Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 09:28 AM   #1  

Thumbs down

T minus six weeks to Memorial Day! Anyone up for some short term goal setting to get our summer started right? I will come back later today and post my official goals. Please join me!!!

Jhawk
Old 04-16-2001, 09:46 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default I'm in!!

Hi JHawk - Thanks for starting this thread! I think I am going to set my goal for 6 pounds. I'm going to stay safe. I want it to be more, but I have to be realistic, and 1 lb. a week is realistic.

Starting Weight 4/16: 241.0
Memorial Day Goal: 235.0
Ultimate Goal: 170.0

OK, that's it for me!
Old 04-16-2001, 12:32 PM   #3  

Default memorial day goals

Hello,
I am with you girls a weight loss goal for Memorial Day sounds good! But I have to agree with Lauren a 1 pound a week goal is about all I can realistically manage at this point. I am setting my goal for 6 pounds in 6 weeks. I am also going to set my water goal for 100 oz. minimum a day. I am also going to step aerobics 3 times a week as well and that might effect how much weight I lose, might be more inches. Better get out the tape measure and check out my waist line! Yuck. Well hope you all set a goal as well and stick to it. Good luck and have a great week!
Diana

"I WILL DO THIS FOR ME!"
Old 04-16-2001, 01:07 PM   #4  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

I think the last goal I made was Christmas.. maybe Labor Day.. I'm not sure but it is time for another. I am recommitted as of now. 6 weeks from to day I would like to have lost 9 pounds (1.5 a week average) and I would like to have achieved my ribbon from WW I have to make an adjustment here since my original post. I had weigh in tonight and gained 4 pounds. So if I lose 9 pounds I will also receive my weight watchers ribbon. That is my goal to get the ribbon! It will be my first ever. It will mean a lot to me.

starting 199
goal 190 (and the ribbon)

dani

Last edited by happyface; 04-16-2001 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-16-2001, 05:27 PM   #5  

Hello again...

I am very excited to see some new goal setters! LBH and Diana, good luck on the 6 lbs. I think you are smart to be realistic. And if you exceed your goals, all the better!!

Dani - I am going to shoot for something similar to your 9 lbs goal. We can do this!!

Even though it is not a round number when divided by 6 weeks, I am going for (hold on to your hats!) 10 pounds. That is 1.66 lbs. per week. I can't even believe I was brave enough to declare that goal publicly, but I almost feel like doing so is half the battle. In six weeks, I leave on vacation to attend a wedding of a dear friend and I would really like to make some serious progress toward my ultimate goal by that time. I am going to use the trip and the newly awesome weather as my motivation.

This won't be easy, but it can't hurt to make my goals challenging, right? Wish me luck...wish us all luck!!

Jhawk
190.4/187.0/177 MD Goal/150-ish
Old 04-17-2001, 12:03 PM   #6  
Pink Thingy

Default If you can't beat 'em....

well guess I had better jump on the bandwagon. Managed to miss my Easter Goal and seem to have got confused over my stats. So here is what I am gonna do this time, I am gonna post my stats on every post to avoid my confusion

My goal is to lose 6.5lbs (this will get me my 10% key ring), to continue drinking my water (even at the weekends) and to exercise at least 3 times a week

Welcome to all the new faces and hi to the oldies.

And before I forget - my stats

SW - 202.5lbs
CW - 188.5lbs
MD - 182lbs
Goal -

Good luck everybody
Old 04-17-2001, 01:44 PM   #7  
Donna

Happy Tuesday Everyone,

Well I had a pretty good weekend, ran a lot of errands, but didn't get much done around the house. I love long weekends, wish I could afford to work only Tuesday through Thursday .

Memorial Day Goals - Hmmm.... I've been debating this, I've been averaging a half pound a week since I started last Sept, but I would really like to get to the 10% loss mark by the 4th of July and to do that I need to up my loss average. Of course with good weather close by (it's snowing as I type) it should get easier..... Anyway, my goal is to lose 6 lbs by Memorial Day which is a pound a week or double my average . Also I want to eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies and walk at least 3 times a week.

First WI is tonight so we'll see how I start off this challenge pretty quick.

BFB - Good luck on those 6.5 lbs. Our goals sound pretty similar don't they.

Jhawk - 10 lbs you are much braver than I. Good Luck!

Dani - You'll get that ribbon, just hang in there!

Diana - 100 oz of water I'm pretty happy when I get in my 48 oz, much more and I'd feel like I was floating! Good luck on those 6 lbs.

LBH - 6 lbs, you'll make it.

Good luck to everyone, I'll stop back after WI to post stats.

- Tech
249.2/235.6/229.6(M-day)/170ish
Old 04-17-2001, 02:02 PM   #8  

I'm in!

I've never actually set timed goals for weight loss but am excited it. Six weeks.........2#/week.........12#.

I started eating right a month ago, low fat, low salt, using the food pyramid to eat the right amounts. I've lost 16# this month.

