View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #10
Arabella
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up A week in

So, one successful week completed, with a loss of 3.6. Still up 2 from ticker but this week should see that gone. On the whole, it wasn't too hard. I'm still a little unsure of whether I'll stick with this or switch to a South Beach-y type thing, which is something I could live with forever. I don't see myself forever quitting eating yogurt, beans and legumes, steel-cut oats. I'm not sure there's a plan out there that suits me exactly but I know what works for me and what doesn't. This is working short-term but I don't see myself doing it for the rest of my life.

I know full-well that gluten, sugar and most dairy are poison to me and those are things that I intend to mostly avoid forever. I mostly do, in any case, with the exception of feta and a really small amount of cheese on my gluten-free pizza. The alcohol has been a little challenging. Friday evening, there was DH with a big glass of wine and a bowl of rice crackers and nuts. Very tempting. But no, I laced up my high-heeled sneakers and headed out for a brisk 20-minute walk to complete my 10,000 steps for the day. Saturday night we had dinner with SIL & her hub and another couple. I was pleasantly surprised to have a nice time without the social lubricant of alcohol.

They made a delicious dinner, too: baked salmon in proscuitto with pineapple-blackberry salsa. I took a big green salad with avocadoes and nuts. They actually made cocoa-date balls and mango sorbet for dessert. SO good! And Paleo. I just had to avoid the potato dish and bread and was perfectly OP.

I made it to hot yoga four times last week and averaged over 10,000 steps a day. This week, DH is out of town so I'm going to see if I can get to yoga every day.

I had a tough experience at yoga yesterday. It was the one "lite" class of the week but the instructor had us holding down dog for a long time at the first and holding all the more challenging poses longer than usual, doing more planks and holding them longer. I ended up not being able to hold them for the full time and ended up feeling frustrated and sad. Most of the rest of the class could do it. Anyway, it was far from "lite." I know I'll get there but it's hard to be challenged and fail. Plus, I guess, I was a little angry that she made what should have been a slightly easier class more difficult than even the usual. No fair! I think I'll drop the studio a non-irate note about it.

Welcome, Peachy and July!

Just slurping now and planning to get out for a walk, maybe out to have another one with my mom. Going to practice here and there through the day -- the choir is performing Schubert's Missa Solemnis on Good Friday.

Happy Monday, Queenies! Let's hit it!

Onederland by July

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by Arabella : 03-26-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote