View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
Dernhelm

S/C/G: 188/184/140

Height: 5'5"

I was really inspired by Skinny ***** as well; it really kick-started my move towards less animal products.

Two books I read recently that I got something out of were Patrick Holford's "The Optimum Nutrition for the Mind" (which I found helpful for things like mood swings and even mental clarity) and Kimberly Snyder's "The Beauty Detox Solution" which highly promotes whole, nutritious foods and living. They both presented some interesting ideas which you might find useful.

I also just finished Eat to Live as well, which again, had some interesting ideas that I'm trying at the moment. Snyder's book is very similar - both promoting plant-heavy diets with whole grains, no dairy and very little/no animal protein. Snyder's book also spends some time talking about digestion and how essential proper digestion is for overall health and weight control which I found helpful.

Anyway, that's my contribution but I'd love to check out other ones mentioned on this thread too. I have such a hard time reading anything that talks about the atrocities that happen to animals in factory farming, though it's important to know these things.

Best of luck
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote