South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 06:06 AM   #1  
Mous

Red face Face the Music Monday DAILY 8/11

What song are you singing today?

Today is a new start to a new week.
For some of us it is Metal Monstrer Day.
For some it is the first day of SBD.
For some of us it will be Honesty Day.

What song are you singing?

Hi Ho Hi Ho it's Off to Work I go?
Oh Happy Day?
The Monster Mash?
Honesty?
First Of Fifth?

Whichever it is for you greet the day with an open mind, a happy heart and arm yourself with knowledge. Don't forget to ask questions, seek answers and make a plan.
Journal what you eat and how you feel.

My song for today is Oh, Happy Day AND Monster Mash.
I stepped on him and he told me I have lost 2 pounds.

As soon as the dawn light breaks I shall see if my song is The Ants Go Marching giggle giggle! We sprayed and they hit the outside with Diazinon.

I have to add the song Honesty to my list. I wanted to eat an entire BIG bar of chocolate all afternoon. You know the one that is at least 7" long and 4" wide! Well, it kept calling me and it got louder and Louder and LOUDER! I kept looking at the clock saying wait 10 more minutes....I struggled with it for HOURS! I still wanted it when I went to sleep and I said I WILL have it in the morning. And now it is morning, I plead the First of Fifth! I am still thinking about it, but I know I won't go eat it.

Have a great day filled with many Songs.
Lady Marcie
Old 08-11-2003, 06:33 AM   #2  

Angry

Day one has arrived and I have everything ready to go.

Wish me luck

Will check back later singing the Monster Mash.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:23 AM   #3  

Marcie: Congrats on losing 2 lbs. I bet you feel wonderful today. Our lives shouldn't be dictated by a number on a machine, but my moods so often are. I know I'm elated all day when the numbers are down.

Good luck today, ZuzeQ. You'll do great. Don't forget to eat when you're hungry!

Okay, I'm still thinking of my song. In the meantime, have y'all tried the new Diet Pepsi Vanilla? It is better, in my opinion, than Diet Vanilla Coke. More vanilla flavor or something. Yum, yum.

I think my song of the day is the Christina Aguilera "Stronger" song. This diet makes me a little bit stronger, makes me work a little bit harder, it makes me that much wiser. I'm not sure if it makes me a fighter, but I'm going with this as my theme song of the day.

I'm off to school. Three more days till the kids come. Aggggghhhhh!

Erika
Old 08-11-2003, 07:53 AM   #4  
Imagine...

Morning All!!!

Today I am singing rain, rain go away. it has been rainy & humid here for as long as I can remember. Had a so-so weekend, some good choices and some bad...Today is a new day! So nice to see all the new names.

Have a song in your heart day!
Old 08-11-2003, 08:45 AM   #5  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Angry Monday, Monday!

Morning all! I think today I will be singing "Ready to Run" - not that I feel that way at this moment, but I can hope! The weekend was okay - not great, but okay. I took yesterday off from working out, but did get in a bike ride around the neighborhood. I go back to work tonight so I should do something fun today!

Marcie-good luck with the ants! Diazinon has always worked for us. More good luck with the chocolate monster! I had a similar problem with a huge brownie my DS got at the mall...I finally caved, had a couple bites and then was fine. Better than I usually do, so I'm not too upset.

ZuzeQ-good luck...check in often and let us know how you are doing!

Erika- I like your song choice! The power of positive thinking, right! Enjoy the relative peace and quiet until school starts! I am near Dayton (small world, huh?) and school doesn't start until the end of the month.

sflake- I guess "so so" is better than "oh no!", right! Gotta take our victories however we can get them! Have a great day!

Here's hoping we can all make strides towards our goals, whether they are weightloss, fitness, general healty, emotional health...whatever they may be!
Old 08-11-2003, 08:53 AM   #6  

hi everyone! Hope we all have a good day at the beach

Lady Windsong....keep fighting with that candy bar!!

ZuzeQ...welcome to the beach and our happy little group

Erika....don't we wish we had Christina Aguilera's body???

sflake....I made horrible choices all weekend....what's it going to take for me?
Old 08-11-2003, 09:03 AM   #7  
In Control: E+R=O

Happy Monday, Beach Beauties!

Lady, congratulations on the 2 lb loss!! That's fabulous!! And Good For You! for resisting that evil chocolate bar! Hold on to that strength girl, and reward yourself (with something non-chocolate ) for being so strong!

Good Luck ZuzeQ!! You CAN do this, once you get started you'll be amazed at how easy it is, and pretty soon you'll feel so good and your cravings will be gone. Be sure to stop in here regularly for support and inspiration, and to update us on your progess.

bradydave, what a great attitude you have! Have a good day at school! You start a lot earlier there than the kids do here, they don't start until the end of August here.

sflake, you're exactly right, today is a new day, and we need to look forward and not back! I hope your rain stops soon!

franny, I definitely think you should do something fun today...get out there and enjoy the day, and then tell us all about it!

Whimsey, hang in there girl, we know you can do it!! Just don't give up.

Let's see, my song for the day is Anticipation .....anticipating another good week at the beach, eating well, getting in some exercise, and feeling better about myself.

Have a nice day everyone!!

Last edited by twodogmom; 08-11-2003 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:46 AM   #8  

Good Morning Beachsters!!! Well today should be my first day of Phase 2, but after being on plan for 13 whole days, last night on day 14, I ate a little brown rice. I hope it won't effect me negatively...Oh well, I am going to stick with Phase 1 today and tommorrow and then we will see. I guess the brown rice is better than eating chocolate. Or maybe that is just my great ability to rationalize. My gym has been closed for two weeks and re-opens today..so the song I am singing is "Let's get physical". Have a great day, all!!!!!
Old 08-11-2003, 10:18 AM   #9  

Angry

I'm singing Monday, Monday and Monster Mash
and the Monster said I was down 6lbs for the first week on SBD!
Thanks so much for the encouragement!

Quote of the day: A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. - Patricia Neal

GEM/Summer
Old 08-11-2003, 10:25 AM   #10  

congratulations to everyone of you losers!!!
Old 08-11-2003, 10:41 AM   #11  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Well, I saw the heading for today's thread and just grinned!! Face the music is EXACTLY what I am doing this morning. Had a ROUGH weekend with the food, and will get back on track TODAY.

Marcie-CONGRATULATIONS on the 2 pound loss!! THAT must be great incentive to stay away from the chocolate!!!

ZuzeQ-WELCOME to the beach!! I know you have already been posting, but today you are taking the plunge.....GOOD FOR YOU!!

BradyDave-My kids aren't going back until the 25th!! Hope you have a peaceful few days before the onslaught!!!

sflake-same here. lots of overcast yuck. Yesterday was okay, but today is back to grey.

Franny-Great attitude!! I find that it is actually only the first few bites that taste like "heaven" but I tend to keep on going!! Good for your for having a taste and then quiting.

Whimsey-I had a bad weekend too. So let's pick each other up and get back on track!!! You were doing GREAT last week and you can this week too. Don't you find that when you slip the slip isn't as bad as it used to be?

2dog-HI!! You have plenty to celebrate with your sister getting stronger every day and a new family member!!!

JackieO-HEY!! A little brown rice is NOT that big a deal in the scheme of things. Think about what your cheats MIGHT have been, and you'll feel GREAT!!

GE-WOW!! GREAT first week!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Well, I am trying REALLY hard to keep a smile on my face. We have someone coming today to work on our airconditioner. The dryer has been out for a few weeks and now it appears that the refrigerator is on the fritz. I keep trying to tell myself that now that DH has a full-time position we will be able to DEAL with it (once the checks start!!), but I am feeling kinda cursed this morning.
HOWEVER, I can be cursed and fat or cursed and fit, so I WILL NOT EAT OUT OF SELF PITY!!!!!
Old 08-11-2003, 12:19 PM   #12  

For me the song is Manic Monday, wish it were Sunday, thats my funday. I hit the floor running, and didn't get to the store like I wanted, I hope I remembered to take the trash out this morning. had an egg and one piece of sausage, I know, I know, it isn't sbd, but better than the bread and all the rest. Now I am sipping water and wondering if I shouldn't go get a snack!!!!
Old 08-11-2003, 01:00 PM   #13  

Well, since it is my first day, perhaps I should go with "Start Me Up" by the Stones (though I don't know if, in my current state, I am able to make a grown man cry or a dead man come, but we'll see).
Old 08-11-2003, 02:49 PM   #14  
God, Give me strength !!

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'7

Right now I am seriously citing the Verse... * I think I can, I think I can* brought to you by The Little Engine That could.

I have some really bad PMS, and I have a awful sweet tooth, and my FIRST day on the diet, and i ate a peach and a handfull of grapes, to curb my sweet tooth

Lady~*~* way to go on the weight loss!!! That is great!!!
Old 08-11-2003, 03:34 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My song this morning is "Rain, rain go away!"

I had a great visit with LindaBC and am now at my DD's place in beautiful Nanaimo, British Columbia. I got caught in a sprinkle this morning when I went for my harbourfront walk but it still was a great walk. I think I lived by the sea in a previous incarnation because I love it!

Eating is realtively on plan. I'll spare you a list of my deviations but they were nummy! My DD has good stuff for lunch and the same for dinner (except perogies!) so I am pretty much OK.

Yes, I am having fun and a relaxing holiday.

I'll check in later in the week.
Closed Thread