General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #1  

Default I buy like 4 doz eggs a week

I just wanted to say that somewhere LOL
I'm not a bodybuilder, haven't even weight trained (YET, but i will)
Today I even splurged on some araucana eggs.
Tried just egg whites, but they make me hungrier and I hate the carton egg whites! and sad cause I paid a lot for the eggs and the farmer works so hard for the chickens lol.
I'll report back about my health this week, cause I'm getting a physical
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:49 PM   #2  
threenorns

if you're not being treated for high cholesterol, eat away. eggs is good.

and i speak as someone who HATES eggs. i hate the taste, i hate the texture - imo, a fried egg is one step away from a raw oyster when it comes to the "gag me" scale.

but every day, i eats eggs.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #3  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I have at least one egg a day. If not in the morning then I take a hard boiled one as a snack, sometimes two or more if it's a weight training day.

My favorite way to eat them is poached with some veggies. mmmmmm!

I am so psyched for easter because this means the fridge will have a giant bowl of hard boiled eggs in it!!

Last edited by sontaikle; 03-31-2012 at 02:00 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #4  

hahaha I can tell the farmers want to ask me "why so many?!" when everyone else buys like 1 carton, i feel so silly buying that many but at around 210 cals(3 eggs) they hit the spot more than 210 cals of chicken or beef (I do eat both of those too!)

My mother and father have high cholesterol, my mother managed to get it down. But they hardly eat eggs and still had those issues (they did cut down on whatever eggs they ate). For my mother-its likely stress-she's fainted from stress and panics if we ran out of nailpolish remover, but she's so strict with her diet that its normal now (i do feel kind of bad for her about it cause she allows herself like 1 yolk "for the flavor" when she sometimes makes eggs).
My father eats foods stirfried heavily in tons of cheap peanut oil and rock sugar-he loves Chinese restaurant food. He puts it on my plate and I don't even want it because I figured out-it wasn't MSG I was allergic to, all that crappy oil just made me sick as a kid.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #5  
No description available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post

I am so psyched for easter because this means the fridge will have a giant bowl of hard boiled eggs in it!!
Haha! Me, too!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

I eat two eggs every morning for breakfast. Starting my day with protein is a must, they are easy to make and I like them so I have no plans of changing up my routine any time soon.

And I agree with the white egg thing. For a long time I got eggs from a lady my mom worked with who raised her own chickens. They were free-roaming (as in loose on a farm, not free-range-packed-into-an-overcrowded-egg-factory), ate left-over raw veggies and what ever they picked up roaming around. They were the best eggs. The women no longer works with my mom so I can't get eggs from her anymore but after one carton of the white store brand eggs, won't buy those again. The yolks were almost white they were so pale. They had no flavor at all. One of my local grocery stores carries a local producer who has free-range, humanely raised chickens so I fork over the extra money to buy those.

*Edited to note that I re-read your post and my soapbox stand on commercial, white eggs did not go along with what you were talking about. I saw you buy from a farmer's market and something about egg whites and my mind instantly went to commercial eggs. Sorry to get off subject

Last edited by WildThings; 03-31-2012 at 03:17 PM.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #7  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I love eggs, too! I'm lucky, the local convenience store chain gets their eggs locally - so much better than grocery store eggs! And I am totally a brown egg girl. It's probably mostly sentimental - my grandmother always had brown eggs at her house.

I'll bite - what are araucana eggs?
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #8  
threenorns

the araucana chicken is pretty cool - lays eggs in a rainbow of shades, mostly blue, green, and pink.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:07 PM   #9  
say what?

I love eggs, but I hate the yolk. Which conviently holds the cholestrol and fat and most calories anyway. So I just give the yolks to the dogs and eat myself silly on the eggwhites. YUM!
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:14 PM   #10  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

eggs seem like such a power house of nutrients i wish i could stomach it to eat one ,

i hate eggs i hate the way they look i hate the way they smell .... and im bothered if people around me are eating them ..... even when baking goods involving eggs the goopyness makes me gag !!
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #11  
threenorns

not just cholesterol, fat, etc - the yolk is a nutritional powerhouse you're missing out on. i hate eggs from start to finish but i still eat them because they're healthy, cheap, and fit nicely into my caloric budget.

about giving them to your dog: be careful. my dog's on a straight raw food diet and he can't handle more than a cpl raw eggs a week before he gets the runs. took me a while to figure that one out, i can tell ya!

chunky munkey - try them with salsa. chop up scrambled or boiled egg, dose liberally with (virtually) calorie-free salsa, add a shot of hot sauce if you like. the texture is so similar, you should be able to tolerate them quite nicely.

Last edited by threenorns; 03-31-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #12  
say what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by threenorns View Post
n
about giving them to your dog: be careful. my dog's on a straight raw food diet and he can't handle more than a cpl raw eggs a week before he gets the runs. took me a while to figure that one out, i can tell ya!
Our dogs eat only their raw meat and veggies. They are crazy. They love veggies and fruit but get it in moderation like a treat. They get a yolk maybe twice a week, they don't get the runs so I think they are good on it.

I eat pretty healthy so I don't mind missing out on the yolk. I just really don't like the texture. The grainy dust like yuckyness. Also don't like them raw/runny. So yeh, I'll eat some extra fish any day!
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:00 PM   #13  
threenorns

yep! my dog too! haven't bought dog food in... like...

i dunno, must be a cpl years now, anyway. he just eats meat, bones, some fruit (particularly blueberries and blackberries -every year it's a mad race betw him, me, and the bears to see who gets to the patch first) and veg, and of course all the grass he can mow. sometimes feels like i'm walking a goat.

i just go easy on the yolks - i don't know why he gets the runs; apparently it's not a one-to-one correlation; only some dogs are affected, not all. might be related to his vaccine allergy, maybe? i know there's egg protein in vaccines so who knows.

Last edited by threenorns; 03-31-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #14  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i can't wait to dye easter eggs

no kids, but it means i can have a bunch of hard boiled eggs in the fridge and we'll know which ones are which!

check this out, dyed with kool aid - no vinegar!

http://learning2coupon.com/2012/03/u...e-easter-eggs/

a picture from that link:

so bright and uniform. i'm doing this

Last edited by konfyoozed; 03-31-2012 at 07:14 PM.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #15  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

threenorns ty i will try that on some pita squares and see if i can stomach it .... they are very easy on the calories and the idea of salsa is a great one ... it should cover the egg smell ...

knfyoozed .... those are beautiful ... makes me want to dye eggs .... how nice would that look when you opened the fridge !
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote