Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #1  

Smile Has anyone tried Apidexin?

Hi everyone, my name is Anna and I'm new here. I registered to ask if anyone has tried a weight loss pill called Apidexin. I can't post links but a quick Google search will take you to their home page. I read it's been the top weight loss pill for three years straight and after doing a bit of reading I ordered two bottles online. Should reach me in a couple weeks. But after I ordered I found some sites claiming that most Apidexin reviews were likely written by members of staff, and many people complaining of heart palpitations and nausea because of the caffeine and that the regular dosage (two a day) was too strong so they switched to only one. I've experienced similar effects myself to another weight loss pill I tried once. One lady even said it caused her to cough up blood and get a nosebleed but I'm unsure as to whether she was approaching the program in a healthy way, ie maybe she was overdosing or not eating etc. But none of the reviews (real or fake) said anything about it being ineffective.

I've tried plenty of weight loss pills before and I'm looking to lose about 15-20 pounds.This is my first time on one of these forums and I'm not too sure what other information to provide, but hello and nice to meet you! Hopefully you guys and gals can help me out!

Last edited by annararr; 03-29-2012 at 08:13 AM.
annararr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #2  

Never heard of that one, but Adipex is a prescription only drug. Who realyl knows what you actually bought. But I don't bet it's the RX drug. And even Adipex is said to cause heart palpitations, and is a very short term medication.
Ame D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #3  
threenorns

apidexin was named specifically to sound very similar to the prescription-only diet drug. it's just an herbal product.

"Overall, we like this product, but a poor rating with the Better Business Bureau and a lack of human trials prevents Apidexin from being our top pick."

from dietresearch.com

"Apidexin’s eight, fancily named, patent-pending ingredients are actually just common natural herbs. Most of these ingredients are considered safe and effective, though we’re worried about the lack of human trials, as well as the company’s failure to disclose the exact dosages."

"Apidexin doesn’t reveal any connections to nutraceutical companies, which our researchers find suspicious. The mailing address lists Health Science Nutrition, which has no record with the Better Business Bureau. Many of its patent-pending ingredients are manufactured by Integrity, another company with no BBB record. The BBB gives Apidexin.com an F rating."

[although, curiously, based on 3 ingredients that did well in mice trials and a bunch of ppl raving about it even though none have had long-term success, they give it a top ranking??]

Last edited by threenorns; 03-29-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:09 AM   #4  

Thanks. I did some further research and decided to cancel my order!
annararr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I always look at the ingredients of these pills since often they contain the same ingredients. This one had some things I never heard of (except for the caffeine of course) and I looked up "Irvingia Gabonensis" and it says here Some research suggests that Irvingia gabonensis seeds might also affect fat cells, which might reduce fat cell growth and increase the breakdown of fats.

hmmm.. I wonder if it works... I guess if it did it would be more well known. You can buy this in pill form on it's own.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote