View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #10
momof2greatcats
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricAnn View Post
Why have some of you given up Starbucks? I only ask because I work there and it's very easy to order/make a drink with less than 50 calories! Maybe I can help with some ideas so you don't have to give it up completely... Any short drinks (and even some tall), sugar free any flavor, non-fat, lattes or cappuccinos will ring in around that 50 calorie mark... Really the only calories come from the milk and cappuccinos only have around half the amount of milk as a latte. As well, tea lattes (not with chai tea lattes though, unless you ask for the tea bag) with sugar free syrups and non-fat milk will be very minimal in calories. Caffe mistos and americano mistos with non-fat milk, and sugar-free syrups if you want, again, only about 50 calories. I was worried when I started, back, on my weight loss journey that Starbucks was going to be my downfall, but I just opt for one of these options and I'm good to go.
EricAnn - this is the Ideal Protein diet subforum of 3FC - NO CARBS! So even that 50 calories of milk (non-fat!) is all carbs and will kick us out of ketosis, the method behind IP. So, unless you drink your coffee BLACK (NO MILK AT ALL) Starbucks is a no go! On this plan we can only have 1 oz of skim milk / day, and that's more than will be in a typical Starbucks drink, I'd think?
momof2greatcats is offline   Reply With Quote