I have going on in my life. Plus, it's in my hands and not what someone else is "doing to me". Losing weight is the most positive thing in my life and more important than my job, I can't let it fall apart too.

"You're not hungry; you're thirsty" -- posted on this site earlier by someone. It helped me to remember more fluids before eating something extra. Stick with it during the hard times because it gets easier and it works! Good luck to all!
sekc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #12  

When I couldn't fight the urges anymore, I'd make an IP pudding. (a 4th packet for the day) I'd eat it very slowly, and usually I'd be able to stop about 1/2 way through it. Cheating with something IP really isn't much of a cheat. Early on I even ate 2 restricteds a day a couple of times bec/ I just couldn't stop the urges. I needed something crunchy, so I had an extra packet of puffs or an extra bar. I still lost weight. (Not advocating that as a daily thing.)
Andie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #13  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettuce wrap View Post
Lately i have been under a lot of stress at work and home and am having a hard time with the diet. I am hungry more, crave more. Etc. i do bring food and plan my meals , but lately i am just exhausted and want carbs
First hand...when I let the food and fun get the best of my brain....I say NO!....sometimes it takes me a few days, but the last year at my goal weight is better than my best day at my high weight.

Only thing I wish is that I didn't put it off for so long.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 231/218/1??

Height: 5

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the encouragement. At my counseling session tonight the counselor said to consider that we have a finite amount of emotional resources at any one time. Right know I am using a lot of energy to keep on track so I need to be more mindfully of the other things going on..soooo I took a day off work..I have the time I just never do it..but I need a break..learning to care for me
Lettuce wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good for you, lettuce! Take a little time to regroup and care for yourself. You've come to far to turn back now....
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote