Old 04-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #1  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Atkins Phase 1 Week 2

Down 4 lbs, blood sugars doing better and I'm off diabetes meds now. (They were making me gain weight, and other complications too.)

Last week, I wasn't as strict on induction as I could have been. Today my period started, so perhaps that can explain a little bit of the intense carb cravings. I still have a huge appetite this morning, but not so much for the carbs.

My goals for this week are:
  1. Stick to induction levels of net carbs.
  2. Eat enough fats to manage hunger.
  3. Eat enough protein but not too much later in the day.
  4. Eat every two to three hours.
  5. Drink plenty of water.
  6. Stay on top of my supplements.
  7. Get back to exercising as soon as I feel well enough. (Still waiting for the drugs to get out of my system.)
I experimented with juicing vegetables last week. Probably not the best time to do that. I can save that for later on this summer. Carbs were definitely higher for me on those days. But my blood sugar numbers didn't go up afterward, so I don't know how to interpret that.

I really hope my appetite reduces this week. I ate a lot of food a couple days, but I averaged about 200 calories per day below RMR throughout the week. I know that eventually eating that much won't result in continued weight loss. When I stop losing weight on carb cutting alone, I'll start cutting some calories. Don't want to mess with that till I get induction phase down!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Eating too low of calories might mess you up. It's normal to have stalls, keep with the low carb and make sure you at least get a sufficient amount of calories.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #3  
Renaissance Woman

I'm not anywhere near getting too low on the calories! I'm just amazed that I can eat so much and still lose weight.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #4  
Renaissance Woman

Today I'm finding that I'm fearing the fats. I love fats and have trouble cutting them from my diet. But I'm so hungry all the time now and people are telling me I need to eat more fats.

Yesterday I started slicing off bits of butter and letting it slowly melt on my tongue. Tasted really good, felt naughty! Not sure how many fats I should be eating in order to control the hunger. I cooked my egg and kale in 1 Tbs olive oil, had cheese and almonds...in total, almost 500 calories this morning, but I'm still hungry. I drank lots of water already, took my vitamins. I guess I'll go eat a piece of butter.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #5  
Future Mrs.

S/C/G: 291.6 / ticker / 175

Height: 5'9

I'm on Week 2 also. I'm having a hard time actually getting calories in. I'm pretty much under everyday. I seem to be less and less hungry each day. I hope it doesn't stall me.
justjill124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #6  
Renaissance Woman

Quote:
I seem to be less and less hungry each day.
Wow! Color me envious! I think I'm still suffering the side effects of medication I just came off of. I haven't been this hungry since I was on prednisone years ago!

I'm going to be searching for induction status forever!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #7  
Renaissance Woman

I've finally been able to get my carbs down to 20 net gm, for three days in a row. Basically, I cut back on the veggies. I was eating a lot for a few days there and wasn't seeing any positive changes on the scale. But yesterday, I finally dropped another couple pounds, so I'm convinced that sticking with under 20 net gm of carbs is the way to go.

I'm still eating a lot, although there's been a steady shallow decline in calories over the last six days. I'm shooting for 1800, and managed to cut almost 100 calories a day. But I still struggle with hunger.

It's four weeks till I leave for my trip. I wonder what I'll be able to achieve by then. Dream achievement, seeing a loss of five pounds a week.