Old 04-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Too Much/Too Much/130

Height: 5'5

Default Good idea of keeping oneself accountable when losing weight

I am your classic yo yo dieter. However, there is always that point of weakness that pushes me over the edge and causes me to ruin my weightloss.

So, I started my weightloss again last Friday and I knew there were two things I need to do differently to be successful.

1. Keep scales out of my home
2. Come up with a good motivator

My scales are at a friends house. I keep this away from me because 90% of the time in which I gave up is because I would weigh myself and notice a stall. So now, I weigh myself once every 2 weeks.

A good motivator of "I want to be healthy" should be good enough. But let's face it....we all know weightloss will lead to healthier lives but we continue to eat. Because that double cheeseburger and fries tastes a lot better than being thin...because you can taste that cheeseburger right now...it's tangible.

So, to keep me accountable, I have started a pledge a thon in my community. People pledge a certain amount of money per pound lost and all proceeds will go to children who struggle with hunger in Lancaster City.

Not only will I feel better looking thinner, but I will feel good in knowing my weightloss helped feed children. Its a lot harder to look at a piece of cake and eat it knowing your weightloss will help children.

My pledge is from April 15, 2012 thru December 31, 2012.
Annah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #2  
Sam-I-Am

S/C/G: 324/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8

wow thats pretty cool of you! i would never have the nerve though, i dont like people to know im trying to lose weight, only my hubby and mother-in-law know .

i agree with keeping scales out of the house too. once every ten days is about how often i weigh myself, but i like it because you can see a bigger difference in the scale. and you dont obsess about what the scale says all day either.

good luck!
samcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I love that! Maybe I'll start a "donation jar" in my room. For every pound I lose, a dollar goes in. Then I can donate it. It'll be nice to see the money actually grow. Thanks for the idea!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #4  
threenorns

oh, that's a great idea.......

Last edited by threenorns; 04-21-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #5  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

As I said to you before (in Introductions), I think this is a fabulous idea!!! What a great motivator to work towards helping others in a healthy way -- esp to help out with a food charity. We have a food bank here, and we donate to them too.

Best wishes for your challenge; we'll be cheering you on ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #6  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

That's actually a really cool idea, having a weigh loss-related pledge-a-thon!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:19 AM   #7  

That's a nice idea. You keep a right frequency of weighing yourself, and you got chance to talk to your friend about your progress.
CrazyWL is offline   Reply With Quote