Old 04-23-2012, 08:07 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Simply filling/Core Weekly Chat: April 23-29

Last time I started our weekly thread I messed us up...Hope this is right.
Can't beleive I beat everyone to it.
I am waiting on my handyman to come.. May try to get another wink on the couch before he gets here.
Eating was bad over weekend, I will try to start this week off right..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #2  

Morning Nancy. Thanks for the new pages.

I called and cancelled my colonoscopy. My first cousin and my moms cousin both died from colon cancer, but they don't fall into the family history to satisfy the insurance co. I would hate to have to pay for this procedure. I will wait until it's been a full 10 yrs since my last one. I'm not having any symptoms. My husband, on the other hand, is anemic, on his last lab work and our dr. was concerned about that. He had pre-cancer polyps last time, so he definitely needs to have this done. He is really worried. He is scheduled for next monday.

Need to go grocery shopping and pick up my glasses. Have a great week.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Oh, Pam I thought you had that already. I guess you were just talking about scheduling it.

Nancy, thanks for the pages, and I hope the renos go well.

I've been to tap practice, and decided that I'm stepping out of one dance and someone else is switching places so that she can dance my part. I have been working like crazy on the dance but still wind up on the wrong foot in spots where it really matters It's not unusual to step out of one dance in a program; I'll get it down for later performances.

Big storm in the east, I see. Their turn!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #4  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a busy morning with the church and shopping for my canasta party this Wed. I'm now resting up before I tackle the dusting vacuuming and washing down the kitchen and bath.

NANCY-Thanks for the start up for this week. I might need my handy an again if I can't find a vertical blind place that has a measure & installing plan. He didn't do a good job on measuring the reg blinds for the bedroom. It took him and his helper over 1 hr to hang two blinds on two windows.

PAM-Sorry you had to cancel you colonescopy Can;'t understand why insurance companies don't pay for that service as so many people have colon cancer. Luckily mine does,had one last year so I down have to go until 2076.

RHONDA-We had rain this morning but now it getting dark again and I guess the next storm is due. Glad you found some one to take your place in the dancing program.

Have to go and get started in my cleaning

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Hi there. I've been gone all day shopping with a gf. We had a great time. Now I'll be subbing the rest of the week. I should be able to get here from school unless something unexpected happens.

Nancy, thank you for the new pages. for the renovations.

Rhonda, that's good you could drop out of that dance. Did you see Amazing Race last night? One man almost overheated doing a dance in India.

Maryann, don't overdo it getting ready for your gathering.

Pam, I don't blame you for not having the procedure. I hope your husband gets good results from his. Please keep us posted.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #6  

I spent about an hour working outside in the yard this afternoon, after having worked out at the gym. I filled 10 bags full of leaves. Then, I went to a meeting of a city council committee I'm on...it's related to a bond request in November for street improvement. I'm going to know a lot about asphalt before it's over.

I made beans and ham in the crockpot and had that for supper, with a big salad.

I'm tuckered out and am headed for bed I hope you're all having a good night.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #7  

Watched a food show on Netflix called Forks Over Knives.
2 doctors show what a diet without animal products and refined foods can do for your health. They call it a plant based whole foods diet.
Interesting.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #8  

Nancy, I haven't seen that movie, but I did hear about it. I have no doubt that a plant-based diet and no refined foods is a healthier one for humans. However, our ancestors did eat some meat now and again. I have heard that one problem is that our plants are not the same plants that our ancestors ate. I doubt that I am ever going to replace meat totally with plants like soy.

I am paying a lot more attention to where my meat comes form, and how it was raised and fed.

The work of Dr. Dean Ornish is quite convincing I believe. He has actually reversed heart disease in patients and was one of the first to show that it could be done. His diet is extremely low fat and plant-based.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #9  

lets all become vegetarians. I'm up a pound this week.

Going to get my hair trimmed. It's cool here the last few days. Making a pot of veggie soup. Should hit the spot.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #10  

What a day: tap practice; lunch 35 minutes from here with friend; flat tire; drive home on "donut" after help from AAA; tire repaired; home to rest; out to dinner with nephew who is in town from Colorado; mayor's campaign candidates debate after dinner!

I'm going to be very tired tonight.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #11  

Rhonda, do you ever stop and smell the roses? You are one busy lady.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, you are one busy chickie. I don't have your energy.

I didn't have computer access at school today afterall and probably won't all week. I missed you ladies.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #13  

Bath redo is going smooth..After the last handyman this one seems Perfect!!
I am doing my stuff while he does his..Imagine that concept LOL
I wrote a $300 check for him and he tried to cash it but it said 3 dollars where you write it out..He laughed and I told him thats what happens when I talk & write at the same time.

Listed my boat today and 10 people want it..Maybe I underpriced it..Someone is seeing it in the morning..Its sad but it will also be a relief to not worry about maintaining it.

I decided to try this new diet with very little meat or dairy..I stocked up tonight at Trader Joes..I am not a big meat eater anyway..It will be interesting..
If anyone wants to see the 2 videos about it (Forks Not Knives & Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue) PM me and I will tell you how..
Old 04-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Nancy, good success with your new strategy.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #15  

I have roses that I smell every morning when I feed the birds!

The rest of the day went well.

Nancy, good luck with selling of your boat--and the diet!