Old 02-26-2012, 11:28 PM   #1  

Location: Boulder, CO- but moving back to NJ in less than one week!

S/C/G: 252/185/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Brand new to MF- started 2 days ago

Hello Been lurking and reading for a bit, and decided that MF looked like the best way to go for me. So here I am!

Just started on Saturday, the day after my shipment arrived. I couldn't manage the entire lean part of the L&G last night and paid for it with a whopping headache...so tonight it was 2 Morningstar Farms Grillers patties and some bell peppers (which I adore), had no problems with finishing that.

I'm tempted to weigh myself, as my jeans are already (!) loose after just 2 days. But I promised myself I wouldn't until the 1 week mark. I am so excited!
xirene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey xirene! Welcome! Things do get better after the first few days, I promise. Good luck, and remember to drink that water!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #3  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi xirene!

Keep up the good work - you can do it! Definitely experiment with your lean & green meal. I think keeping the 1 real meal a day interesting is why I've kept with it for 10 months. And it is so simple.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:36 AM   #4  
Journey to Health

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

It is a good idea to drink a cup of chicken bouillion mid-morning the first few days of the weight-loss program. This will help ward off the headaches. You should be drinking a minmum of 64 oz of water. Always eat ALL your lean and green, even if you spilt it up. You can add chicken and veggies to the soups to help you get it all in. You need ALL your food for successful weight-loss.

I lost 64 lbs through Take Shape For Life (we use medifast meals) and have kept it off for over a year.

Use the weight-loss time as a time to focus on getting healthy and when you feel tempted remember WHY you want to get healthy!
thebeckster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:31 AM   #5  

I've been doing all bars so far, because of my work schedule, but I just ordered some of the soups and pizza bites because I have gotten to the point after 1 week that I just cannot choke down anything sweet in the morning. I am drinking water like it is going out of style, having MSF grillers and a side of veggies for the L&G. I weighed myself at the one week mark and was only down 3 lbs, so I am kind of disappointed about that.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/204/135

Height: 5'6"

I also just finished my first week, down 4 lbs yay!, was hoping for a little more but at least The scale is going in the right direction, I've found that I like the chicken soups, but the vegetable beef soup is terrible! blechhhh! I also really like the dutch chocolate shakes, and my very fave... the chai latte!! very yummy, I can just do that or the cappucino for breakfast and I'm happy since I've never been much of a breakfast person, that is a great substitute for coffee. Also I have found that sea salt is good for the headaches, I use about 2 tsp in a small dixie cup with water, cures it in about 5 minutes
I've also found that the mymedifast website is a bit more active, lots of good advice
ShrinkinSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #7  

Well, tomorrow is two weeks and I have gained two pounds back. According to the keto strips, I am in mild ketosis. I have been so damned faithful to this and I am only two pounds down in two weeks, and I am getting the worst cravings the past two days.

I am really, really disappointed. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be. At minimum, I'm drinking 70 oz of water (3 sports bottles full). I even stopped using milk and sugar in my coffee the day I started this, and have been drinking it black, which borders on sacrilege! :cries:

I will stick with it for the full month, but if I'm not seeing some real results by then, I surrender.

Last edited by xirene; 03-08-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You might try consulting a coach on the Take Shape For Life site (just Google it). It would be very unusual for someone to follow Medifast exactly as written and not lose weight.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #9  

Thanks, I will do that. I am just at my wits' end here!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #10  
Shrinking Chick

That is odd, xirene - I hope a coach can figure it out for you!
Old 03-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #11  

Talked with a coach yesterday, and we came up with a few reasons I might be having problems. I was indeed short-changing myself on my greens, and the fact that I started an exercise program the same day as MF wasn't a good idea. So I am stuffing more asparagus into myself at dinnertime- no hardship there! and have laid off the exercises for the next 2-3 weeks to give my body time to adjust to MF...and today, I was suddenly down 6 lbs from my start weight. I just seem to be a late bloomer! :P

Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #12  
Shrinking Chick

Hooray for a whoosh!
Old 03-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #13  

Ok, so whatever I was doing wrong seems to have resolved itself

Today is one month, and I am down 12 lbs and 4 inches. Yesterday, I wore a pair of size 22 jeans for the first time in about 5 yrs, and they were *comfortable*, not tight!!! That is more than enough motivation to keep going.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #14  
Shrinking Chick

12 pounds is great! And smaller clothes are great, too! Keep it up!
Old 03-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #15  
Medifast Newb

S/C/G: 269/243/140

Height: 5'2"

I am on day 5 and yesterday on day 4 I had lost 4lbs! I wasn't going to weigh till Monday but this is exciting. =] It gets easier and already my body is mostly used to it. I only get hungry near my next meal/snack time. The numbers on the scale are worth it.
medifaster27 is offline   Reply With Quote