Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 07:35 AM   #1  

Talking Finally!!

Finally, people at work noticed my weight loss-only had to lose almost fifty pounds for anyone to say anything! Six people complimented me yesterday! It felt really good.

The question that cracks me up, though is "how did you do it?" like there is some great secret..I said "eating less and exercising." My manager, who said she wants to lose weight looked disappointed in my boring answer!

Sorry to brag, but it's the first time anyone there said anything.

Sherry
Old 08-12-2003, 08:51 AM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Sherry.. it's excellent to brag!

It's great to feel good about yourself... but I know what we all really want is what you experienced yesterday! Bravo for you!!!! You must of felt on top of the world.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:57 AM   #3  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Wow! How could it have taken so long for them to notice, when you've worked so hard!!

But then, it's hard to see incremental changes when we are too close to a person (ourselves included), so I suppose it makes a certain sort of sense. That's why regular measuring, weighing, photo-taking, or too-loose-pants gauging is necessary to tell me I'm on the right track.

Congrats on their noticing. It really lifts me up when someone says something! I always note it in my journal, so I can look back on my "triumphs" when I'm have a "defeatist" day.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:04 AM   #4  

Congratulations! What a great feeling that is and you have every right to feed good about your accomplishment. I don't think you were 'bragging' at all.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:14 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Default Re: Finally!!

Quote:
Originally posted by suzie76
The question that cracks me up, though is "how did you do it?" like there is some great secret..I said "eating less and exercising." My manager, who said she wants to lose weight looked disappointed in my boring answer!
No kidding,

Congrats on people finally noticing!!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

yay suzie!!! sometimes we just need that validation, i'm sorry it took everyone around you so long to notice!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:59 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Yahhhh suzie!!

Congrats!!
Old 08-12-2003, 01:21 PM   #8  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

The question I think is silly is "you must feel so much better." No really I feel like crap I hate being skinny.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:33 PM   #9  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Congratulations Sherry!

You're not bragging, you are sharing your excitment with us. Way to go ~ keep up the good work!

Gayle
Old 08-12-2003, 01:46 PM   #10  
on my way down!

Congrats!! It must be a wonderful feeling Enjoy it!!
Old 08-12-2003, 04:30 PM   #11  

Congratulations!

I think that people are uncomfortable pointing out that you are loosing weight...because that seems to point out that you had weight to loose! Like I hadn't realized that I am overweight!

I often get asked if I have changed my hair! NO - I lost 75 pounds I want to tell them!

Quote:
The question that cracks me up, though is "how did you do it?" like there is some great secret
If you do have some magic secret for loosing weight...you shouldn't just tell people for free....you could make a million dollars with that information!

Kris
Old 08-12-2003, 07:07 PM   #12  

Sherri,

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you. I noticed that people didn't notice on me until I had lost about 50 pounds too.

I know exactly what you mean, people are so disappointed when they ask me how I've done it and I tell them that I'm eating a whole lot less and working out every day. They say, "Oh, you're doing that," and they're disappointed that there is no big secret.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:34 PM   #13  
Healthy and Positive!

Wooooohoooo! Aren't compliments the best?? And Sherry, brag away girl! You have lost 50 pounds!!!

I'm a teacher and have just gone back to school this week having not seen most of these people since May. I've been getting all kinds of compliments too. I guess my body shrunk quite a bit during that blasted plateau even though I haven't lost many pounds since May!

How true that they ask how are you doing it! I think people are looking for that magic pill answer because when I say healthy diet, water, and 3 to 4 miles of walking six days a week, their faces sort of fall..like they are thinking "Darn!! I can't do that!"

The next question I get asked (being *gasp* 28 and not married) is....."Got you a boyfriend/hot man yet?" like now that I'm 55 pounds lighter I am finally worthy of one. GRRRR!!!

But Sherry!! Brag away girl! LOL, I think people are sick of me bragging, but I can't help it! I honestly don't think I've ever been this fit and it feels great!

Hugs,
Crystal
Old 08-12-2003, 10:29 PM   #14  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally posted by Athenaphoenix
The next question I get asked (being *gasp* 28 and not married) is....."Got you a boyfriend/hot man yet?" like now that I'm 55 pounds lighter I am finally worthy of one. GRRRR!!!
That's a whole other show, Ricki!
Closed Thread