Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 03-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default How has lifting changed your life?

I've been lifting weights since last September (2011), following the NROL4W program and gotten into much better shape because of it. Lifting has literally changed my life, seriously. I always just took my body for granted and never paid much attention to my overall health. It was mind-blowing to me that my body could actually DO things, if given the chance. How about you?
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #2  
threenorns

lol - definitely a lot more confidence and saved on the budget (i can do stuff with the car that the average woman pays a guy to do).

but probably the most permanent change are the scars on my hands - after i first got into bodybuilding, i didn't understand how my strength had increased. several times, i was washing dishes and snapped the handle off the coffee cup or shattered a glass i was washing (i just casually rammed my hand inside and began washing like i always had but this time, the glass shattered and i carved up the outside edge of my hand).
Old 03-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

but probably the most permanent change are the scars on my hands - after i first got into bodybuilding, i didn't understand how my strength had increased. several times, i was washing dishes and snapped the handle off the coffee cup or shattered a glass i was washing (i just casually rammed my hand inside and began washing like i always had but this time, the glass shattered and i carved up the outside edge of my hand).[/QUOTE]

Haha. That's hilarious! I did the same thing, but not because of my strength, just a weak glass! I thought I was the only person that had ever done that! Had to get sutures for that one.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #4  
threenorns

yeah - stitches are a great way to mess up your form!
Old 03-31-2012, 12:42 AM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Looking awesome is a nice bonus, but for me just the act of feeling stronger has shot my confidence through the roof.

I'm made some great strides professionally because all this confidence I have. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that this leads to a higher-paying position in the fall.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:34 PM   #6  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

So cool! I am just beginning to get back into lift weights after a long time being off due to a knee injury and I remember the confidence I felt when lift that has some how gone now that I am not, LOL. I love hearing your stories!
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote