Old 04-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #1  

Default Simply Filling/Core Weekly Chat: April 2 - April 8

new pages
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #2  

up .6. That is what I lost last week, so it's a wash.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I shall be very busy this week, one would hope to busy to eat badly. Must get ready for Easter and for my procedure next Monday. Baking, cooking, shopping....

Hope you all have a wonderful on program week. I ordered the Dash Diet and Cookbook from my library. I figure by the time I get them, I'll be ready to try something new. I hope I care by then anyway!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Pam, I've had MONTHS like that Thanks for the new pages.

Vickie, I think you might like the Dash approach. It's not so different, but there are some good ideas in it, plus recipes.

I'm finding it difficult to get motivated to cook. I think I just need to pick up a cookbook and work my way through it. I made a green smoothie last night, after weeks of not doing that. I really do like them, and it's just so easy to get your veggies that way. I don't make a juice because I want the fiber...I just make a thick drink in the food processor. I almost have to eat it with a spoon.

It's an overcast, somewhat cooler day here today. The birds are quiet, and I may do more gardening. I have only one appointment today, with the trainer at 1PM, and I might meet my niece later tonight for what we hope will be yoga class.

I hope you all have a great day...BBL
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #5  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Got a little busy this morning making a check list and buying travel size items to fit into my suitcase for the trip to NY.So that the reason I was here earlier.

Had two friends with me to see the movie Mirror Mirror,sorry for the mistake I typed in yesterdays post. We didn't like it at all,like the first version better.

We went back to the Eli Lounge and It happened again where one of my friends lost her credit card.At that time I was 1/2 way out of the restaurant when my friends called me back to the table when my friend asked the waiter if he forgot to give it back to her. The poor guy looked all around and couldn't find it. I told her to check her inside pocket and walla there it was. She was so embarrassed,saying I guess your going to hide the next time we come back here. He smiles and than laughed,the first waited saw us and laughed with him.Oh gee I guess we made a name for ourselves at that Restaurant.

PAM-Thanks for the new pages,sorry for the .6 gain,but if its a wash you maintained and that not bad. This time around I noticed that I maintained for 2 weeks before I have a 1 lb loss.

VICKIE-Glad to see you posting even with your busy schedule. I glad those days are over for me. I still counting calories & carbs. Good Luck on the Dash diet hope it works for you. Have a great Easter,I'll be in NY by Saturday.

RHONDA-I used to love to cook but I'm getting lazy now that it just me. I go for the basic ,instead of gourmet like I used to do.

Have to go,have a great afternoon & evening I see you in the morning.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #6  

I am awful slump that I can't pull out of. Today was the funeral a year ago.
I feel like I need meds for depression but I was doing so well last month, maybe this is temporary. When I am this down its hard to remember that life didn't seem so terribly depressing a month ago. Right now I just feel like I hate my new life.
My kids are all grown, Robin's gone and I am lonely. My friends seem busy with their families. This is just the blues talking , I wasn't feeling this low before this week. I thought I would sail through this death anniversary week , but its been worse than I expected. I just really don't like my life right now.
Sorry be be such a "debbie downer" poor Debbie whoever she was...so bad they coined a saying after her ..

Last edited by nancy237; 04-02-2012 at 10:59 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I am so sorry. I wish there were something I could do for you.

Rhonda, your green smoothie sounds interesting. I hear we're in for thunderboomers tomorrow. I"m going to WW regardless. (That's the plan anyway.)

Maryann, good thing she found the card.

Vickie, you sound like you're feeling better. Good success to you with the Dash Diet.

I judged speaking events today at a literary meet. One of the things that means is I was in a judges' hospitality room several times with loads of goodies. I was so glad they had a lot of varieties of fresh fruit.

WI is tomorrow. I'm hoping for a loss.

Last edited by ontarget; 04-02-2012 at 07:43 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #8  

Nancy, hold onto the thought that this low period is temporary. Anniversary dates are difficult, and it's only been a year.

You don't have to like your life right now. You've had big losses, with the children gone in addition to Robin's death. You will come to like life again, but just not this week.

It's tough to be our ages and lonely. Very tough. The only thing worse than being lonely when you don't have your loved one is being lonely IN the relationship. Many people are extraordinarily lonely, even though "attached." You obviously were lucky enough not to have that kind of pain, and have great memories.

