Old 03-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #1  

Default Simply Filling/Core Weekly Chat: Mar 26-April 1

new pages
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #2  

Morning. I was busy painting the kitchen yesterday. Finally, it's done. Now I need to find some new decorations. I have a vision.

Down .6. Not a full pound, but close. I need to be more diligent on the treadmill, but I've had a busy week. I know, no excuses.

I have no idea where we are going to put all our furniture when they lay the new floor.

Rhonda, congrats on dropping those extra pounds.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Morning..

I got the pool cleaned yesterday, and today I plan to spray weeds & run errands. Every year I declare war on those weeds and they usually win.

I bought my camera finally. Its a Canon Rebel T3i. I am waiting til Wed to open it up. That is the day of Robin's death last year and I thought it would give me a good distraction that day, plus he always wanted me to get a good camera.

My cousin & I are going to a Bed & Breakfast in Beaufort , NC on Wed.
I am looking forward to getting some beach photos.

I have decided to do a strict protein again until I drop a few more lbs. I have stalled at 146-147. Maybe if I can drop a few, maintain, and then drop a few more I can get where I want to be . I can do the no-carbs for a few days before I burn out ..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Thanks for the new pages, Pam. And, .6 of a pound is almost all of it

Nancy, that's a good idea about your camera. Just yesterday I got a stark reminder of my husband's death. Before he died, he lost the ability to walk and had to use a wheelchair. A friend at church has serious back problems and was in a wheelchair for the first time yesterday. He was in such pain, he had to leave. So, I pushed him to his car and he started to tell me how to fold the chair. I said, "I know how. I learned from the best." I thought he would have been very proud of me for remembering what and how to do.

We've been to the CPA to file taxes, and I've got to find a document. Of course! I can never get it all in one stack--hopeless!

Today, I go to the gym and then to a debate tonight for the mayor's race.

I hope you're all having a good Monday.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #5  

Rhonda..that is the way I feel when I know all the ins & outs of our hospital.
What all the ICU monitors mean,when & how they wean the ventilator, where to find the free coffee, how to connect to the internet, where to nab pillows & blankets, free parker vounchers..It shows that I lived there 3 months last year.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #6  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I was having problems with my cookies this morning and I didn't know how to get in to the cookie section of my computer to disable them. Once I found out I was unable to get into prevention until now. YIKES WHY DON'T COMPUTERS LIKE ME.Glad that I got back to you guys.

PAM-Thanks for the pages and congrats on your .6 lbs loss. I maintained for the second week,but I think the swelling in my hip is coming back again just like I did in Nov., but according to my orthopedic doctor & can't have a another cortisone shot until the end of April & I going down to my DD the beginning of April.Hope I can go to NY to be with my family for Easter.

NANCY-My sister is doing terrific in her low carbing. She doesn't eat any bread a all,but I have to have my bread[5 net grams of carbs/per slice] and eat it too especially for breakfast.

Have to go and start my dinner

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #7  

There we go, talking about cookies again

OK, WHERE IS SANDRA? AND WHERE IS VICKIE? Do you think they're out shopping together?
Old 03-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #8  

I love this cartoon..

http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/...603-133713.jpg
Old 03-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #9  

I got new hiking shoes today that feel wonderful.

They are ugly and I had to decide between the good looking ones & the ones that felt good.

Super Low Carb Day #2

Last edited by nancy237; 03-27-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #10  

Great cartoon. That's another reminder of my late husband. He loved cookies and the children of one of my close friends really loved him. So, they made him a big card once of the cookie monster which I still have.

I hope you enjoy your new boots. Comfort over pretty!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #11  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Oh My is it cold out there. Have my winter clothes on again. My handy man is finally coming this afternoon to put the globe on the light fixture and install my motion detectors.

MY hip is feeling fine again this morning and I lost 3 lbs of water that was attached to it. I have to start thinking of when I start buy in train & bus tickets to go down to NY. Last night I told my sister that I didn't think I was going down the way the hip was bothering me.If I go down the Easter Meal will be at my sisters house.

[[[[[GOOD NEWS GALS,HEARD IT ON THE RADIO THIS MORNING THEY ARE TAKING THE PINK SLIME OUT OF THE GROUND MEAT AND THE FACTORY THAT PRODUCES IT IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS]]]]]]

RHONDADon't know where those two are????????? Hope they are all ok.

NANCY-Like that cartoon also,I'm no Cookie Monster,The only cookies I have are the one on the computer,real cookies are high in calories & carbs and I'm on a low carb diet.

Have to go to the bank,have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Hi there. We are back home now from New Braunfels. We had a great time hot tubbing, eating, and flinging arrows. I went to WW this AM and was down another .6 lbs. Amazing. I can't begin to tell you what I ate. Four couples went to a great Mexican restaurant Saturday night. Need I say more? And the way I shot Sunday? I should have had a margarita! I did win but didn't impress anyone. This was the TX State Senior Games.

Pam, Maryann, and Rhonda, congratulations on your weightlosses. Hard work is paying off for sure.

Nancy, cute cartoon!! I'm a recovering Cookie Monster.

Vickie, where are you? I hope you're feeling better. I have been thinking of you a lot and have been worrying. I hope all is going well.

Patricia? Are you here?

Last edited by ontarget; 03-27-2012 at 04:33 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #13  

Congratulations and welcome home, Sandra. We missed you!

I had a hamburger at a 50's place here...an authentic 50's place. It was really good, but that's my fat and carbs for the day, for certain.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, that sounds yummy!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #15  

And now, I'm joining friends for dinner at a jazz bar. They have good salads and I'll pass on the wine/beer/margaritas!

There is some wonderful music in this town and I'll hear some tonight.