General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-17-2012, 12:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'1

Default Weird things happening following weight loss progression?

Recently, I've noticed that I have been getting these whiteheads on my face and found out it was just part of the entire change to my diet and weight loss progression. I have never had acne or anything so it's a bit weird, and unsightly, but I have to learn to maintain good skin care I'm guessing. I know the body works in mysterious ways and is forever changing, but still it's odd for me.

I'm wondering if anyone else noticed things like this happen while they were on their weight loss journey too.
RainbowWimsii87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #2  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

My skin changes with the weight loss have mostly been positive ones, but for the past month or so I've had incredibly dry skin in the webs of my fingers. Cracking and bleeding dry, and no amount of hand cream seems to help. It's painful and unsightly.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:31 AM   #3  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowWimsii87 View Post
Recently, I've noticed that I have been getting these whiteheads on my face and found out it was just part of the entire change to my diet and weight loss progression. I have never had acne or anything so it's a bit weird, and unsightly, but I have to learn to maintain good skin care I'm guessing. I know the body works in mysterious ways and is forever changing, but still it's odd for me.

I'm wondering if anyone else noticed things like this happen while they were on their weight loss journey too.
Are you drinking enough water?

Only changes I have now is that I'm freezing!!!!! Hahaha
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #4  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Hmm.. make sure you're drinking enough water. Are you doing much exercise? Maybe pores are getting clogged from not washing straight away after. Or I guess your body could just be getting rid of some rubbish. Not sure, but I guess taking up some sort of skincare routine isn't a bad idea
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #5  

Are you a woman of color? I had a friend in college who was and she battled a skin problem similar to acne but it was one that effected primarily her particular race. I don't remember what it was called.

Go to a dermatologist to get the correct fix.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #6  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Happens to me too, unfortunately. And its not because I don't drink enough water, I'm at about 140oz a day plus coffee & tea. I figured it was all the toxins leaving my body, lol... It's not AWFUL, and its not like I'm going through puberty or anything, lol, but it is annoying to be 30 with acne.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Yes, yes, yes! For the past 4 weeks I have been getting red, scaly, itchy patches on my body and face! I have never had eczema before in my life (if that's what this is). The only thing I have been doing differently is taking vitamins. Could it be a reaction? It's driving me crazy - and it's so ugly!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/168/140

Height: 5'3

Zits. ARGH!
COchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #9  

I've always has issues with my skin. I constantly get break outs and I don't even know why. I can't really use products designed to cure acne because they dry out my skin so I'm in a weird situation. My skin is a bit oily, but I don't think that's what causes the break-outs. When TOM approaches my skin goes crazy, argh, I hate this!
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodymist View Post
Are you drinking enough water?

Only changes I have now is that I'm freezing!!!!! Hahaha
Haha. I wish I was freezing in this hot weather lately.

Yep, I've been drinking water like I've always been doing. I tried this facial acne wash though and it's seemed to help a bit actually. It's just annoying! ^_^*
Old 04-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeilaJey View Post
Hmm.. make sure you're drinking enough water. Are you doing much exercise? Maybe pores are getting clogged from not washing straight away after. Or I guess your body could just be getting rid of some rubbish. Not sure, but I guess taking up some sort of skincare routine isn't a bad idea
I usually wash after a workout, but now I'm making sure I get every nook and cranny VERY well lol. With this new acne soap thing it's actually helped. Out with the bad, right . Just whyyyy whiteheads lol.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
Yes, yes, yes! For the past 4 weeks I have been getting red, scaly, itchy patches on my body and face! I have never had eczema before in my life (if that's what this is). The only thing I have been doing differently is taking vitamins. Could it be a reaction? It's driving me crazy - and it's so ugly!

Oo you should get that checked out maybe. It could be the vitamins because it sounds like a rash to me. Like if I eat fruit that's been set in teh fridge over night...I get these raised red bumps that itch like mad! Did you try not taking the vitamins to see if they go away? Unless you have to take them then I sooo wouldn't not take them to try it out. But I feel your pain.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

I have stopped taking the vitamins for the past 2 weeks and I haven't gotten any new patches - but the old ones are still there. I am treating them with moisturizer and they are less itchy, but still discolored and unsightly. Ugh!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #14  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

I've read in my book, Eat to Live, that the first 6-8 weeks of a new diet is a detox stage where your body is flushing out toxins which can result in acne but this should eventually clear up after a few months.
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:23 AM   #15  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
I have stopped taking the vitamins for the past 2 weeks and I haven't gotten any new patches - but the old ones are still there. I am treating them with moisturizer and they are less itchy, but still discolored and unsightly. Ugh!
Off post - Your username just made me hungry! Hahaha!
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote