View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #36
patns

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
For me, planning exactly what I will have helps. I made it through a family reunion for a wedding, and was so obsessed with Phase 1 that I did not cheat, amazingly. I had planned every meal and that made the difference. Remembering that the things you may eat in the spur of the moment, are temporary pleasures. You can wait. It's worth it. The positive feedback on my progress from my family also helped.

Good luck and enjoy the visit!

Hi, your post made me think of a quote from DR Oz that I had posted earlier. I will post it again here. It really made me realize the importance of preplanning. That is why so many of us find phase 1 easy after we get going on it. A routine is established and we don't have to think about it too much. With each of the following steps we need to reestablish a routine.

Dr Oz:

The average person eats up to 50% more food when distracted. Plus it takes about 30 minutes for your body to realize you are full, so if you are hungry when you sit down to eat, and you eat as quickly as most Americans do, you are just going to keep throwing down food before that feeling sets in.
The more decisions we make in a day, the more likely we are to make bad decisions-because deciding wears you down. You start making decisions in the morning, and by the middle of the afternoon,you're running on fumes. And as the day goes on, you start to crave more carbs especially women because women tend to make more of the day-to-day decisions in our lives than men.
So to the extent it is possible, don't make so many decisions. Do what you can to automate your life-and your food-during the day.
The number one reason Americans are heavy:the brain, very smartly, wants nutrition. But the average American is not eating nutrients; he or she is eating empty calories. So you finish that 2000 calories and the brain says; Keep going until you get nutrients.