That's almost unbelievable since we had two weeks of company, eating out, cooking nice meals and being unable to exercise the past two weeks due to a sprained ankle.
Old 04-17-2001, 04:00 PM   #9  

Default Hi!

Hi everyone! I hope everybody had a good weekend!
I went to my Saturday meeting and was down 2lbs.
I'm only 1 lb. away from my 10%. This week I'm hoping to lose that lb. but I'm having a bit of a hard time because I'm coming down with somthing. I have a sore throat and I totally want to baby myself and eat every little while for comfort. But I haven't given in completely. I'm hanging in there so far.
As far as my memorial day goal 9 lbs. sounds like a good goal for my also. I'm also hoping to ride my bike 3 - 4 times a week.
Well, have a great day everyone! Best of luck! We can do this! Julie
Old 04-18-2001, 12:15 AM   #10  

Aw, Tech Alum, ain't the snow a *****? And it was 80 degrees here in Chicago only a week ago. A girl can only take so much winter.

Given that I've been 100 PERCENT SLAVISHLY AND SOMETIMES READY TO SCREAM YET NEVER GIVING UP on this program since I started Feb. 26, and STILL have only lost about a pound a week, six pounds by Memorial Day sounds grim but realistic. So that makes me...

181.2/174.2/166.2 (MD)/130ish in the end

Dang, I'm bummed tonight. Tomorrow, more energy and enthusiasm for this WW adventure.

Good luck to y'all--

STH
Old 04-18-2001, 09:37 AM   #11  

Hello all...

We have some great goals to work toward! We can do it. BFB, good luck on the 6.5 and the water. I've been drinking my water again lately and I don't know why I ever let myself get out of the habit...I feel better when I do it.

Tech, 6 lbs. sounds good. NancyNurse, welcome and good luck on the 12 lbs! Very ambitious!! Freesha, you can make 9 lbs! And I would really like to start biking too...I used to ride a lot and in the last couple of years I am lucky if I ride twice a summer...that needs to change.

STH, good luck on the 6 lbs. I am with ya on the snow. We haven't had snow this week, but the warm spring weather is no where to be found either. I want warmth, dangit!!

Well, this week has gone really well so far, but tomorrow is weigh in day, so I won't no for sure how good until then. I've been perfectly OP and have exercised and drank my water every day since Monday...which may not sound like much, but given my track record of late, is big progress!!

Have a great day.

Jhawk
Old 04-18-2001, 07:23 PM   #12  

Hi all! Wow! Lots of Memorial Day goalsetters!! How exciting. I was thinking of doing 5 pounds, but you all have inspired me and I will go for the 6 pounds, 1 pound /week. I just got back in town and am leaving again for a little over a week, so I will miss my first few weigh ins. I will be watching the food intake nonetheless!

Sorry I don't have time to respond to you all - but good luck to everyone on the goals they have set.

Rabbit
230/170.5/164.5MD
Old 04-19-2001, 11:55 AM   #13  
Donna

Happy Friday Eve Everyone,

Why do short work weeks seem the longest?

Well I stayed the same at WI on Tuesday . I was hoping for better but I'll take it. So now I have 5 weeks to loose 6 lbs . I'll make it I just need to journal and not eat like I did yesterday, but that's another story.

STH - well it's supposed to be in the 70's again this weekend so maybe there really will be a spring this year I've had my doubts.

Rabbit - Good luck with all that traveling, I tend to have problems when I mess with my routine (kind of like my dog )

Jhawk - How was WI? Hope it was what you wanted.

Freesha - Congrats on the 2 lbs. Only 1 from that pesky 10%. You go girl .

NancyNurse - Good luck on those 12 lbs. You are truly ambitious.

To everyone else - Hope everything's going well with you .

- Tech
Old 04-19-2001, 01:14 PM   #14  

Hello gang...

Rabbit, good luck on the traveling. Like Tech, I don't do so well when I am out of my element. You have the right attitude though. Good luck on the six pounds.

Well, Tech, if it makes you feel any better, I also stayed the same at weigh in today. At first I was upset, 'cause I've been a perfect WW'er for the last three days, but then I remembered that the previous four days were pretty much the opposite of perfect, so I should probably be glad that it wasn't a gain. It does, however, make my 10 pound goal even harder...that is two pounds week from here on out. I should probably change my goal, but I know I won't make it if I don't try, so I'm gonna keep trying.

Have a great day all!

Jhawk
(Still) 10 lbs. to go on MD challenge

Last edited by jhawk; 04-19-2001 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-23-2001, 12:21 PM   #15  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Hmm...is everyone busy...there are no posts since Thursday?! I guess no one weighs in on the weekend?

I weighed in this AM and was down 1/2 pound. I think it's more though, because I forgot about weigh in and ate a pretty heavy dinner last night, and that was around 7:30 or so. I may just weigh in tomorrow AM, after eating light today, just to make sure!

Have a great day all!!
Closed Thread