General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #1  
threenorns

Default rant rant rant - pregnancy rant

i have 3 preggie friend-type ppl now - love them dearly - BUT they keep telling me in *****excruciating***** detail about every little twinge and cramp.

i don't want to hear about your cervical pressure!

i don't want to hear about what you did the shower to relieve your haemmorhoids!

i don't want to hear about what you found in your underwear!

i don't want to hear about feeling that a red-hot whatever is being jammed up the hoo-hah!

these are the same ppl ranting at me about strangers coming up to lay hands on their tummies.

granted, i didn't like being mauled either but holy heck, what happened to pregnancy decorum!???

Last edited by threenorns; 04-21-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #2  
Piseag beag boidheach

Height: 1.79

I feel your pain! It's not that I have anything about pregnant ladies (what with being surrounded by them during my childhood/teenage years because of my large family), but I think some details should only be shared if the listener actually wants to listen to them. It's as if I started telling people in detail about all my gastric problems or the effects that gluten has on me :P I am sure people would say it's disgusting or something.

Not to mention that, in my case, hearing pregnant ladies speaking of how bad they are feeling just makes me want not to get pregnant ever :P

Last edited by Teacher2B; 04-21-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Teacher2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #3  
threenorns

i'll let you in on a secret: it's flipping miserable being pregnant but it's not gonna kill you and it's only a limited time span. after the pregnancy ends is when the REAL pain begins and that doesn't end for another 18yrs! (jk)

Last edited by threenorns; 04-21-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

lol I totally agree with you and I am 4 months with #2. Pregnancy is the easiest part of motherhood from me, I had the colicky newborn from ****. What kills me the most is first-time pregnant girls telling me they can't wait to have the baby so they can 'finally sleep' (looooooooolllll) I haven't slept through the night since October 2009

Last edited by sacha; 04-21-2012 at 03:00 PM.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #5  
threenorns

wow - it's only been 3yrs? lucky you - i got pregnant with my oldest daughter in 1885 and haven't slept since.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #6  
threenorns

Old 04-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I have slept better pregnant than at any other point in my insomniac adulthood. Seriously - pregnancy hormones are my personal Ambien.

I try very hard NOT to talk about just baby stuff, and particularly graphic, gross, or otherwise unpleasant baby stuff! I have a thread here where everyone is pregnant, and then one friend who is my go-to for TMI (she pays me back, we have an agreement that nothing is TMI, so whenever there is something icky going on, she and I are the only ones that get the details), and that is IT. NO ONE needs to know!

I do have friends that ask how I'm feeling or etc - I try to give general, neutral answers, like "Oh, starting to get a little uncomfortable", not "sweating so much in this heatwave that I'm leaving buttmarks on chairs" or "feeling like I have a bowling ball sitting on my bladder".
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #8  
threenorns

THAT is what i don't mind - that's nostalgic for me.

but answers like "omg, i am sweating to death! you hear that? that's me slapping the sweat between my boobs! and check this out - that's underneath them! omg, the crotch of my underwear is soaked; i look like i pissed myself [roar of laughter]. oh, no, here comes another pain, you know the one that ... oh - no, it's not a back contraction it's my hemmorhoids coming out again, hang on, i'll put you on speaker phone while i deal with this"

[crawls into bed... pulls blanket over head.... sucks thumb.... whimper.... twitch]
Old 04-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #9  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

ROFL threenorns..

Im guessing that people are like that because they are new to the bodily changes going on inside of them..its an experience....I can tell you one thing..If there was one thing i hated the most in life..it was the pregnancy part..I had a HORRIFIC pregnancy and i swore off getting pregnant ever again after that...Whoever says its a walk in the park..is lying... lol

Its taken me almost 2 years to get over the trauma of the first pregnancy..im considering a second..I can tell you..ever since we had the first one..are sleep has been sweeeeeeet...i guess im blessed.

However, i agree...keep your'e TMI pregnant stuff between you and your preggo buddies only.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote