Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 07:05 PM   #1  

Default my first short term goal

I have to put this in writing or I will be too tempted to blow it off when I get stressed. I want to make it to 225 (from current 245) by October 13. That's 20 pounds in 9.5 weeks. I think that is realistic, isn't it?

When I went shopping today, I found a pair of great camping chairs on sale. My husband, daughter and I are going camping on October 13. The chairs say that the maximum weight is 225. It's kind of funny what can inspire me!

Actually, I remember an embarrasing moment while camping a few years ago when I broke a chair at the campfire. It's not going to happen this time!

This is my first short term goal. I can't keep staring at my long term goal and remain enthusiatic without some milestones.

Now I need people to help "keep me honest". If it was just me, I would come up with excuses in my head not to stick with this goal. Now I have to write them down for you guys, so NO MORE EXCUSES!

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2003, 07:14 PM   #2  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Hi Alana,

Yes, I think 20 pounds in 9.5 weeks is doable. Thats just a smidge over 2 pounds a week (see, us statisticans have a way with numbers). Thats a reasonable pace...some weeks you may lose more, some weeks you may lose less.

Here is to not breaking chairs!

Oh, that reminds me of a story: My first day in Boston I went to the local bank to open up a checking/ savings account. They had one of those chairs that had curved legs. You know, the kind that has no back legs but has the curved bar? I sat down on the thing and it bent with me right to the floor....good times.

Last edited by matt_H; 08-08-2003 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-09-2003, 01:28 AM   #3  
missaprylj

Alana-
I think that is a reasonable goal as well. Usually we lose faster when we first start out anyway, so I think you can attain this. (I think you can probably do anything you set your mind to.)
I wish it was warm enough here to go camping in mid October... we'd probably have to shovel ourselves out of the tent!!
Good luck! -Apryl

Old 08-09-2003, 01:30 AM   #4  
missaprylj

P.S. Is your name pronounced (Uh-LANE-UH) or (Uh-lawn-a)? Or some other way? Just curious! Have a great weekend.

Old 08-09-2003, 01:47 AM   #5  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Alana you can do it. We are here for you.

Matt I've done that to a few of those chairs. Guess the person who invented them was a thin one.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:47 AM   #6  

Apryl

Actually, I pronounce it Uh-la-nah, but I have heard other people pronounce it different ways.

It could be quite cool here in October, but Fall is my favorite season so we are going to take a chance. The colors in the Adirondacks are incredible in the fall! And we purchases some heavy duty sleeping bags!
Closed Thread