General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 03:48 PM   #1  

Default Six Week Body Makeover-ites?

hello,

Just wondering if anyone's done or doing the Michael Thurmond Six Week Body Makeover program.

Would love to hear comments from those familiar with the program.

Thanks!

Kimberelly
Old 08-08-2003, 08:45 PM   #2  

I ordered it and found out it was a big lie. Total cals for a day was about 970 or so. I did want to tell you that they have a message board though go to google and search "provida" the co. that makes it, you will find it there.

I wish you all the best!
Old 08-09-2003, 12:12 AM   #3  

I order and started the food plan. I actually lost 5 lbs the first week, but I did a modified version. I eventually stopped the diet, because I found it too restrictive - no red meat for my body type, no fats at all, no bread at all, no soy at all (and I'm in menopause). When I did the modified version I used a little margarine, I ate soy bagels and ate red meat 2x/week. This plan really does work, but you have to be very disciplined. You need to eat every 2-3 hours - just small meals. I was never hungry on this plan which was wonderful, but it seemed that as soon as I finished eating and cleaning up, I had to start getting ready to eat again and with a young child, I was finding it difficult to get out.

I found a similar type plan that I just started and I love it. Instead of 6 meals, it's 3 meals, 2 snacks. But she teaches about which foods keep your blood sugar level which has so much to do with hunger and gaining weight. She also teaches which foods speed up your metabolism. It's the fresh start diet from Cathi Graham. I just started it, so I'll let you know. I like that I'm not so restricted and have more variety. So I think I'll do a blend of the Fresh Start diet with all the variety and the theory of the 6 week body makeover. The small meals several times a day is something our society is not use to, but it makes sense. Diabetics have to do this in order to keep their sugar even thoughout the day. Both diets stress keeping sugar even thoughout the day and balancing a protein with each and every carb you eat. (Except the Start Fresh doesn't say that you need to eat a protein with a fruit snack, but it does make sense to do that once you understand the theory of it.)

Good luck.
RoseAnn
Old 08-09-2003, 02:24 PM   #4  
The power is within me...

S/C/G: 290/290/170

Height: 5'6"

Kimberly,
Currently, I am doing the 6wbm program. I for one, like it. Yes, it can be restrictive - no fat, salt, sugar, dairy...but, in my opinion, it's because I didn't restrict these items before, that I have this weight problem now. I started in the middle of June and have dropped 25lbs. (It would have been more but like almost any other program...I took a day off here and there... )

Some people have done the caloric count on this program...it doesn't always come out that way...it depends upon what you eat...I for one, tend to eat more veggies (and extra protein here and there) There are "rapid results" meals which may be part of the count mentioned and a "six day mini-makeover"

This part isn't an ad:
Provida (the ones who own(?) the 6WBM plan) has a website with a message forum...go lurk over there and see what they have to say... it's at www.provida.com. See what they have to say (In the forums) I've noticed here that the posters do not like the program, in fact I've been rather hesitant to post because I was worried about being jumped on for liking the program...but before anyone can make any kind of decision, you should hear from both sides...and after that...it's up to you.

BTW, I was a WW person for years...the problem I had was that WW was too permissive for me...I can have cake and cookies...just count it...well for me, some days when I want a cookie - one isn't enough which leads to one BOX...the 6wbm, the decision is made - NO, I cannot have it - yet. You still need to weigh and measure your foods - there's nothing too radical about the plan...you will need to eat 5 - 6 times per day the amounts are what's recommended on the boxes(!) - for example, a carb serving for me at one meal is 1/2 c of rice...check the pkg, that's what it reads too! You will need to drink 100 oz of water daily (Considering what you drink throughout the day now, it only sounds difficult)

Anyway, good luck in whatever you decide...

Last edited by GamesterGirl; 08-09-2003 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:05 PM   #5  

Thank you, everyone, for sharing. It sounds like a program that works for some and doesn't for others (just like all other weight programs ).

I ordered the program and it does look like there's a lot of meal and mini-meal preparation. It also looks like I can pre-cook a lot of the meals to make it more convenient. So, I start tomorrow (Monday) -- I'll let you know how it goes.

Donna, great job in losing 25 pounds since mid-June! I hope I can be that successful!

Cheers!!!!

Kimberelly
Closed Thread