View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 02:00 AM   #41
thewickedcityx

S/C/G: 327.2/303.6/159

Height: 5'7"

I personally have not noticed a correlation between intelligence, laziness and weight. Your generalization definitely does not apply to me as I have always done very well in school. I graduated high school with enough college credits to complete almost an entire year of college, got my associates degree in two semester, and am currently working on my bachelors degree. I have worked pretty much since I was 16 and for the last two years or so have worked full time while attending college full time. I also moved out on my own at the age of 19 and have been taking care of my own apartment and all other responsibilities on top of work and school. The job I've had for the last year and a half is pretty physically demanding. I stand, walk around, and lift boxes up to 60-70 pounds for a good portion of my day.. probably about 6 or 7 hours total. I don't really consider myself a lazy person and certainly not unintelligent. My GPA is a 3.5 right now.. yeah it could be better but considering everything I have on my plate right now I'm satisfied! However, judging by the way other people look at me like I'm some sort of anomaly amongst fat people, maybe your generalization does hold true? People definitely act like I'm an exception to the fat = lazy/stupid rule but I just chalk this up to more of a stereotype than actual truth.
thewickedcityx is offline   Reply With Quote