General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #1  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Dairy Queen disappointment.

Sooooo I went to Dairy Queen because it's incredibly hot in Georgia right now and I was going to get a Strawberry Orange Julius smoothie because it was only 6 points. Well I got there and they didn't even sell them.

So irritating.

So I ended up spending 13 of my weeklies on a small blizzard, fine, but really not that great.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #2  
Improvise Adapt Overcome

S/C/G: 178/172/130

Height: 5'

do they still have the Mr. Misty (syrup flavor and crushed ice).....that may be better than a blizzard.

And yes, it is already freaking hot....had to turn my AC on today....and the pollen is HORRIBLE. I can see a bad summer heading our way. However last time we had a spring like this......we had the Storm of the Century (1993) :O
peachypeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #3  
Pinup extraordinaire!

No, they don't have anything healthy at that location plus I already ate it anyway.

I was just disappointed because I REALLY wanted a smoothie. hah

I really wish we'd have another storm of the century. I would love some snow right about now.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Here we are so happy to have sunshine everyone is friendlier.

DQ is a weakness for me especially the peanut buster parfait. I rarely go so not too much of a problem. But in the summer I am sure I will end up there and hope to get the small soft serve cone. Can't remember how many points offhand but not bad.
Too bad the blizzard was not that great.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #5  
Pinup extraordinaire!

It was just so hot that I had to have something cool. I really wanted a freeze pop, which would have probably been FAR less points. Should have just gone to the supermarket instead. hah.

Everyone is friendlier because it's not hotter than h3ll in Canada. I HATE the heat down here. It's already 90 degrees outside with the heat index in the 90s too. Come stay down here for a week in August and you won't be friendlier. We've had the air conditioner on all year.

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Last edited by tessendicott; 03-19-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #6  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

People and Ice cream I don't get it. I really hate that word and theres only two people in the world I hang out with and they go "I want ice cream!" never fails when their with me either...its like bajesus can't you people eat this crap before seeing me?! hahahaha

If I do go to DQ I get their mini blizzard and even the damn mini's are like 400 calories I don't even what to imagine what the other ones are. ugh!

As for your heat...OMG ship some up to Canada it's friggen cold up here. I can't wait for spring and the weather in Calgary is fickle, one minute were above 10 the next in the minus...wth is up with that?!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #7  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Oh I love DQ. The small chocolate in a cup is only like 100 calories so I indulge in one of those every once in a while.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

tessendicottLOL no it is not hotter then **** here for sure. But nice and warm in Toronto.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessendicott View Post
Sooooo I went to Dairy Queen because it's incredibly hot in Georgia right now and I was going to get a Strawberry Orange Julius smoothie because it was only 6 points. Well I got there and they didn't even sell them.

So irritating.

So I ended up spending 13 of my weeklies on a small blizzard, fine, but really not that great.
Have you ever seen Arctic Zero Ice Cream? It is 140 for the entire pint. (It is also good for you and super filling due to it being made from Whey Protein) What is super delicious is allowing the vanilla flavor to soften and blending it with diet orange soda. Super yum. If you like the OJ Smoothie at DQ, I bet you would like it too!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #10  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

You know a treat I used to do a few years back? Cold coffee (made cold with ice, but not so much ice that it didn't melt) and then added a small scoop of ice cream. YUM! Or you can make your own fruit smoothie that is healthy! A cup of plain yogurt, a few frozen pieces of fruit, and half a banana for sweetness - or skip the banana and add a sweetener.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

yummo on the coffee idea BBlonde! Love that too! I do leftover coffee, a tbs. of cocoa and some Truvia with ice.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

GRR! I would be MAD! I had a similar encounter with the DQ here...they didn't have CHOCOLATE SOFT SERVE! I'm like REALLY!? One of the most basic ice creams you seriously don't have!?!?! I was livid LOL. I feel your pain. I did find some yummy chocolate fudge bars at Sams club that are 100 cals...Swiss Miss! MMM!
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #13  
Pinup extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
Have you ever seen Arctic Zero Ice Cream? It is 140 for the entire pint.
I need to find this.

I'll trade one of you lovely Canadians weather ANY DAY. It's so so so so hot. I get cranky when I'm hot.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
Have you ever seen Arctic Zero Ice Cream? It is 140 for the entire pint. (It is also good for you and super filling due to it being made from Whey Protein) What is super delicious is allowing the vanilla flavor to soften and blending it with diet orange soda. Super yum. If you like the OJ Smoothie at DQ, I bet you would like it too!
Oooooh!!! I'm going to try this tonight! Vanilla and orange is one of my favorite flavor combinations. It ranks up there with chocolate and peanut butter!
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessendicott View Post
I need to find this.

I'll trade one of you lovely Canadians weather ANY DAY. It's so so so so hot. I get cranky when I'm hot.
You would regret that pretty quickly! In my part of Canada, in the winter it frequently gets colder than -30 C and even colder than -40 C for days, sometimes weeks at a time...not to mention the inches and inches of snow that sometimes make it next to impossible to leave the house!
That being said, I get kinda cranky when I'm hot too. lol.
I need to find this 140 calorie ice cream as well...I wonder if we can get it in Canada?
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote