Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-23-2012, 06:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Dieting while being sick

Ive been lucky to beat any colds and flu's for the past 14 months but a few days ago my luck ran out. On Friday morning my sore throat crept in. Right away I went to the store and loaded up on Emergen-C and drank 3 packets that day. My body didn't react to them as well as it did a few months ago because my throat got worse and worse. yesterday I had a fever of 100.4 and now the sinususitis is settling in quite nicely -___-

Well my point to this is that yeah I've had a loss of appetite but have been forcing myself to eat, soups and grilled cheese sandwiches have been the only appealing thing to me these days :/ "comfort foods" I weighed myself yesterday and I went from being 178.8 a few days ago, I know weigh 151.0lbs....WTF? Okay I know my body's priority is to stop this bug but wth seriously? It could be water weight but I highly doubt it since I have not been drinking liquids as much as I should/was. I don't have the energy to walk around work as I usually do nevertheless get up from my sick bed and go for a run or something. I've been trying to avoid junk food but it's just there and I'm in bed almost all day.

Ladies, how do you guys handle your diet/workout regimes when you're sick as a dog?
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 137/..ticker../99

Height: 5'1"

You probably should focus on getting better right now, not your weight. However eating healthy is the right way to go wheather your on a diet or not. When I get sick on a diet, I eat plenty of veggies and fruits and home made chicken soup. A few comfort foods is ok just don't over do it.
Get well soon
Angelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/160/150

Height: 6ft

Your better off not eating so your body can fight the sickness.
Brummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #4  
Piseag beag boidheach

Height: 1.79

@Brummy: Can you explain what you refer to as "not eating"? (as that can go from not eating solids till full fasting with only water; the latter would not be a good idea).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa66 View Post
Ladies, how do you guys handle your diet/workout regimes when you're sick as a dog?
In my case, when I am sick, my body already wants tea, soup and juice (I get bad cravings for those). So I try to drink as many fluids as a I can, and to get home made vegetable soup (my basic one is butternut squash, carrots, celery and sometimes corn to give flavour, then all mixed). Depending on how bad I feel, I might not be hungry. I still eat, but little and very light (on Friday, for example, my lunch was just two tomatoes, with dried basil and a couple spoons of low fat white cheese).

Regarding the soups and sandwiches you are eating, are you eating low fat versions or normal ones? The soups, are canned or home made? If canned, are they low fat or normal? It might be that they have just more calories and fatty ingredients than what you usually eat, so if you are in bed, that might increase your body weight a lot. Salt can also be a problem.

Hope you get well soon!
Teacher2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #5  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Weightloss is about calories even if the food isn't the healthiest. It's good to eat healthy food when you're sick but if you haven't really been eating then you need some energy. If it was me I'd eat a grilled cheese sandwich. I wouldn't go crazy but I don't see the harm in having one. Feel better
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote