Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 05:47 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Angry JEWELS WITHIN #3 We would love to have some new People here

THE JEWELS WITHIN

"There are jewels inside of you that if strung together would dazzle the world." Linda Knight

Hello-
Welcome to the Jewels Within. We are just a group of ladies fighting a battle to uncover the jewel within ourselves. We share our thoughts, goals, success, failures and anything else on our minds. We welcome anyone who would like to join us. We had topics of the day, but we didn't seem to follow them. So, we are going back to something we did before we became the Jewels Within. We are going to start an E-Card encouragement system.

Here is how it works: On Sundays post your goal for the week. Any goal that is positive is a good goal to post. It doesn't even have to be directly weightloss related. (ie drinking your water, exercising, staying OP, doing daily devotions, finding daily time for yourself, etc.) Then on the next Sunday, when you post your next goal tell us if you were successful or not. Those who find success with their goals will get e-cards congratulating their success. Now many of you are going to groan because this is rather obvious, but a big part of this is that you have to post an email for us to send the cards to. So when you post your results please post the email as well.

We could really use some newbies around here, so please, come on in, tell us about yourselves and get ready to meet some fun people.

WELCOME!
Old 08-02-2003, 06:05 AM   #2  

Talking For Anyone New or Just Discovering Us!

Let me tell you a bit about me. I'm 33, married with a 4 yr. old daughter. I have been overweight my whole life, but for most of my adult life hovered around the 250# mark. Then I had my daughter. I was 5 lbs. under my pre-pregnancy weight when I had her, but over the next year I put on roughly 100lbs. When I got my scale in April I weighed in at 365lbs. I have lost 26lbs. I am not on any set program, I'm just trying to do this on my own the old fashioned way. I try to keep my calories between 1250-1700 a day and my fat at 20% or lower of that. I use Fitday to journalize all my food and activity. I have so far been more off than on. I'm working on that.

My life is bound to get a bit hectic in August as I will be starting back to college in the last week of the month. I will also be moving to a new place although here in the same town on the first of September. I'm going to need all the support I can get to stay and OP during this hectic time. My long term goal is to drop at 150lbs by my birthday which is May 5. I think that would be a wonderful gift to myself.

Anyway, even though today is not Sunday I'm going to be the first to jump on the wagon and say my goal for this week is going to be to spend a lot less time here on this computer and to get my daily exercise.

To be exact-I'm going to limit my computer time to 3, 30 minute increments during the day and one hour in the evening after dinner. I will also do my WATP videos 6 days of the week and if I do the videos twice a day (meaning once in the morning and once after dinner) I will allow myself and extra 30 minutes of computer time in the evenings.

So please, will someone come join me on this challenge? I really can use all the help I can get.

Old 08-03-2003, 07:02 PM   #3  

Unhappy I guess No One want to Join me

I have been doing good the last two days at staying off the computer besides my scheduled times. It has been very hard, I don't think I truly knew how addicted I was. I feel stronger for doing it though.

I did not do WATP today, but I did walk for 50 minutes outside. I don't often get to do that because of my hubby's schedule. I love to walk outside and see all the birds. I saw three Rocky Mountain Bluebirds today. Always a great bonus. I also got to watch the sun rise up over the mountains. So I think on hubby's days off I will plan to walk outside.

Well, my computer time is almost up, so I'm going to go do dishes and think about what I'm going to make for dinner. Hope someone will join me here, if not I guess it will be like my personal journal.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:00 PM   #4  

Hello Amanda!
Of course I will join you. I have just been taking a little break from the computer also. I have just been really busy also.

My mil lives with us now and that is taking up sometime getting her situated and taking her places.

As far as weight loss I am still losing. I have not lost as much lately but I will take what I can get. I am 140.25 now.

So I guess for any newbies. My name is Beth I am 30 years old. I have two dk's. Chase 4 and Kaycee 2.

I started my weight loss journey in Jan and weighed 200. I have lost almost 60lbs by exercising, cutting back and drinking lots of water. Maintenance however, has always been my weakness.

My goal this week is to not eat after 8:00pm. I have been really bad about this lately. So hopefully I can get myself back under control.

Well hope to hear from everyone soon!

BEth
Old 08-05-2003, 09:44 AM   #5  

I'm joining! Amanda, I love the concept behind this thread! It's just what I needed. I think having a goal for the week will be a good motivator for me. So far I've found the threads and journaling on this site to be a life-saver for me (literally). Some days I think if it weren't for all the wonderful people on 3FC, I wouldn't make it. But I always know, I've got to come back and report my progress to the group.
Count me in!

Here's a bit about me;
My "real" name is Natalie, I've been a member of 3FC for about a year. When I joined initially I was around 200 pounds, and declining. Well, as we all know I got out of the routine and back to my bad habits and managed to gain 31 pounds. I've been battling depression for quite some time so it made it very difficult to manage my eating habits. Now that I've finally found the right meds and doctor, I am finally motivated to take care of myself.

I am exited to get started with our goals!
Old 08-05-2003, 09:59 AM   #6  

Talking Welcome Natalie!!!

It is good to see you here. Of course you already know me from 300+, but I started this thread back when I started at 3fc. It was initially in the buddy up forum, and Beth was one of the first 2 ppl to post to it. Back then it didn't have a name. Anyway, one of the other girls found this beautiful quote and we voted that in and the name in. I often wonder where the other girls went, but of course Beth is still here with me.
I've been doing really good with my computer time. I have limited myself on the time by setting the controls for only 3 hours a day. Different than my initial plan, but it works better for me that way. I have also been doing well with exercise.
Here is the great news-I'm down 5lbs this week!!!! Yeah!
Old 08-05-2003, 10:38 AM   #7  

Hi Girlies!!

Amanda thought I would join ONE MORE THREAD!! but this is it!! cant keep up now as it is but wanted to take a peek in here and see what was happening, you knew my curiosity would get the better of me!!

Hello Natalie, good to see you here too!

and greetings losinginillinois:: Nice to meet you Beth!! I am 43 years old, lived in the South all my life, currently in North Alabama, close to Huntsville and Birmingham, and just a short distance from Tennessee State line. I work as a Switchboard Operator at a local Answering Service for the last 2.5 yrs now. I am a Social Worker by Trade but got burned out on that after having worked at it since high school graduation pretty much, and that was eons ago, 1978 to be exact!!! I live with my partner Jane of 8 years, we had our Holy Union Ceremony last May, no children but I have two lovely neices Nikki 21, and Angie 19, who are the joys in my life!! I love reading, writing, antiquing, (we have a booth at the antique mall here in town), I enjoy crafts and cross stitch, and my new found love (fortunately) is gettin healthy!!! Love exercising!! crazy huh?? I do the Walking Away The Pounds tapes, for over a month now, and I am up to the 1.5 miles, about 25 mins for me, which is marvelous, considering my activity level abt 2 1.5 mos ago was pretty much zilch!! I started out at 356 on June 5th, weigh 336.5 as of 7/24, I weigh in again this Thursday when I visit my dietician, feeling great about my new way of life...this time I am going to do this thing!!!
glad you are here keep posting!! and bring out that Jewel within, right Amanda??

will post again soon, Thanks for the invite, and as always thanks ever so much for your friendship it means the world to me!!
Old 08-05-2003, 04:07 PM   #8  

Count me in as well! I am a newbie too! So here is a little about myself.

I am a 32 year old female who was 313lbs but then went down to 263 and now I am back up to 281 and counting. I am very (VERY) much an emotional eater and I really want to conquer that. I am engaged to a wonderful guy that has gone thru **** and back with me and vice versa. I don`t have any kids and have never really wanted any to be honest. But I do have 2 stepsons that don`t live with us.
I was one of the first ones to discover 3FC years ago....this was before they became famous...lol. I then lost track of life but I am back now.
I have many things that I would like to achieve as my goal. I need to drink more water, not overeat, get some exercize in, and calm down. My first one I think will be the water. I need to drink at least 2.5 litres (I am Canadian eh!) per day. So that will be my goal.
Thanx guys! I am going to need a ton of support for thsi journey and will give as well as take!!
Old 08-05-2003, 05:30 PM   #9  

Talking Welcome!

