South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 12:18 PM   #1  
In Control: E+R=O

Angry A side effect of eating the SBD way

I noticed something this morning when I was out shopping. After 3 weeks of eating the SBD way, feeling better about my health and myself, and losing 10 pounds, I was holding my head just a little higher, and not trying so hard to blend into the walls or the background. Even though I still have a long way to go with my weight loss (I want to lose about 65 more pounds), my self-confidence and self-esteem have gone up a notch! I've had pretty low self-esteem for as long as I can remember, and it is wonderful to start to feel a little better about myself. I'm pretty certain that I will never see the day when I want to be the center of attention, but I'm starting to feel less like trying to hide and be invisible!
Old 08-09-2003, 01:45 PM   #2  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

THAT IS WONDERFUL!!! I'm not quite there yet, but am feeling a bit better!!!
Old 08-09-2003, 02:16 PM   #3  
Mous

Wink So.....

That was you who I saw walking with her head held so high. I thought so just by the way you towered over the others and knew that you were happy with yourself. GOOD for you.

Lady Marcie
Old 08-09-2003, 02:34 PM   #4  

Good for you!!! Isn't it amazing what our weight does for us -
both ways? I notice that I spend lots more time in the vegetable isle than I ever did!
Old 08-09-2003, 03:34 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Twodog, I know EXACTLY what you mean! I'm starting to feel more like a "normal" person again. Not a blimp plodding down the street. (okay, then I catch sight of myself in a window and think, "YIKES! Fat girl!!" ) But I'm FEELING better, and that is a very good thing. I'm glad you're feeling the same way.
Old 08-09-2003, 03:39 PM   #6  
Captain of MY Destiny!

It is so funny you should post this! Just yesterday I was feeling SOOOOO good....full of energy, full of vitality, full of LIFE! I just KNEW I was looking like a million bucks!

So then I looked in the mirror...and saw that I didn't look much different than I did the day before! But...it didn't bother me one little bit! I just said "huh, that's odd.....wonder what is wrong with this mirror?!

So, I'm taking my beautiful self upstairs to work out...because I deserve to be treated right!

Here's to all us beauties...inside AND out!
Old 08-09-2003, 08:04 PM   #7  

Twodog, I know just what you mean ... I FEEL so much better and my clothes ARE looser after 10 lbs ... it's even my TOM and don't feel like a cow !!!!

My BF can't figure out why now it takes me two hours to go food shopping ...
Old 08-09-2003, 08:22 PM   #8  

That is so wonderful! Keep it up!
Old 08-09-2003, 09:14 PM   #9  

It has only been 6 days for me. My husband and I started together on Monday but we are both excited and enthusiastic. I think a lot of it is journaling on fitday and seeing our daily totals. julie
Closed Thread