General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #1  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Default RAVE! Bed Bath & Beyond!!

Several years ago I bought a Cuisinart blender/food processor from Bed Bath & Beyond. I didn't use it much; its small, didn't have a lot of power, and I was afraid I would blow the engine. I used the processor part less than 5 times total. Last week I tried to make a smoothie with it and stripped the gears so after Hubby inspected it we threw it out and I determined to get a good blender in my price range. We went a few places but ended up back at BBB even though I thought they would be out of my price range. A salesperson asked if we needed help, so I explained the stripped gear. She told us that if we bought it at BBB they would give us store credit for the broken machine. Nice Hubby dug it out of the trash, we cleaned it up and returned it the next day. No box, receipt, proof of purchase etc. The credited us $80. {which I think is more than I paid but I probably used a coupon then also} The cheapest food processor they had was $99 so I bought that one. The 20% off coupon make it $89. They didn't have on in the store so they shipped one to my house, for free, from NV, even though I'm sure another store here in Memphis had one. We went to the front to pay the $9 balance and they said we didn't own them anything!! My processor arrived today! Hubby and I were very impressed with the service and lengths the store and employees went on our behalf.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Isn't it wonderful when a store stands behind its merchandise, and even more wonderful when they're nice about it, too?

Hooray for you and your new food processor!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #3  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy View Post
Isn't it wonderful when a store stands behind its merchandise, and even more wonderful when they're nice about it, too?

Hooray for you and your new food processor!
YEY! But isn't it unfortunate that it doesn't happen more often? LOL.

And YEY!!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

yay indeed! I'm glad you posted that, so many times you hear horror stories about companies, so I'm glad to hear happy ending ones! See, the money they spent made a customer for life who is going to spread good will around for them -- other companies should listen up !!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/T/140

Height: 5'3"

That is great. I really like BBB.

I have had success in emailing companies when I have problems. A cabinet company sent replacement shelf holders, furniture company sent replacements for drawer guides over 15 years after purchasing the dresser, and calaphelon sent a replacement fry pan when I emailed them a picture of one that the outside finish was coming off. It really helps to "just check".

But I think that BBB really went above and beyond on this one.
BuddysBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote