South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 06:17 AM   #1  
Mous

Smile Motivation Wednesday DAILY 8/13

Are you ready for some M-O-T-I-V-A-T-I-O-N??

Ladies it is up to us to find motivation wherever we can.
It can be found here.
It can come from a book.
It can come from friends and family.
But, it has to come from within.

Just what is motivation?

To motivate, put in motion, to spur on, to keep in tune, to be up and to inspire.

It can be a picture, an affirmation, a new outfit, and it can be a promise of something good to come.

Make yourself a long list of positive things, cut them up, and put them in a box. Take one out every day and read it and then apply it to your activities of daily life.

You all CAN and WILL do it if your mind is made up. You ARE changing every day in body, mind and spirit.
Numbers are numbers, feeling good is the goal.
Healthy decisions far out weigh pounds lost.
The metal monster does NOT rule your life.
YOU are in control.
Be happy with yourself. This is the best gift you can give you and others.

Motivate someone today. About ANYTHING.

My day yesterday deserved a
GOLD star!
I ordered the Low-Cal plate and it was satisfying and very good. It had lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, cottage cheese, fruit and a LEAN hamburgar. I ate till full and then nothing more.
For snacks for card playing, which I won! I had only 6 cashews..one of MY favorite's.
It was NOT hard to keep OP and I was so with ME.

So ladies, It can be done. I was pre motivated by having and sticking to a plan.

Know that I care about YOU, how you are doing and about things that make up your life.

Have a wonderful motivational day,

Lady
Old 08-13-2003, 06:29 AM   #2  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Marcie, what a timely post! I have been spending a lot of time thinking about what makes each of us tick. I think motivation and inspiration are such personal and subjective things, which as you said, can come from so many sources. But of course, no matter where you find motivation, the true motivating factor is US! Our hopes, our desires, our successes!

I love the idea of a "motivation box" to draw from! Just think...a different positive thought for each day...very uplifting!

So glad to hear you did well playing cards...in more ways than one!

I am back on track after my yummy birthday dinner at work. I did the 3 mile WATP tape for the first time last night! And I walked on the treadmill during my lunch break...another 1.75 miles. Today I will do the 2 mi tape and strength train. Exercise really does improve my attitude about everything...I need to keep this up!

Hope each and every one of you is able to find just the right thought to get you through the day!
Old 08-13-2003, 06:47 AM   #3  

Good Morning!!

Still on track.. Day two went well

I stepped on the scale this morning just to have a peak and I'm down 2.5 lbs. I won't claim it yet though just to make sure it stays.

Lady thanks for the motivation - you always have such good things to say.

Frannymae congrats on the three mile WATP. I haven't reached that yet (only made it to two miles so far).

Now on to day three
Old 08-13-2003, 07:05 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, darlings.

We returned home from Montreal last night... had a WONDERFUL time. Gained a pound and a half. Pretty damned good considering all the CRAP I ate!

I'm back on track today. I'm off to Mom and Dad's now. Dad's going into the hospital this morning, and is having his op tomorrow.

Franny, did I miss your birthday?! Many Happy Returns of the Day, sweetie!!

Marcie, I love the idea of the motivation box.

ZuzeQ, congrats on the 2.5 pounds!!

Excuse me... I have much to do. Love and hugs to all...
Old 08-13-2003, 07:26 AM   #5  
Imagine...

Good Morning Everyone!

Today my motivation is the size 18 jeans I am wearing...soon to be 16's

Ellis ~ my thoughts and prayers are with you! So glad you had a nice time.

Lady ~ Good job by you!! You are motivation!!

Franny ~ Happy early Birthday girl!!! Way to go on the three mile, the 2 mile like to kill me. LOL!

ZuzeQ ~ way to go! I try to stay off the scale it makes me crasy.

Me, I am staying the course, still op and doing ok!
Old 08-13-2003, 07:47 AM   #6  

Ladies, I weighed myself for the first time since DH and I started SBD! It isn't possible..I must be doing something wrong...new complicated scale. It tried to tell me that I've lost 21 pounds in a week and a half! No way! We haven't even been that strict...had pizza twice. had a few drinkie-poo's. I DO know though that I'm not retaining water like I did before. I'll see how it works for DH tonight...the scale, I mean.

DH commented to me that he is surprised now little food satisifies him. He doesn't go hungry, by any means, and he feels content!
I feel the same way. Yestersay I had leftover steak, a salad, a ground turkey patty, 30 pistachio nuts, 1/2cup LF cottage cheese and a piece of string cheese. I was't hungry for anything more.
I asked myself why should I eat more, if I'm not hungry. The clock says "Dinner time", but my stomach doesn't!

