South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 09:19 PM   #1  

Default Is this normal?

Okay, I started SB on Monday and things have gone pretty well. There was even tons and tons of food at work today for a going away party and I did not eat any of it! However...I have been STARVING all day. It just seems like I can't get enought to eat today. I don't know why. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Thanks! This is my first time posting here!

Anne
Old 08-07-2003, 09:23 PM   #2  
In Control: E+R=O

Welcome Anne!! I'm glad you found this site, there's a lot of support and friendship here, plus lots of great advice.

I'm pretty new to SBD myself, only on week 3, but I've never experienced the hunger that you are having. Are you eating enough? The book says to eat until you're full, so maybe you need to eat a little more. Also, make sure to drink your water, I find that helps keep me from having hunger pains. I'm sure some of the more experienced ladies here will have additional thoughts.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:30 PM   #3  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Anne, I was ravenous the first few days! I felt like all I did was eat. As twodog said, make sure you are eating enough...3 meals, 2 snacks and a 75 calorie treat. Also make sure you are getting enough protein & fat as those will help you feel full longer. And don't forget to pile on the veggies for some fiber. The hunger will pass, so don't worry. If you are hungy, eat...something healthy! Oh yeah, drinking lots of water will help, too!

Good luck!
Old 08-07-2003, 09:58 PM   #4  

Thanks for your responses. I feel like I'm eating all the time! I've had a lot of cheese today, hb egg for bf, tuna salad for lunch, some peanuts, fish for dinner, sf jello and and cocoa ricotta for dessert -- doesn't that seem like a lot? And I've had a lot of h20 too...Am I just hungry today or maybe not eating right?
Old 08-07-2003, 10:24 PM   #5  

Hi, I didn't experience that hunger until day 5. It was crazy. I ate something that was allowed. Had some tea. Had some water. Took a nap. Which is something you can't do at work, right. I'll just repeat what the others have stated: make sure you eat enough. Lots of good food to choose from on SBD.
Old 08-08-2003, 06:03 AM   #6  
Mous

Talking Keep at it

Don't forget to have protein, veggies, etc.

If you are a little hungrier have another good snack like pb and celery ot FF cream chese and celery.
Increase your portion sizes a tad.
Keep track of when you are hungry and what you have ate. There might be a pattern to this.
Good Luck and keep asking ?

Lady Marcie
Old 08-08-2003, 07:31 AM   #7  

Anne,

I'm with you 100%. I have to eat every 2 hours or my stomach is rumbling. They say to eat until you're satisfied, and I do. It's just 2 hours later I'm hungry again. If I ate more at a meal than I was eating, I'd be stuffed. I'm pretty sure I read a post from Dr. Agatston stating that you can eat more often than 3 meals plus 2 snacks...just eat when your body tells you it needs fuel. Also, if you're excercising a lot, you'll burn off your calories quicker, causing your body to need refueling faster.

Erika
Old 08-08-2003, 03:00 PM   #8  
Member Florida Chick

Anne: On my first week I found that if I used the turkey roll ups that was a good way to stave off the hunger. The second day I made 4 for my supper and could only eat 2. You'll find the rigth combination as you go along. Sometimes I find a SF FF jello helps too. Keep up the good work. Ann
Closed Thread