Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 09:10 PM   #1  

Default Need help calculating points please!

Hello! I am new here and today is my second day doing WW. I ordered the kit and everything to do it from home myself but I thought I would get a head start on calculating my points. Today, I am having a problem calculating the points for my dinner...here it is if anyone can help me!!!

1/2 cup of yellow rice with little chicken pieces in it
2 bites of a porkchop
Fruit Works Fruit Punch

Any help would be much appreciated!! Also the points for Coke is 3.5 for 16oz, is that the same for pepsi too?

Thanks!
dulcericanbaby
Old 08-03-2003, 06:32 PM   #2  

Thumbs down calculating points

Your dinner was probably about 6 points, including the drink, but could possible be a bit more as you do not say if the pork chop, rice or chicken was prepared with any added fat/oil/butter.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:44 AM   #3  
ala

Leala's estimate sounds about right but to really figure it out you'll have to start weighing your food. For example, depending on how much chicken actually ended up in that rice or how big your bite of pork chop was, it will change the points. The easiest thing is to figure out how much you are putting in before you cook and then you can figure out the points.

This all sounds way more complex then it turns out to be. I've been on WW for a number of years now and I just do it automatically now.

Good luck.

Last edited by ala; 08-15-2003 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-15-2003, 07:29 AM   #4  

Default Thanks for the Help!

Thank you both for your help. Unfortunately, I decided to start WW at the same time of the BBQ at mother in laws house LOL. So I wasnt the one cooking, thats why it was hard for me to calculate points but I just received the books and stuff with the point values and the slider so it will hopefully be easier for me! Thanks again for your help!

dulcericanbaby
Old 08-15-2003, 12:18 PM   #5  
ala

You might want to consider BBQ's the same way you count restaurant meals. For those we can only get an estimate. The WW matericals you've received should help you with those.

There is a real difference between a meal "out" and those in our own house where we have far more control over oil, sugar, etc.

Good luck.
Closed Thread