If you don't have quinoa, substitute brown rice or whole-wheat couscous, but be sure to adjust the cook time as needed.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
What you need:
1½ cups low-sodium vegetable stock or water
1 cup quinoa, thoroughly rinsed and drained
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup frozen chopped, mixed vegetables such as peas, carrots, green beans, corn
Equipment and supplies:
Medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid
What to do:
1. Add vegetable stock or water to medium saucepan.
2. Bring vegetable stock or water to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. Stir in quinoa, salt, and pepper.
4. Switch heat to low and cover pot with lid.
5. Cook until water is evaporated and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
6. Remove lid and stir in veggies with a fork.
7. Place lid back on quinoa so that the heat from the quinoa cooks the vegetables.
8. Serve immediately or place into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
1 serving = 1 cup (178g),
Calories 190, Calories from Fat 25, Total Fat 2.5g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 320mg, Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 1 g, Protein 7 g, Vitamin A 40%, Calcium 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Iron 25%
Start Making Better Decisions Today!
Never let a crisis be your excuse to hurt yourself.
Get Serious Now! Now Is The Time.