During the day, when I'm not going to make dinner in the evening, I tend to graze during the day and we don't snack in the evening anymore. that might be making the difference.

Anyway, keep on keeping on.......

Last edited by Tippy; 08-13-2003 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:52 AM   #7  

Good Morning!!

Wow! I had a good day yesterday. I'm back on track now! I think motivation also feeds itself! You know, one "good" day leads to another! Success is something we can ALL achieve, we definitely have the right tools. The motivation box is a great idea! Congrats on winning the card game. What is a WATP tape? Congrats on all the mileage! 2.5 lbs is good but wait until your whole week is up, that's even bigger & better! Hope your Dad's op goes well. Hope your size 16 jeans comes soon! Thanks to ALL of you! Have a great day! Gotta get ready for work!
Old 08-13-2003, 09:41 AM   #8  

Good morning chicksters!!!!
Welcome Back Ellis- We missed you! Hope you had a great time

ZuzeQ- Congrats on the 2.5 loss!!! Way to go!!!!

sflake- Stay focused on the size 16 jeans. Keep your eyes on the prize and you will get there in no time!!!!!!

Franny- 4.75 miles in one day? You go girl!!!!!

Lady- As usual, Thanks for the AWESOME post. It always motivates me!!!!!

Well, I decided to bite the bullet and start Phase 2 today. Went to the gym this morning and lost a total of 5 pounds during Phase 1. I know it does not seem like much, but it moved me off my plateau (which I was desperately hoping for). Also, I have not eaten sugar or junky carbs in over two years, so my body was really already semi-adjusted to this WOE. I was thrilled with this progress. Anyway, enough with my tangential post...Have a great day!
Old 08-13-2003, 10:02 AM   #9  

Hi to all beach babes!!

Yesterday went better for me....although with TOM, I had cravings and caved for a DQ blizzard treat...
I had it, it's done with....moving on...

I also walked 2 miles again last night, so I've been faithful to that since Friday. Having a puppy makes it much easier to get out there and walk.

Lady...again, thanks for such great topics. I know that you guys get me motivated. I know that I need to come here to get on track and to see how well everyone is doing helps me realize that I can too.
I know I'll be slipping along the way, but I'm human. Each time I do,, it's not as "bad" as it would have been. Eventually it will click with me and the bad choices will be a thing of the past. I know that I'm not giving up....

Have a great day at the beach...

Di
Old 08-13-2003, 10:11 AM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

Lady~~Thanks for the motivational reminders. I'm proud of you for ignoring the chocolate bar in the freezer and staying in control during your card game

Ellis~~I'm so glad that you got some time to relax and re-group before your Dad's surgery. You and your Dad are in my prayers. Sending : for tomorrow. Keep us posted, please.

Franny~~Way to go with the exercise, gal It does make you feel good about yourself, doesn't it?

SuzeQ~~You are doing great. keep it up

Tippy~~~What wonderful news Great attitude, stay with it.

Jackie~~~Congrats on the 5 pound loss

Dotismom~Glad you're back on track

Sflake~~Keep up the good job staying OP

I did not weigh-in this week because TOM is here and he always steps on the scale with me. I'll sneek a peek on the scale when he not around
NSV the other day: DH called me skinny and kept singing that old song "Super Freak" but he changed the words to "she's a very sexy girl, and her name is Silvia..." Gotta love him

Welcome to all the newbies and good luck to all those just starting SBD. You'll love it ~~it really works

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 08-13-2003 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:16 AM   #11  
GARDENING ADDICT

Didi~~We posted at the same time~~oops OK, girl, you are allowed one craving per TOM without getting a You are strong and in control
Old 08-13-2003, 10:41 AM   #12  

good morning all...thanks for the morning jump start Lady....it is always appreciated....
Today I am going on a little field trip with my garden club....we are going to go have lunch in a wonderful tea room that is known for its lucious strawberry pie!! My plan is to order a lucious salad (don't most tea rooms have them?) anyway....wish me luck I will need it...My biggest downfall is cakes and pies...especially pies. I can do this...my ears are pinned back and I am ready for war!!! It is a battle everyday...but I will prevail!! I can do this!
Old 08-13-2003, 12:27 PM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Whimsey~~Yes you can and you will.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:50 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just checking in. Had a lovely harbourfront walk this morning and put lots more steps on my pedometer. I feel sad that this is my last day but intend to enjoy it fully! Tomorrow I'll be travelling from 7:30 in the morning until I get back to Delta at 10 PM so won't be checking in. See you Friday!
Old 08-13-2003, 02:55 PM   #15  

Height: 5'-2"

Thank you Sflake, Dotismom and Sil. I'll let you know how things go...
Sil, your husband is an absolute darling!
Closed Thread