Be gentle with yourself. Do whatever you need to do.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #9  

I decided the best thing to do about not wanting to cook was to cook. I made salmon with a Veracruz sauce--strange to cook a northern fish in a southern style, but it was good. I made rice for DH, and we each had an okra-corn medley too. It was very good, and healthy.

Sandra, there were ominous clouds to the west and north of us, but they skirted our area, on the way to Oklahoma I believe. Good luck tomorrow at WW.

I had a good time at the gym today. Let me tell you one thing I did. The trainer connected me to a bungee cord at the waist...the cord was wrapped around a pole in the gym. Then, I walked out for yards until the band was really stretched out. Then, I fell forward onto my hands in push up style, and when my hands touched the ground I exploded back up into a squat position. At first, I was scared to fall forward, but the band caught me and it was a lot of fun. Playtime!

Last edited by Tejas; 04-02-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #10  

morning chicks.

Vickie, good to see you in here. Busy, busy, busy. I have appt with my cardio dr. tomorrow.

Rhonda, salmon sounds good. We don't eat enough fish. Was is yoga or pilates?

Maryann, when do you leave for your daughters house? Sorry you were disappointed with your movie choice.

Sandra, hope your WI went well.

Nancy, I think it's natural for you to be down. The first year is the hardest.

They started laying our hardwood floor yesterday. They did half the room and will return today. We were inspecting it after they left and it's a crappy job. We are calling the store today to have them come look it over, before they lay anymore. I think the one guy was training the other. Regardless, it's going to have to be taken up and fixed. Lots of pieces are wasted. Not sure if they'll be able to salvage it or not. They have installed our flooring in 2 different houses and always satisfied, but not this time.

Have a good day.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #11  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Have a double date with my washing machine and dryer. Can't believe all the clothes have to wash.I must of for got to do the laundry last week. Tomorrow I will pack but first I have to find out what the weather & temps are in NY. Don't want to bring unnecessary clothing when I don't need them.

Tomorrow I going down to the cemetery to put some Easter flowers down at Leo's grave. Than on Holy Thursday I going out with Rita for lunch,going to 99 instead of ELi's I told her want happened to us and she just went Tsk Tsk You remind me of the Three Stooges.

NANCY I'm so sorry to hear about you're going in a depression over your Robin's First Year Anniversary.Wish I was there to be with you,but the the second best I can pray for you and remember the Lord is always with you,lean on him and his Blessed Mother. That where I turn to when I feel alone. I agree with RHONDA you have to give it some time.

-
SANDRA-We're not heading back to that restaurant until those waiters forget our little shenanigans. Some how I remembered she but it in her inter pocket. Yes I glad she found it as she was really worried,but in the parking lot we did give a howl at what happened to us for the second time.

RHONDA-Oh you bungee expert,that didn't sound like fun to me,I would have fallen.Good for you attempting such a thing. Can you imagine jumping over a bridge like the real experts do???????

PAM-I leave on Saturday at 7AM and will be at my DD house 4PM a little less than 9 hrs. But it worth doing so to be with the family as I haven't seem them since Christmas.Oh well!!! some of the movies that are done over aren't really the best. I looking forward to the 3 Stooges that's coming to our Theater some time late April Early May.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #12  

Tornado warnings in effect, but nothing on the ground here. But, a big thunderstorm right now. If you have your TV on you'll see reports from the Dallas area. I've taken refuge in chocolate!

The bungee experience was with the trainer, not yoga or pilates. I really liked it and will do it again. I would NEVER jump off a bridge or cliff. NEVER!!!

Last edited by Tejas; 04-03-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #13  

forgot to comment on the bungee. Sounds like fun. Hope Rhonda and Sandra are safe. Watching news about the tornadoes in Dallas/FW.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

We're safe. The tornadoes were within a few miles but we didn't have any damage. We didn't even get much rain. I was in town during most of it getting a pedi/mani. What we women do!

I went to WI this morning and was down 1.8 lbs. That makes 7.8 total. I am pumped!

Rhonda, your bungee experience sounds like fun. I'm glad you got to do it. Curtis had a different bungee episode yesterday while I was at school. He had 2 small bungee cords pop loose from a target stand he was working on. One popped him a good one just under his left eye. He has a swollen shiner that makes him look like he lost a big fight.

Pam, I am sorry about the flooring. Hope you get it fixed without too much difficulty.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda and Sandra, I'm worried about both of you. I saw tornadoes near Denton and Dallas. The look horrible. Can you both please check in?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote