Old 04-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default April Antics and Adventures in the Land of the Worldlie Chicks

Welcome to a new month - spring for those up here, autumn for the chick down under. At least we both get pretty colors and nicer weather

Here's last month's thread in case you want to go back and catch up -

March Madness with the Worldlie Chicks
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

Ok, now to get to a proper post - always an adventure trying to toggle 2 threads and catch up.

Today was supposed to be warm and sunny which I was eagerly anticpating but it's another day of coolness, gloom and spitting wet stuff. I miss the sun already. As far as the internet goes, the tech came out to the house, tested a few things and said it comes down to the service provider's network which I guess is sort of good news meaning it's not some repair here. Said they have an overload of customers on the wire (no big surprise when you only have 1 choice for a service provider). They are slowly moving customers to a second branch which should result in some improvement. Of course no time frame given, just that it's ongoing. And frustrating. I click on a page or open a browser and it just sits and sits. Particularly when you have slow sites like this one can be sometimes. I guess it's nature's way of getting me off the computer

We were going to take an ATV ride today but I guess that's out. I bought some new bedding yesterday so have a mountain of laundry to do - I'm wondering if I should just take it down to the laundromat and use the big washers and dryers. I washed one of the comforters yesterday and even though it was a twin size, it took up my entire extra large capacity washer and I have lots of room in there since I don't have an agitator taking up space in the tub. I also don't like to do more than 3 loads of wash per day and I have at least 4 loads of bedding to do. Just wondering if being Sunday the laundromat would be a little busier.

We drove down to the shopping town yesterday to pick up some things. On the road we pass a bare high tree that seems to be a favorite perch for a bald eagle. Yesterday DH had his camera and sure enough, there was the eagle. Here's a picture of it Looks close but the tree was actually about 30 feet tall - it's a bit blurry as it is a busy road and I was driving slowly as DH was hanging out the passenger side snapping quickly hoping to get a decent shot.

Last edited by happy2bme; 04-01-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #3  
Choose your hard

Now to try and get a few personals in...

Ceejay - I hope your niece will be ok. Did you get the leaking meter resolved?

Mel - did your bird die? When did this happen? I honestly don't remember reading about it. I'm so sorry. So glad that you got more than you anticipated in a refund. And you are doing something practical like filling the freezers instead of what most people would do - oooh new 5 inch high heeled shoes and a cute top to match Did you call ahead to TJ and tell them to stock the shelves because Mel is coming with a pile of cash

Shad - sorry about the back acting up. I think we naturally tend to stoop and slump as we get older. That is probably part of the problem. Michelle would say we are not strengthening our core and she'd be exactly right. Can't blame you for getting miffed with the DS at this point. Shed is certainly overdue on getting done. At this pace he'd fit in perfectly with the hired contractors down south I hope you can get him incented to finish this already.

Annie - hope you had a good night out with your bro's band and that the extra company was more pleasure than hassle. I saw a rescue of a poor abandoned puppy on the internet today. God bless those people who do animal rescues. If I won the lottery one day (anyone want a bunch of worthless mega millions lottery tickets? ) I promise I would give a chunk to animal rescue organizations. If we ever go around to formalizing our will I'd do the same with whatever was left over from our estate if we didn't spend it all. I absolutely detest the smell of vinegar although it's one of the best "green" cleaners. I also heard talk of the benefits of drinking cider vinegar although I don't think I could ever do it myself. Hope it helps you. Just not too much - it is acidic. I like the moss roses too - they didn't like it down south - too hot for them I think. They are one of those things that if they are happy, they are abundant but don't grow very well if not. But they are very colorful.

Looks like the sun is trying to peek out of the clouds. I hope it gets nicer. DH is calling me, better go see what he wants outside.

Sorry I didn't get to all of you. Have a good Sunday chicks. Happy April to all. No tricks today - I HATE April Fool's Day.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #4  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Here!

Just answering roll call. Now I'm going tennis shoe shopping. Hello ladies!
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #5  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I TOTALLY FORGOT WHEN I POSTED THIS MORNING THAT IT WAS NOT ONLY APRIL FIRST BUT PALM SUNDAY.
A NEIGHBOR JUST CAME HOME FROM CHURCH WITH 2 PALM FRONDS FOR JEN & I.
THEN I CAME HERE AND FOUND THE NEW THREAD. HAPPY PALM SUNDAY CHICKS!!!

I HAVE HAD NO APRIL FOOLS JOKES PLAYED ON ME YET TODAY!

HAPPY....THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STARTING THE NEW THREAD.
THE BALD EAGLE SITS IN ALL HIS GLORY!!
GREAT SHOT DH!! THANKS FOR POSTING IT.
WE HAVE SOME KIND OF FALCONS OR EAGLES THAT FLY ALONG THE CLIFF AND OVER OUR BUILDING.
ONE OF THE DRIVERS KEEPS TELLING THE SENIORS THEY'RE WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO DIE! HE IS SO MEAN
HOPE THYE SUN SHINES ON BOTH OF US SOON.
RAINY AND ACHY WEATHER AND I HATE IT!! HAVE A SUPER DAY.
PS: YES THE BIRD, my "grandson", DIED ....LAST MARCH I THINK IT WAS? OR WAS IT THE YEAR BEFORE?? GOD MY MEMORY IS GOING!! RIGHT AROUND MY BIRTHDAY.
I MISS HIM SOMETHING AWFUL BUT NOT THE MESS OR THE SINUS.
PPS: I HAD TO GO BACK AND CHECK...IT WAS APRIL 20,2010!! ALMOST 2 YRS AGO. WOW! WE'LL HAVE TO HAVE SOME KIND OF DRINKING FEST IN HIS HONOR

CEEJAY.....SENDING A GOOD THOUGHT & PRAYER OUT TO YOUR NIECE.
I HOPE SHE WILL BE ALRIGHT. I HAVE KNOWN MANY WOMEN WHO HAVE DONE THAT WITH EACH PREGNANCY. KEEP US POSTED

MARY....GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE ALIVE AND "KICKING".
WE'LL ADD YOU TO THE APRIL ROSTER HOPE ALL IS WELL IN WV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-01-2012 at 01:11 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

No need to fret over the water meter. The leak is on the city side and not registering on my side. Also yesterday when I was outside I saw a peony bud. The first one I've had since bringing the plant back from mom's after her death in 1998. Go figure.
I really should be working on the reports but I'm not in the mood. Guess I'll make myself.

Mary
Thanks for checking in. You are missed when you don't post.

Mel
I saw your bird nest and had to go check on the one on the clarifier. Two small white eggs. The mother dove flew off when I went out side.
I'd forgotten about it being Palm Sunday. Think I'l bring my camera tomorrow and see if I can sneak in a picture of the bird eggs.

Happy
Thanks for starting the new thread. The picture of the eagle was good. I've never seen one in real life.

back to the reports.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #7  

Happy Sunday/Monday all.

Happy - Thanks for starting the new thread and posting that pic of the eagle. What a sight, right in your "neighborhood". Any hurry with the bedding? I say just do it little by little if it's not. I forget when your mum is coming to visit.

Mel - I would not have thought it was nearly two years since your "grandson" passed!! Where does the time go??? Glad you're putting your tax refund to good use.

Ceejay - I hope your niece and her pregnancy are okay!! I'm glad the neighbor got the dog on a leash - people need to be responsible for their pets!! Did the leaking meter get repaired yet?? Hate to see you with a big bill arising out of that.

Annie - How was your bro's band and the company? My band and my company were great, and bf & I even did a decent job cleaning house. And bf finally hung the three framed pictures in the front sewing/guest bedroom. Sad time doing things that remind you of HB. Time will help.

Shad - Hope your back is steadily improving. Will the gardening make it better or worse??!! Maybe the enjoyment of being outside doing what you like at least distracts from the pain.

Mary - Find any good sneakers? I've been saving my ridiculously expensive pair for cardio exercise only, but I'm currently not taking classes, so starting to wear them for walking. Need to find a less expensive alternative. Just seeing them makes me resentful of the cost.

Hellos to Patty & Michelle!!
---
Nice dinner w/ bf and my friend last night. BF went home and D & I went to see the band. As usual, entertaining and funny, and what a nice venue! We got home before midnight!

Been looking online for flights to visit mom. !@#$% Oops. Really expensive, and the alternative airport is really only 40 miles away, but my mom is not a skilled or comfortable driver so I don't think her picking me up is the best solution. Need to work on that. She's a frugal person, so maybe knowing the $$ (or is it $$$) savings can help her grit her teeth and hit the road. Shuttles/taxi are also stupidly expensive. Would be nice if this were an April Fool's joke...

Well, gonna get showered, dressed and have lunch. I'll check to see if I can extend my borrowing time on the two library dvds I haven't watched yet, but I'm not optimistic on that.

TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 04-01-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Happy - thanks for starting the new thread. I completely forgot yesterday and just carried on with the old.
Nice pic of the eagle. Love to see some of them floating on thermals and spotting their prey. We have a glorious wedgetail eagle here and I have tried to get photos of them but they don't co-operate. They use passing cars to project them up in flight. It's happened to me a couple of times and I see this big beautiful body with chocolate brown feathers, tipped with gold go floating over the roof of the car and across the bonnet of the car. Then it soars up into the sky. Magnificent creatures.

Turtle - buy me a pair of runners too will you. I badly need a new pair but have so much trouble finding them to fit my wide flat feet that I run the old ones into the ground rather than get new ones. Happy shopping.

Mel - good onya for getting a reasonable refund from the IRS. Pack of vultures that they are. Might have to get Jen and Richie to sit on the freezer to be able to close the lid or doors. Happy shopping to you too.

Laura - one way to get cheap flights is to book them from overseas. Hope you can manage to find something for your break. Do they have fly/ drive deals over there?

Ceejay - that's a long while for a plant to sulk and refuse to put out flowers. I would not have thought that Peonies would grow down there. I get grumpy because they won't grow here.

Back at work and trying to solve a few problems around the traps. The big T has gone back to Moolarben to train some new users. Hopefully I am home for a good long period at the moment. Time to get on DS2's wick anyway.

Weather is settling down into the normal Autumn pattern - clear skies, warm days, cooling nights. Miss Puss is shedding her summer coat and leaving great clumps of white and ginger on the mats and beds - grrrrrrr. Doesn't make my cleaning life any easier.

Better go and see if I can sort some doco out. I've managed to break that stupid Sharepoint program this morning and now I have managed to upset the equally ridiculous uPerform program. Oh goody. They might send me home if I can wreck three in a row --- Ya think.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #9  

Just a quick check-in. Busy day today, church, cleaning, laundry, grocery store. I've made up my mind, no more excuses on not working out. I've got my game plan and I am ready.

I will post more later...
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

For those of you who wonder what I do with my life, the following more or less describes the training department to which I belong.

In fact it is so indicative of what goes on that it might have been written about us.

Memo to all employees:
In order to assure the highest levels of quality work and Productivity from employees, it will be our policy to keep all employees well trained through our program of SPECIAL HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING (S.H.I.T).
We are trying to give our employees more S.H.I.T than anyone else. If you feel that you do not receive your share of S.H.I.T on the course, please see your supervisor. You will be immediately placed at the top of the S.H.I.T list and our supervisors are especially skilled at seeing you get all the S.H.I.T you can handle.
Employees who don’t take their S.H.I.T will be placed in DEPARTMENTAL EMPLOYEE EVALUATION PROGRAMS (D.E.E.P.S.H.I.T).
Those who fail to take D.E.E.P.S.H.I.T seriously will have to go to EMPLOYEE ATTITUDE TRAINING (E.A.T.S.H.I.T). Since our supervisors took S.H.I.T before they were promoted, they don’t have to do S.H.I.T anymore, and are all full of S.H.I.T already.
If you are full of S.H.I.T you may be interested in a job teaching others. We can add your name to our BASIC UNDERSTANDING LIST of LEADERS (B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T).
For employees who are intending to pursue a career in management and consulting, we will refer you to
the department of MANAGERIAL OPERATIONAL RESEARCH EDUCATION (M.O.R.E.S.H.I.T). This course emphasizes how to manage M.O.R.E.S.H.I.T
If you have further questions, please direct them to our HEAD OF TEACHING, SPECIAL HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING (H.O.T.S.H.I.T).
Thank you,
BOSS IN GENERAL,
SPECIAL HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING (B.I.G.S.H.I.T)
P.S. Now send this S.H.I.T to 5 people who need S.H.I.T in their life, just not the same person who sent you this S.H.I.T. They have already had their fill of S.H.I.T.
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
The Director Under the Main Bureau of Super High Intensity Training.
(The D.U.M.B.S.H.I.T).
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #11  
Happy September

GOOD MONDAY MORNING!
I HAD A VERY QUIET WEEKEND AND ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.
NO REPORTS ARE NEEDED TODAY
JUST DROPPED OFF A NOTE SAYING THAT.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

CEEJAY.....I AM GLAD THE LEAK IT WAS ON THE CITY SIDE. NOT YOUR DIME THEN!!
2 EGGS!!! HOW CUTE. HOPE THEY HATCH WHEN IT GETS A BIT WARMER.
AND HOW NICE THAT YOU FOUND A PEONY BUD.
JUST IN TIME FOR SPRING & EASTER!! HOPE YOU FIND MORE NOW.

LAURA.......I LOVE TO READ ABOUT YOUR WEEKENDS.
WHETHER THEY ARE HOME OR OUT, THEY APPEAL TO ME
GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME AT DINNER & THE BAND.
FOR WHAT IT COSTS FOR PLANES & GASOLINE.....EVERYONE I KNOW IS COMPLAINING ABOUT VISITING RELATIVES THIS YEAR.
BUT THESE PRICES ARE OUTRAGEOUS AT TIMES. GOOD LUCK FINDING A SOLUTION!

SHAD.....S.H.I.T.!!!!! OMG THIS IS TOO FUNNY BUT SO TRUE.
I AM GLAD YOU HAVE SOME DOWN TIME COMING TO YOU.
HOPE THE WEEK GOES WELL AND YOU DIDN'T BREAK THE 3RD PROGRAM!!!
I AM CRACKING UP OVER HERE LAUGHING.
IS THE DS2 STILL ALIVE?? LOL HOPE YOU WEREN'T TOO VIOLENT!
REMIND ME TO TELL YOU OF MY FOOD SHOPPING TRIPS
(even half blind & in a wheelchair...there are some things better done alone)

PATTY.......GLAD YOU HAVE A GAME PLAN. I WAS THINKING THAT'S WHAT I NEED.
WITHOUT DIRECTION....I JUST FLOUNDER AROUND.
HOPE YOUR WEEK IS A LESS STRESSFUL ONE.

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-02-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #12  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day, the sky is blue, the birds are singing, the lilacs are blooming, and I am not in the family way...ba haha...

What a great weekend it turned out to be. Got the house all cleaned, friends arrived on time...went to see the band...danced my arse off...played pool-well I tried to play pool. We all got up on Sunday and went to brekky. Company went home from there, we went a visited with dad for about an hour then came home and started building the shed. Got is all done except the roof which we plan on finishing tonight. That was a tough day, small cuts on my hands and forearms. Nothing serious. I had a pork loin in the crockpot from about 1 to 6pm. Only thing I seasoned it with was A&W rootbeer. OMGoodness...drained it, pulled it, then added some bbq fixings, talk about some tender BBQ pork. So stinkin good. Packed Curtis's lunch and mine, cleaned the kitchen up and was in bed by 9. Slept like a log.

HAPPY...thanks for starting the new thread. Love the picture of the eagle...reminds me of living out in the sticks...we had a couple of eagles that soared over the neighboring woods.

Hidee ho's to Patty and Java! Hope your world is rockin' today!

Better get my bunz busy. It is Monday and crazy...have a lovely day ladies of the worldlie type.

Much love and many hugs.

MELLIE...YEAH!! Go Verizon...I have been with verizon cell since 1992...no probs or nuttin. Then we could talk for free....We cold burn up the lines. lol

SHADDIE...love the description of the job. I think we must work with the same company somehow. lol. Glad to hear the back is doing better and you are moving freely about.

CEEG...glad to hear the water problem is someone else's. Thank God for many favors!

LAURA....you are always so busy and on the go...Glad you had a good time with your friend...did you dance your arse off like I did? lol Airfare is getting rediculously high. Even the purchase 180 days out, flying by night with no radar in a rain storm is too high for me. lol

CHELLE...don't forget to come up for air and breathe. Hope you did work the entire weekend and took at least 30 minutes for some Chelle time. How is DH feeling?
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #13  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

MELLIE...YOU LITTLE SNEAKER INNER SISTER! Hope you day is as beautiful as you! Love youse
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #14  
Happy September

ANNIE.....I AM SO GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE NOT IN THE FAMILY WAY!! ROFLMYARSEOFF!!
CRACKED ME UP!! YOUR WEEKEND SOUNDED DIVINE. THE PORK ROAST TOO!
I REALLY SHOULD GET A CROCKPOT. LOL MY OLD ONE IS 3 1/2 QTS.
THE KIDS TELL ME IT'S TOO SMALL.
MAYBE OVER THE SUMMER. WOULD BE A LOT COOLER COOKING!
HOPE THE BOO BOOS FEEL BETTER WHEN THE SHED GETS FINISHED.
YOU'LL LOVE THE ADDED SPACE FOR ALL THE NEW MAN TOYS!!
HAVE A SUPER DUPER DAY.....LOVE YOUSE TOO

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-02-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #15  

Morning all. Today will be busy and of course I'm running late. No time for nuttin' except a quick "howdy". Everyone have a great day/evening.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote