General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #1  

Default Thinking about weight way too much

Do you ever think about it so much that it does the opposite affect, it doesn't appeal to you?
I dont want this to be some hobby I do, and then drop and do again, so I am trying to find things to do in my life, so that its part of my life, and not something I get sick of and drop.
I've had this with a few goals in my life-like taking the LSAT. I obsessed and overthought it so much, that I just hated studying for it even more and nothing would ever "click" after a point, so I want to keep going, but I don't want to grow too obsessive.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #2  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

I have hidden the scale for the month. I am relying simply on measurements to keep me going, and that has helped tremendously. Especially since I'm doing a metabolic reset and allowing my metabolism to straighten itself out after years of basically starve-binge-starve.

I've recently gotten into a slight obsession with metabolism and how it works, and how long term low-calorie diets can cause problems, so I've been more focused on that aspect of things. It's easier for me to focus on getting healthy and strong, than it is to focus on getting thinner and losing pounds. I am hoping as I get healthier and stronger, then I will also lose some fat in the process.

Coming at it from a different angle has refreshed my desire to eat better, if not lower cal. I'm having fun in the kitchen again because my meals aren't limited to baked chicken, pick a veggie, pick a fruit, and brown rice anymore. And seeing the numbers go UP on the weights motivates me to keep going with that.

Summary: when it becomes boring or a chore, change it up! That's what's worked for me, because changing it up means I get to play around in the kitchen with different things. (I don't know if any of that helped, but I hope it did!)
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

Can you transition the thought process to overall health. Then it is hard to think too much about that.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #4  
Pinkie Pie Pony

S/C/G: 194/180.2/125

Height: 5'5

Default Yep

I get super obsessed with food and weight. I've had my fiance hide the scale from me a couple of times because I get too crazy and every time I go to the bathroom, even if it's just to brush my teeth, I weigh myself. So I weigh myself like 8 times a day. The focus on food can be really hard to get through Just find something else to focus on and if you can't escape it, think healthy thoughts. Like Aunrio posted, focus on overall health rather than focusing on food. I know it's hard, but you'll get through it, especially with help from friends here on 3fc
Goody3shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Height: 5'10"

Very obsessed. I weigh myself way too often and obsess over my food journals. I guess i feel like it helps keep me motivated and on track.
Mysticaldreamzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

I was obsessing about it before I took a 2 week vacation/family reunion break that ends tomorrow. Keeping on track and having weight loss at the front of my thoughts makes me feel secure. These last 2 weeks I have felt out of control and know that I have put on weight. I would rather be obsessed.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #7  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

For me, getting into yoga and cycling has helped a lot; it's given me something else to focus on but still working toward my goal. I also try to focus on new and cool ways to prepare healthy food.
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote