Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 04-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

Default Loving the new found confidence

I am seriously loving all of this new confidence that I have now that I lost the weight. I've always been shy and quiet and never got any real attention from the opposite sex, even back in high school with I was slim. But now that I'm starting to love my new body I have a newfound confidence. And I've even started to notice guys at school starting to notice as well as I've noticed a few double takes which I'm not used to, and always used to just blending in. But I kind of like the attention, I'm 22 and never been on a date or had a boyfriend, haven't even been kissed which I'm super embaressed about. I still have issues and a lot of flaws and i'm not the classic hot girl stereotype with the long blond pretty hair, and I'm ok with that. I think I look good and I hope in time someone will notice. But until then i'm just going to work on loving myself and look past my flaws as i'm really digging how it feels
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #2  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

That is fanastic. You've come along way, both with your weight loss and it seems like your mentality about your body. You should be proud...
You have an amazing outlook on where you are, and where you want to be.

And I hear you about that not having a boyfriend thing....I didn't have my first kiss until I was 3 months away from my 23rd b day, and didn't get my first boyfriend until the week I turned 23 xD I felt the same way but the men understood when I told them i wasn't really ready to date up until that point...So don't be embarrassed.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker23 View Post
That is fanastic. You've come along way, both with your weight loss and it seems like your mentality about your body. You should be proud...
You have an amazing outlook on where you are, and where you want to be.

And I hear you about that not having a boyfriend thing....I didn't have my first kiss until I was 3 months away from my 23rd b day, and didn't get my first boyfriend until the week I turned 23 xD I felt the same way but the men understood when I told them i wasn't really ready to date up until that point...So don't be embarrassed.
Yes, my mind set has deffiently changed, especially since I made the decission to go back to school last fall and I think the weightloss kind of made me look at myself in another light and helped me get my life back on track. And now I feel like I'm coming out of my shell and finding out who I really am, I guess it just took me a bit longer than others, I still have a long way to go, but at least I'm on my way.

And I'm so glad I'm not the only one out there, I turn 23 in June, and one of my biggest worries is if and when I ever do get a boyfriend how would they react once they found out their the first. So I can only hope I luck out with an understanding guy like you did.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

If a guy likes you for you, he's not going to change his opinion of you because you're inexperienced. You'll likely hear "I can't believe no one noticed someone as pretty as you until now" and similar comments. Enjoy it and don't let your experience (or lack thereof in this case) taint the excitement and mojo-boosting of being noticed!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #5  
GI in training

Height: 5"7

Yay, so glad to hear you are loving the new confidence - it feels so good doesn't it?!?! My advice would just be to get out and about, maybe join a club like tennis or whatever you like to do and you'll most likely meet someone you have thing in common with :-). It'll happen eventually, it did with me and I was married at 22 - 24 now :-)
Butterfly1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #6  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Sometimes you just have to take the plunge

I met my fiance on a whim when I went to a campus event back when I was a college sophomore. It was speed dating actually and I went thinking: "lol nothing is going to happen" because I was around 200lbs at the time and had little experience dating.

Well I figured I had nothing better to do and I went. We met, exchanged numbers and started going out about three weeks later. It's been almost four years ago exactly that we started going out.

My point is that sometimes you just have to GO FOR IT. Going to that speed dating was totally out of my comfort zone. I wasn't prepared for any guy to be attracted to me whatsoever and I was nervous, but I put on a pretty outfit and took the plunge.

Who knows who you'll meet? Take the confidence and shine
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #7  

thanks everyone, I'm hoping this confidence stays as I really love the feeling, I've felt just depressed and angry for a really long time and just something about today changed the way I normally look at life and I really hope this new found confidence is truly here to stay.

As far as dating, I think you guys are right, maybe I should look into local speed dating events or something like that I just hope the guy would make a move first and save me the trouble lol
Old 04-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 350/335/200

Height: 5'6

=D You inspire me--I hope that my confidence will come out with my goal weight! Atm I'm pretty backwards/socially insecure... I also have never date/never been kissed and I'll be 24 in August... But yeah, totally doing this thing because I want to wear clothes that I love/want to feel comfortable/sexy in my own skin
LykosEcho is offline   Reply With Quote