Old 04-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 301.5/295.8/168

Height: 5'9"

Default Taste??

Does the taste get better? I have had my first 2 meals for the day and the after taste is horrible.... Does it get better???
Courtneyep27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #2  

Default hmm, I hope so...

I have my first order sitting right here. The box arrived this morning and I just opened it up.

Reminds me of the backpacking foods of the 70s when all the rage was dehydrated, powdered whatever. I remember the Beef Stroganoff particularly. I ate all that junk back then so I suppose I really can stomach anything.

I have not tried anything yet, I am going to get a rocket blender today and have a 'farewell to fat' dinner tomorrow. probably start on Monday. Hope they are better than it sounds!
pointydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #3  
I want big pants!

S/C/G: OMG/OMG/150

Height: 5'2~ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtneyep27 View Post
Does the taste get better? I have had my first 2 meals for the day and the after taste is horrible.... Does it get better???
It's not so much that the taste gets better as you get sort of acclimated to it. Your taste buds wave the white flag early on though. Good Luck!
DeFluffinMyStuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #4  

Some of the stuff is easy to "doctor up" too. For example, if you got any of the hot cocoa mixes, you can add those to a black cup of coffee + cinnamon for a cinnamon mocha latte fix. Those are actually really good and neither the cinnamon nor the black coffee count against you.
Bones1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #5  
I want big pants!

S/C/G: OMG/OMG/150

Height: 5'2~ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones1928 View Post
Some of the stuff is easy to "doctor up" too. For example, if you got any of the hot cocoa mixes, you can add those to a black cup of coffee + cinnamon for a cinnamon mocha latte fix. Those are actually really good and neither the cinnamon nor the black coffee count against you.
Stealing and doin'....
DeFluffinMyStuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFluffinMyStuffin View Post
Stealing and doin'....
Your name and avatar are adorable, btw lol
Bones1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #7  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

It does get better. I think your taste buds adapt after a couple weeks.

There's lots of tips here for doctoring up the food. My favorite is a hot cocoa one, too. Add cocoa powder, cinnamon, ginger, a pinch of cayenne and a splash of milk of coffee creamer. Reminds me of the gourmet hot cocoa I love.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote