View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #215
MyTime2012

S/C/G: 267.7 / 254 / 180

Height: 5' 7"

Hi! I'm new, I joined Jenny in mid-January and am loving it so far. I've read past posts from people who said they didn't want to go see someone, etc., and trust me, I've been there. I have always said I'd never go to a group or consultant, etc, have done NutriSystem because it was on my own & did ok (but got sick of the food), WWonline did NOT "click for me", and I kept telling myself that I KNOW how to lose weight, I've done it before, I KNOW what to do. But I realized I've been losing and gaining the same 10 lbs (and gaining back more with it each time) for the last 3 years, so whether I KNOW what to do or not, I'm not doing it. I finally "cracked" when we came back from Disney over the holidays and I realized I wasn't in ONE picture with my kids. That's ridiculous. So I committed that 2012 was going to be the year I took care of ME first, so I could then take care of everyone else even better. And the next time we go to Disney, I will be in ALL the pictures!

I found this forum because I googled something a JC consultant told me about, Turnip Fries. She told me she'd bake up a crispy batch of Turnip Fries and munch on them at night - they're a free food & a veggie, so you can eat what you want, they'll satisfy crunchy/salty snacking urges & fill you up because they're a veg. I had honestly never tasted a turnip before in my life, but she swore they're "just like" french fries when you bake them up. So I just made a batch and while, no, they are not "just like" french fries, I must say, they were yummy and satisfying! I'm a fan!

Anyway, side note - that's just the story of how I found this forum. I hope everyone's doing well -- I'm yo-yoing in the 12-15lbs lost range -- I REALLY want to break through to hit 20, then I'll feel like I've moved forward and gotten past where I ever have on my own lately. And for those scared of consultants, I echo what's also been said --- after being the BIGGEST naysayer about it, I can GUARANTEE I would have fallen way off a couple of weeks ago, after I'd lost 12 lbs, felt good, but then had a really busy few days that made it easy to fall off. My knowing I'm going to see my consultant on Tuesday keeps me motivated to keep going, and even when I have a "bad" weigh-in, they keep me positive and encouraged, where I would have just beat myself up (and probably had a snack). If I'm going to get where I want to be, I KNOW I need the support I get from JC. And, it's the only real "me" time I have scheduled every week and I really look forward to it!
MyTime2012 is offline   Reply With Quote