Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 03:26 AM   #1  

Default taking a dip

Hi everyone!

I would love to join your group. This is my first step. I've been losing and gaining for about 22 years. My most recent success was 20lbs last year, but alas, I gained it back this year. Due to a female condition-dysplasia, I'm getting biopsied every 3 months. I'm on hormones to correct the condition. It's causing water retention in my bod and brain. I feel like my life is suspended in mid air until I get a clean bill of health. On the bright side, I feel regulated and can do any form of exercise unlike before. Due to the hormones or my state of mind, I'm having a hard time this round. Help!!! Please shine some light on this sorry old soul.

Need inspiration,

Carla
Old 08-11-2003, 07:38 AM   #2  

Hi Carla!
Welcome! First of all, let me congratulate you on jumping in! I have some health problems too. It can be hard enough to lose weight without meds and hormones working against us - it's so frustrating!

You're in the right place! This is a very supportive group of friends - post often and ask lots of questions. That's how I've gotten the most out of the forum.

You can do this!
Old 08-11-2003, 08:33 AM   #3  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Carla! Working on a healthy lifestyle when you have chronic other health problems can be a terrible frustration. But post here often, and we'll try to help you get through the frustration and on to other things. We're glad you're here.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:40 PM   #4  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome to our neck of the net. Journaling has helped me cope w/health problems. Glad to have you here.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:15 AM   #5  
on my way down!

Welcome!!
Old 08-12-2003, 09:30 AM   #6  

Thank you for the welcome. First day didn't go smoothly, we were celebrating birthdays at work. Did eat a healthy turkey sandwich though.

I've logged my day's intake, good suggestion. There's no reason I have to start over after eating junk food. Drink lots of water and get back on track.

Day2
Carla
Old 08-12-2003, 11:01 AM   #7  

Welcome and sorry to hear about your health problems.
Closed Thread