Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 04/11/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 04-11-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone,

Wishing everyone a successful OP day !
Old 04-11-2012, 07:12 AM   #3  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Good morning everyone!! WI#9 today, down another 4.2 for a total of 27!! Still feeling great on this diet and 100% OP!!

Congrats to all of the WI's yesterday!! Looks like we have a lot of newbies too so to you all!!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/147/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning Everyone !!! Hoping everyone has a great day !! Worked hard this past week to stay OP.. I am very proud of my self for keeping on track.. Not easy with all the temptation around.. Tomorrow is WI so hoping it shows … ~keep smiling ~
Old 04-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody!

Even with my windows closed on this cold morning, I can hear the birds singing!

I tried a new thing yesterday, that spinach smoothie idea, and it is now a favorite! Got the stairwell walls to my basement painted yesterday. Need to do the ceiling but my neck is stiff...think I'll wait a few days. In the meantime, I will charge down to the basement to continue sorting through stuff to get rid of, donate or keep, including boxes of spring/summer clothes. That oughta be fun, to see what I can fit into now. They may not even suit my 59 year old style, but it's still a treat to try on.

Hope you all have a lovely Spring day...
Old 04-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #6  
Restarted IP 3/19/12

S/C/G: HW257 230/202.8/125

Height: 5'2

Good Morning All,

I had a really hard night last night I wanted to cheat so bad I don't know I think it is TOM. I broke down and had a restricted bar when I already had my restricted ridges I called my husband almost in tears and he almost laughed he said I know following the program is very important but listen to what you are saying out loud almost in tears I ate an extra protein bar....he said "you have come so far and I am so proud of you that would have been a half gallon of ice cream and you would not have been in tears over it" After he said that I was able to calm down I am not happy that I had extra but I will eat leaner protein at dinner today and maybe skip a restricted and have a shake or jelly for snack tonight. It is funny how devoted we get on this plan we just love it so much
Old 04-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookiepotpie2 View Post
Good Morning All,

I had a really hard night last night I wanted to cheat so bad I don't know I think it is TOM. I broke down and had a restricted bar when I already had my restricted ridges I called my husband almost in tears and he almost laughed he said I know following the program is very important but listen to what you are saying out loud almost in tears I ate an extra protein bar....he said "you have come so far and I am so proud of you that would have been a half gallon of ice cream and you would not have been in tears over it" After he said that I was able to calm down I am not happy that I had extra but I will eat leaner protein at dinner today and maybe skip a restricted and have a shake or jelly for snack tonight. It is funny how devoted we get on this plan we just love it so much
He's right. What's done is done. If you can figure out what your motivations were and do something to circumvent the reaction, then do it, but, don't beat yourself up for it now. You'll do great!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #8  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post
Good morning everyone!! WI#9 today, down another 4.2 for a total of 27!! Still feeling great on this diet and 100% OP!!

Congrats to all of the WI's yesterday!! Looks like we have a lot of newbies too so to you all!!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilone1357 View Post
Good Morning Everyone !!! Hoping everyone has a great day !! Worked hard this past week to stay OP.. I am very proud of my self for keeping on track.. Not easy with all the temptation around.. Tomorrow is WI so hoping it shows … ~keep smiling ~
Great job staying OP! Hoping for a great WI for you tomorrow!

Quote:
Good Morning All,

((hugs)) your DH is right - cheating with an extra restricted is so much better than cheating with something not IP.
Just make sure that today you get all your packets in today. (so if you do skip your restricted get another packet in - which is what I think you said, but wanted to make sure). You'll do just fine!!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Good Morning All,

I'm smiling as I read this - it is really wonderful that you felt so conscientious that you felt guilty after having a second restricted. I would too - but the smiling comes in because you have clearly hit growth milestones and for that, I tip my hat off to you and say "Congratulations!!" It's that mindset that will keep you slim once you get to phase 4 and the long term lifestyle.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #10  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone

Mmmm. Chocolate soy balls, you are SO good to me They make it just a little bit easier to keep holding on to this diet lol.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #11  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning everybody!!

Off to my WI.. wish me luck, I am hoping to hit 30 pounds down today.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #12  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning everybody!!

Off to my WI.. wish me luck, I am hoping to hit 30 pounds down today.
good luck!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #13  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Morning everyone!
Well I fell off the wagon last night........ I was hungry before I went to bed and about 2 am I ate 7 cookies. It makes me so mad! Trying really hard, just a mind game with the 2 lb gain last week. It won't matter, it won't matter, well it DOES! Let myself down. Working hard to keep up with the demands of life and I matter! Dusting myself off and getting back in the saddle!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

Good Morn"ting IP'ers.... I had the mushroom soup last nite.... not bad at all ... I really enjoyed it. I threw in mushrooms and asparagus (1 cup) and munched on lil raw spinach and egg whites (1cup). for my snack I had a few choc soy balls. still have a half pack left. Just woke up drinking my H2O but not terribly hungry. lots of cold water in the morning really suppresses my appetite. Gonna munch on a half a protein bar. and take my dog for a nice walk... I wish every one a wonderful Wed... and OP of course. this is day 3 for me, and I got this !
Old 04-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

[QUOTE=Cadu;4288704]Good Morning everybody!!

Off to my WI.. wish me luck, I am hoping to hit 30 pounds down today.[/QUOTE

Fingers crossed that weigh in goes well!
Closed Thread