Welcome Pam and Cass! It is great to see both of you. I'm glad you are joining our challenges.

Cass I never really wanted kids either, but I could not imagine my life without my daughter. I have absolutely no regrets about having her. My whole life centers around her, and that is okay with me. I respect your decison though. My hubby and I want another child, but I feel I need to lose at least another 100lbs. before we even consider it. I would not want to go through what I went through when I had my daughter again. I believe many of the problems I had when I was carrying her were due to my weight. (Although I still weighed less than I do now.)

Enough about me already. We will be here to support you on your journey. I believe that most women who have serious weight issues (I mean more than about 50lbs overweight) all have some emotional issues to deal with. I mean obviously we don't just eat to fuel our bodies, we are trying to fill some void or satisfy some feeling. We just do not have normal relationships with food. So, I'm sure most of us relate to emotional eating. The key is pinpointing what emotions we eat over (if it isn't all of them) and make a plan on how to deal with those situations in a healthy manner.

Well-once again welcome! Very happy to have you join us.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:32 AM   #10  

Wow I turn my back for one day and we are crawling with newbies! Glad to see everyone we were due for some new faces!

Congrads Amanda on the loss! I have been struggling lately. I have certainly not made my goal this week!

I have had a real tough week already. We hired someone to side our house. Gave them money she tore half the siding off and has taken us for the money we gave her. That is the short version. So I have been doing my own detective work and found out this women has ripped off several people recently. So I am in the process of tracking these other people down and encouraging them to file a police report and follow up with the States Attorney. I am going to see the Detective today. So it is keeping me busy and I have been very stressed about where we are going to get the money to fix our house. With winter only a few months away we can't wait to see how this plays out in court. We are getting water damage now everytime it rains. So that is why i have not been posting much to much to handle right now.

I have to go and register my ds for kindergarten today also. I don't know wheter I am happy or sad about it.

Good Luck to all and hope you have a great week.

Beth
Old 08-08-2003, 06:34 PM   #11  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Default Room For One More?

Hi all!

I've been checking around for an active thread to join and you guys look like a fun bunch...mind if I just scootch myself on in?

I'm 30, living in New Jersey, originally from Louisiana. Moved here five years ago when I got married. Actually, we lived in NYC at the time (and when I registered), hence the name. And I'm too lazy to change it, so there. Oh, and no kids but one great dog!

When I started trying to lose weight I was 287 or thereabouts - after having worked to keep my weight down through college and then hovering around 205 for years, I just SHOT up. So, I managed to get into the upper 260s but just never could make any more progress and had a tendency to drift UP. I've been on Atkins for the past five or six weeks and I'm down to 253.5 as of this am - feeling GREAT, tons of benefits. THRILLED to have found something that works for me "fits" my lifestyle. My husband is doing it too but the stinker has lost like 20 pounds and it SHOWS. A LOT. Well, good for him. I'll catch up soon.

It's great to see so many people WATP! I started last week on the one mile tape. Yes, I'm THAT out of shape. This week I planed to move to the two mile tape but it went kaput so I'm struggling along alternating between the one mile tape and 1.5 miles of the three mile. Leslie really picks up the pace in that 3 mile tape!

As for my goals:

- to stay in the induction phase of atkins for a few more weeks
- to WATP five days a week, increasing at least SLIGHTLY every week

I don't set number goals anymore - they depress me. I finally "get it" - I can only do my best and hope my body will follow along and let go of some fat!

Of course it's not Sunday but I'll post my goals again then.

Is this officially the longest introduction ever???
Old 08-09-2003, 09:29 AM   #12  

Just a quick Hi! How is everyone? Nice to meet you Nicole. It does seem like an awful lot of us use WATP. I love it and think its great. I am to the point now though that I need to do something more to get rid of the flab that is there from the weight loss. But I can't seem to find that motivation. It was hard enough to get this far! LOL! I have not made my goal this week. I will have to come up with something next week I know I can do.

Hope all is well. My loss this week was .5 lb. Not great but still a loss.

Beth
SW 200
GW 135
CW 140.25
Old 08-09-2003, 11:09 AM   #13  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Beth, .5 pounds loss is GREAT. Esp as you are so close to your goal weight (go you!!!) - I hear (would not know from experience but hope to SOME day) that it really slows down when you get closer to your ideal weight.

Also, if you're looking for something to tone up after a big loss - have you checked out T.Tapp at www.ttapp.com ? It's a tough but amazing workout. It really does suck off the inches and there's a whole dry skin brushing thing for firming up loose skin. In my experience (and I have friends who have used it too) it really does make a difference. You can check out the forums and testimonials there if you're interested. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case it's of any help at all.

As for me, I've met my goals for this week - I've stuck to my induction plan and done WATP M-F. Next week I'm still planning to stick to induction, but I'm going to increase the WATP. I lost 5.5 pounds, with which I'm thrilled. I know it will slow down, so I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Good luck and much success to everyone!
Old 08-10-2003, 10:03 AM   #14  

Happy Sunday girls. I've been laying around like a slug all weekend. At least I can say that I did my weight training yesterday. And ate healthy. I don't know what's planned for today, I think I'm talking the dog for a long walk to blow off some steam. I may head down to our pool to take a swim. It looks like the sun is finally coming out.
I've heard lot's of people talking about WATP. What is it? It's very popular, is it expensive?

My goals for the week;

Workout 5 times (Sun, Tues, Wed, Thur, & Sat)

Stay within 1500-2000 calories per day

Try not to stress myself out at work (stay cool). Stress only leads me to junk food. I've been blowing it off through my workouts lately and I've almost broken the habit.

You all have a great Sunday!
Natalie
Old 08-10-2003, 10:21 AM   #15  

Hello Jewels!!

Sorry I have been remiss in posting here, I post on two other threads, the 300 plus and The time For Serious Fun....and sometimes I cant keep up with all of those gals...but, I WILL incorporate this one into my day too...we need all the support we can get, glad to see that all of you have posted recently.

I had another 5.1 lb loss as of this past Thursday when I saw my dietician. So that brings the total to 24.6 since June 5th, feeling so much better...Feel like I am freeing myself...stayed so locked into all the isolation and depression for such a long time...(since I was about 12 yrs old!!! I do not intend to do that for the rest of my life), have had some success in the past with a 12 step program, lost almost 80lbs, but of course put it back on and more!! stopped going to meetings, stopped exercising, I was up to walking 5 miles a day and swimming 3 times a wk, then I stopped going to the meetings, started isolating and compulsively overeating again, so here I am again, starting anew, but this time really is different, I vowed that all those other times, but never have felt this comitted. I am choosing to look at it as a matter of life and death, because it is for me, I was killing myself with food. I know some of you can relate. It was insanity!! the of compulsive overeating had me firm in his clutches. Gratefully though not anymore, and talking with all of you, adds so much to my life, I am very blessed to have found all you wonderful chickies!! Thanks Amanda for starting this thread...YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU GIRL!!

Nicole congrats on the 5.5 lb loss that is fabulous, keep it up girl

Beth, as for the motivation, it will come, just baby steps, one healthy decision makes way for the next, then the next...soon you will be on your way. Just take it one day at a time, you will be amazed how you progress!

Cass in Canada...how's it going girl?? Drinking that water??? try it with some crushed ice and lemon, yummmy!!! I drink around 100 oz a day, but started out with 64 and worked my way up, now that I am exercising I need a little more..It is so good for you, but be careful you can get too much, can cause all kinds of problems....the least of which is all the time you'll spend in the loo!!

have a great day ladies....

sw 356/June 5th/July 10 347.0/July 24th 336.5
August 7th 331.4 - total loss 24.6 lbs.
next goal: lose 10 more
next goal: lose 30 more
next goal: lose 50
final goal: 130 I AM GOING TO DO IT, I AM GOING TO UNCOVER THAT JEWEL WITH IN AND SHE WILL SHINE BRILLANTLY, I AM ON MY WAY! YOU GIRLS ARE ON YOUR WAY TOO. LET'S DO THIS THING!!
Closed Thread