Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 308/307/198

Height: 5'2"

Default Scale hasn't moved in 3 days. I'm really starting to worry...

I've been weighing myself daily and the scale has not moved in 3 days. Not even 100 grams. Absolutely nothing. I'm really starting to freak out about this. On a diet of 1200 calories a day, something should be happening, right?

I just want to cry. It feels like no matter what I do my body is going to force me to stay fat.

EDIT: I know that to most of you this must sound bloody STUPID but keep in mind I'm a baby when it comes to losing weight! Lol. I don't know what to expect and every little bump in the road (or in this case, anthill) is enough to make me question everything! But thank you for your wisdom guys, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it...

Last edited by Amy23; 04-04-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Amy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

Hang in there. We can wait for the whoosh together. I have been waiting for the after TOM dip down myself. Maybe tomorrow?! It's hard to be patient, isn't it?
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Breathe. DAILY weighing is fine as long as you understand that daily weight is NOT going to reflect daily effort. Your weight fluctuates due to many many things from day to day. If you can not accept that daily weight will not reflect daily effort then daily weighing isnt a good choice.

3 days is not a freak out worthy time frame. 3 WEEKS is maybe when to start looking at if you need to make a change.

Last edited by ennay; 04-04-2012 at 06:58 PM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

It is very, very common for the scale to not move for several days or even a week or two, or to even go up a bit. Our weight is not going to come off in a consistent, linear pattern, but keep with your plan and it will come off. Just give it a little bit of time.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Too soon to be freaking out. Keep om doing what you are doing, the scale will move, but we can't tell when it will decide to drop. Perseverance is an important trait in wait loss.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposssa View Post
Hang in there. We can wait for the whoosh together. I have been waiting for the after TOM dip down myself. Maybe tomorrow?! It's hard to be patient, isn't it?
It really is. My TOM (I have PCOS) was really, really odd. I literally just stopped spotting after almost three weeks. Could that have something to do with it? I don't know anything about TOM effect on weight gain/loss/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Breathe. DAILY weighing is fine as long as you understand that daily weight is NOT going to reflect daily effort. Your weight fluctuates due to many many things from day to day. If you can not accept that daily weight will not reflect daily effort then daily weighing isnt a good choice.

3 days is not a freak out worthy time frame. 3 WEEKS is maybe when to start looking at if you need to make a change.
OK. I feel a little better now. I was feeling pretty good about the daily weighing thing, after losing 0.8-0.7lbs a day, but then this happened out of the blue and so I started to get scared that this was it: no more weight loss. I've been drinking a lot of water lately and have drastically reduced the amount of salt I consume in order to avoid this, but can you still gain water weight for other reasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildThings View Post
It is very, very common for the scale to not move for several days or even a week or two, or to even go up a bit. Our weight is not going to come off in a consistent, linear pattern, but keep with your plan and it will come off. Just give it a little bit of time.
This is usually the moment I just quit because I feel so defeated. But I won't do that this time. I'm just going to wait and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Too soon to be freaking out. Keep om doing what you are doing, the scale will move, but we can't tell when it will decide to drop. Perseverance is an important trait in wait loss.
I'm really going to try to persevere through the disappointing days this time. Now is when I usually decide to quit but I'm not going to. I won't freak out for another couple of weeks and then I'll see what happens. Thanks.

Last edited by Amy23; 04-04-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #7  

You need to get off the scale and get a reality check. No one loses weight every day - or even every week. You obviously can't handle daily weigh ins with normal fluctuations so only weigh once a week.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #8  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I think it's best if you step away from the scale for a few days.

Like ennay said, it's only smart to weigh every day if you understand how your body works.

It'll start moving, give it a minute. I always maintain for most of the month, and lose all my weight for the month in a 3-4 day woosh.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
You need to get off the scale and get a reality check. No one loses weight every day - or even every week. You obviously can't handle daily weigh ins with normal fluctuations so only weigh once a week.
I don't think I need a "reality check." I'm asking for help because I don't know what is normal or what to expect.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

It is pretty normal for me to hang on to extra fluid weight during TOM. I can see it and feel it in my breast and belly. I even wear a larger sized bra and underwear during TOM. I have a size selection available due to other weight loss endeavors.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #11  
too big to fail

If you take in less calories than you burn you will lose weight. This will not happen quickly, nor will it happen linearly. You probably should think about weighing once weekly or once monthly if this sort of thing bugs you. Don't despair, just keep doing what you are doing and you will lose weight. Your body isn't magically going to keep you fat. What's going to keep your weight on is giving up and continuing with unhealthy habits.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
I think it's best if you step away from the scale for a few days.

Like ennay said, it's only smart to weigh every day if you understand how your body works.

It'll start moving, give it a minute. I always maintain for most of the month, and lose all my weight for the month in a 3-4 day woosh.
I didn't even know that could happen! I'm just going to accept that this is normal and that three days doesn't make a plateau. It's just that this is very new for me. I haven't gone a day yet, in a whole month, without losing at least something. I don't think I was prepared for this at all. But I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing and have faith that I'll lose something.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
If you take in less calories than you burn you will lose weight. This will not happen quickly, nor will it happen linearly. You probably should think about weighing once weekly or once monthly if this sort of thing bugs you. Don't despair, just keep doing what you are doing and you will lose weight. Your body isn't magically going to keep you fat. What's going to keep your weight on is giving up and continuing with unhealthy habits.
Agreed. This is all still new for me but you guys help so much. I didn't really know what to expect when I started this, or even what was normal, but I'm definitely not going to quit like I've done in the past. And I really hope that my body isn't going to magically keep me fat! I have secret fears about that...
Old 04-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 229/ticker/130

I am one of the lucky ones that the scale doesn't like to move. I weigh every day. I usually will weigh within a 2pound range for a week to 2 weeks and then all of a sudden I am down between 2 and 4lbs. Right now I have been hovering between 214 and 215 for a week. I HATE it..but it is what it is. I have to say though...as much as I hate that I hated more getting on the scaled during a weekly weigh in and seeing it up 6lbs due to TOM. So, I now weigh daily. Good luck and don't worry too much...it will go!
erh12275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #15  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy23 View Post
Agreed. This is all still new for me but you guys help so much. I didn't really know what to expect when I started this, or even what was normal, but I'm definitely not going to quit like I've done in the past. And I really hope that my body isn't going to magically keep me fat! I have secret fears about that...
It won't . I thought that too....

Hang in there!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote