Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Should I skip the idea of a bikini?

So today I tried on a good fitting bikini. It's not the style I would buy (I would not buy a red suit and I would want the bottoms to be more high rise versus mid-rise), but this is the best I can try locally without ordering.

I cannot believe I'm showing myself so atrociously, but what else can I do to get opinions? Now, the shadows on my stomach make it look way worse than it is, but it is lumpy and it is full of stretch marks. It's about the worst photo in the world in all ways - but crappy iphone (3G) and bad lighting don't help.

The size was 34F (34G US size) and size medium bottoms (8-10). My current measurements are 40-31-41.

I think I still look so huge. I don't have rolls, but there's loose skin and more fat, obviously. Oh, and I'm 42 and the stretch marks are from babies - not gaining weight (on the tummy).

Would I be better off getting something like this? http://www.barenecessities.com/panac...SW0530&search=

or this: http://www.barenecessities.com/freya...AS3182&search=

Or a tankini or bikini in this:

http://www.freyalingerie.com/swimwea...olour=paradise
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175+/113/120

Height: 5'6"

You know I have loose skin too and I weigh around 113 right now at 5'6". I have the stretch marks from kids too. If you feel comfortable then wear it. You show what most women look like. We look like this--not fashion models airbrushed!
sisypheanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #3  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

If you want a bikini don't give up until you find one. Just have to figure out what will work with your shape. Even when I was heavier I never liked one-piece suits because they inadvertently seem to draw attention to the fact that your uncomfortable.

Because your still losing fat, and you do have a little lose skin, I think you should focus more on finding either a higher waisted bottom (one that pretty much comes to your belly button) or find a form fitting tankini top Choosing the right colors and patterns will make all the difference too. But ultimately, if your comfortable then wear it =D because I can guarantee your being harder on yourself then anyone else would, and if your confident you'll be able to rock it =D

Last edited by baker23; 03-30-2012 at 10:31 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #4  
threenorns

i'll be blunt: your stomach isn't airbrushed.

i'll be even blunter: it's not you - that suit is blech!

of your choices, i LOVE LOVE LOVE the first one!

from experience, the second one is okay if you're a catalogue model.

you're right about needing a higher rise for the leg - the way that suit is, it wipes out your hips and exaggerates the thighs. if you could get the first swimsuit with the rise of the second, that would be IT.

what about something like this: http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/swim...e+Swimsuit.jsp

it has the tankini effect but in a one-piece that will give the skin on your tum a bit of support. the bright colour and pattern up top will enhance that fabulous bust.

i like this one, too - i *love* sweetheart necklines. http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/swim...e+Swimsuit.jsp
Old 03-30-2012, 11:21 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

I agree with the fact that this suit is not the one. I have seen my dad's ex-wife rock a bikini and she weighs so much more than you (or even me for that matter), but she is a super shopper and knew how to pick a suit. She had gastric bypass, so she had loose skin, but with the right suit, it is minimized and camouflaged. I personally can't feel comfortable in a bikini, but if you want to wear one, this one is not it! I agree with the statement of being too low on the leg. A slightly higher cut would make legs look longer, especially with a little higher waist. This would give a fuller look to your hips, as well. This suit just seems a little too not special. It looks kinda like undies and a bra. I also like the purply blue one piece. Show us what you decide to get. I like to see other people's fashion and clothes pics! Happy shopping.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 308/307/198

Height: 5'2"

I think the first one is wonderful, but really what it boils down to is what you feel comfortable in. Don't wear something you'll be conscious of every second you're wearing it. Be comfortable about what you're wearing so that you can have fun in it!

That said, I think your body looks great. No one's ever going to be perfect but you've obviously worked really hard to get where you are and it shows.
Amy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:04 AM   #7  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Berry, I think you can ABSOLUTELY wear a bikini! Like you and the others have said, those bottoms aren't doing it for you. I would definitely keep searching for something with a higher rise, and maybe a higher cut on the leg. And I love that patterned bikini, although that bottom looks a little too low-rise also.

I just bought myself a new swimsuit - it came with a plain black skirtini bottom. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Figures-...#ht_588wt_1139 It's a bit boobaliscious for my 38DDD's, but I like it.

And I LOVE your monkey phone cover! I have a group of girlfriends and we are the "dirty little monkeys", so I now have a thing for monkey stuff.

Last edited by Riddy; 03-31-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 308/307/198

Height: 5'2"

P.S. I'm loving that tankini top, too. I don't know about you guys but I'd definitely go for that.
Amy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:33 AM   #9  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

http://www.polyvore.com/high_waisted...isted+swimwear

There's one from JCPenny for $25. I'd try something like that one. Don't give up. I have a very hard time finding a good suit. I think you look great, btw....not even anywhere near huge.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:52 AM   #10  

My opinion-you don't look huge at all and I wouldn't notice you (not meant to be an insult, I would only notice people at the extreme spectrum of any weight if I even notice them at all! Too worried about my own muffin top lol)
Wear the bikini and a cute coverup. Go to the beach, if you have a deep feeling that you will not feel comfortable, keep the coverup on. If you want to go for it-take it off. Its all about how you feel, likely no one will notice, as we are all freaking out about how WE look in our bikinis!

Go for black-that way you get the underwire support with it looking so much like a bra. Also, get a lower bikini bottom and a string tie might be nice. You can adjust it so that it will fit your bottom without "spillage" and the lower bikini bottom will elongate your torso and make you look slimmer.

But string tie or no, seriously give a low rise a shot. Its kind of like side cut outs in a dress (that don't cut in), seems like it would be unflattering, but no its very slimming.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I like the plunge tankini with a bikini bottom.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:47 AM   #12  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

i think you probably look much better in person than in the pic .... you have a nice overall shape .... i dont love all red on you though .... if you dont tan nicley you may look like lobster .... and the cut isnt showcasing your body type well you look straight up and down

i feel you would look nice in a printed suit maybe (no flowers - dear god please dont wear flowers if i see one more woman who looks like a boquet on legs i will cry ) ... please do check out the following link

http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/vin...p-couture.html

and a plain red bikini top .... mixing and matching is very IN this year !
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:43 AM   #13  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

I think if you feel fabulous in it you will look fabulous in it, but if it makes you feel self conscious, you won't enjoy wearing it.

Do what makes you feel wonderful and successful and beautiful.
I think it looks pretty darn good on you - but it's how it makes you feel about yourself that is really the issue.
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #14  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

The suit I am trying on is not one I'm considering. It was to see how the top looked and how bad the tummy is. The top fits great, but the bottoms and color are all wrong and I knew that. It made me look square and boxy and didn't cover enough tummy.

I am extremely fair and black is too extreme for me. I look best in blues and greens which is why I linked lighter colors.

The bikini I linked is the right color for my complexion and the bottoms arer a fold over kind. They show it folded over, but I would never wear it that way.

http://www.undiebox.com/freya-swimwe...=2309&w=24&r=Y

I thank all of you for linking other suits, but I am limited to about 3 brands because of my breast size. I'm a US 34g or UK 34F. No regular suit will work. Only brands like Panache, Freya, and Fantasie.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 03-31-2012 at 09:24 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am still voting for the Freya Tankini top # 3315 and the Bikini bottom # 3315, The top is long enough to cover the midsection but the bottom still has the sexy bikini look. I also like how the top has a more graceful flowing look. With your bust size the bra tops can have an industrial , heavy duty look to them.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote