Old 03-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #1  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Working for Onederland - 299 to 200 - Part 3

It's a new thread, for a new day, chickies! Start posting here!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #2  
Renaissance Woman

It's so meaningful for me to touch base with all of you today. I feel so blessed by the circle of support I've found at 3FC. Every woman should have pals like all of you!

It would have been my 28th wedding anniversary today. But instead, it's the two-year anniversary of my divorce. Two years ago I was feeling pretty demoralized and devastated. I really believed that I would never, ever find joy, strength or vitality ever again. But here I am, having all that and more in my toolbox!

I am so darn happy today! I have the best support system in place (here and with a new community of friends around me). I made my new life happen for myself, and I'm really proud of how far I've come in the last two years.

Two years from now, I hope to have the type 2 diabetes kicked, weight under 200 lbs and some really awesome muscles showing through, one kid off to a real college and out of my house, my business thriving and fully supporting me, owning my own home, living with integrity, authenticity and obnoxiously joyful!

Our past is merely our own heroic journey. We get to write our own story, and I'm finally having a great time writing mine!

Wishing you all a marvelous Sunday!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 272.4/257.0/199

Height: 5'7"

geoblewis - that was an awesome post, it made me so happy for you just reading it. Ive only been here a short time but I really hope that when you write something like that again in two years I can feel I took some part in that circle of friends you speak of!
I had good news come through also having to do with divorce only ... mine is that after 3 years (going on 4) my paperwork finally made it to a judge and within the next few weeks I should offically be FREE!!! Mine was an ugly marriage and a long dragged out divorce simply because he couldnt get kicked out of my life without making me miserable one last time! Gotta love some men!!
My scale jumped a bit over the past two days and I couldnt figure it out, well tonight I think I pegged it! Ive had less than or just about 1000 calories each day now for 3 days! OUCH! so tomorrow my goal is to bring that number back to a nice safe zone and hope to see the pounds shed away! I loved being 259 so much - I havent brought myself to change my ticker yet to the actual number of 262 - I keep hoping that maybe, just maybe tomorrow I wont HAVE to!
Good night ladies, and Georgia - congrats honey, as with anything you put your mind and heart into - you ARE victorious!
reena lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #4  
Renaissance Woman

Reena, you get credit for providing me with an accountability partner. It doesn't matter that you've been here for a shorter time, you're here when I needed you and I appreciate that. It's really helpful to me that I can come here and be straight about my weaknesses and when my plans fail and my head is not in the game, and I can talk it all out and get back on track. I appreciate being able to come here and share my successes, even if they're not a giant drop on the scale or inches off my inner thighs. And you've been here to listen to me and every other woman who comes here, to offer a virtual shoulder and pass around virtual hugs.

(I go to another website for support as well and they don't have any of those darling smilies! It's run by a couple of guys and their smilies are very unemotional.)

I'm happy that you have real freedom ahead of you really soon! It's a wonderful thing! I just love being truly free and unattached. When we are not having to hold back who we are and can live in authenticity and integrity, there is joy! I still have moments when I feel sad for being without a partner, but then I think about what I'll give up in order to have one and I don't truly believe I can find joy in the prospect of giving myself up again. And then the sadness melts away. I'm really comfortable on my own and by myself when I need to be, but I have lots of really good friends now too.

So, today I woke up with a high blood sugar. I had a big dinner which included bread and too much protein. When I do that, I seem to have higher blood sugars in the morning. I'm going to try to have my bigger meals at lunch from now on.

I really struggle with having regular meals. It seems to be important for people with diabetes, but I've never been someone who can do the regularly scheduled life. I don't go to bed at the right time, when my kids are home on weekends and during the holidays I sleep in...it's a cascade effect. Maybe it's time for me to figure out how to be more on a schedule.

Have a great day, my chickies! Catch you later!
Old 03-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #5  
I love being a mommy!

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies!

I'm joining in if you don't mind! I weighed in at 215 this morning, Onederland is so close I can taste it! Let's make this a great week, shall we? Spring is here, summer's right around the corner, and we have a chance to be even more comfortable in our skin for it! Let's do this!
GirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #6  
science nerd

S/C/G: 302/ticker/151

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone. Just wanted to say that I'm closing in on the midpoint. Today I was at 260.8... only 10.8 pounds until 250! I can't believe I'm getting that close to 250. I mean, once I get past that mark, I will be closer to 200 than 300, and it will feel so good.

I have a big goal that I want to reach by November, too. I really, really, really want to hit Onederland by November. I'm planning to go to Costa Rica for a hummingbird research trip then, and I really want to look good! Not mention be in better shape for hiking and whatnot. As long as I stick to plan, I will probably be about 230 in July or August. So it will be a close call on whether or not I can reach Onderland in time for my trip, but we will see!
shadowclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #7  
Workin' towards success!

S/C/G: 278/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Went camping this weekend and only gained a half of a pound back. I'm so glad it was only half of a pound I was so so afraid it would of been more. So now I'm at 271.2
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:45 PM   #8  

geoblewis -- It sounds like you have grabbed life by the horns!! Great job!!

reena lee
-- Those darn pounds just love to sneak back!! Glad you figured out why.

GirlyGirl -- Onederland is so close for you!! Great job girl!! Picking out a new swimsuit for summer??

shadowclaw -- a hummingbird research trip?? That sounds so interesting!!

Jinxy -- glad you only gained 1/2 pound. I think it is really hard when we are out of our routines!!
Muggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I haven't been on here in forever. I start undergrad college in August, so I'd like to go in with the best me possible. Restarting my health journey today (it's 1:20ish in the a.m. currently). Hope to be posting some progress pics in the near future!
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #10  
science nerd

S/C/G: 302/ticker/151

muggles - I actually just got back from a hummingbird research trip, and it was awesome. Hummingbirds are such interesting little creatures! I had never held birds before, either, and it was such a rush! There's a guy from South Carolina who researches Rubythroated Hummingbirds, and does several trips to Belize and Costa Rica where they spend the winter. I just did a trip to Belize with him, and I can't wait to go again.
shadowclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #11  
Renaissance Woman

Good day to you, my chickies! Woke up obnoxious...just warning you!

GirlyGirl, I like your moniker! Welcome to our little enclave of determination and hope. I like the idea of being more comfortable in our skin for summer. I'm going to get a massage and a facial today just to work on that!

Shawdowclaw, excellent progress! 250 seems so far away to me. Heck, 290 does too! But there's no going back, is there. You just keep moving and I'll try to catch up!

Jinxy, I think it would be hard to camp and resist the temptations of camp cooking...beef jerkey, burned campfire pancakes with lots of syrup, macaroni and cheese with hot dogs, hot chocolate...I'm just gonna go fix a poached egg and spinach for myself now and try not to remember the aromas! You did great!

Alyssa, welcome back! I'm laughing at the 1:30 a.m. posting. So many times I've been up that late and on this board refocusing my plans for my health. Such a great resource. We could have been in the kitchen with spoon in hand, head in the freezer eating ice cream!

I'm struggling with a messed up schedule this week. My youngest has been off from school for spring break and he keeps me up late and then I sleep late, which sort of dominoes into the rest of my day. Must get back on schedule! I've been doing better with my blood sugar eating the small, evenly-spaced meals. When the blood sugar readings are too high, I don't seem to lose weight, even if I'm fasting. Just gotta cruise with the small meals. I hate it! But I'm sure once I really start dropping weight, I'll love it.

Have a great day!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #12  
MG #1: lose back that 10#

Height: 5'5"

I am so happy! The scale this morning (my once-weekly official weigh-in morning) said 200!!!!!! I hope I can make 198 next week!! and if I don't, I'll blame the short-course of prednisone I'm starting today Anyhow, I'm just so happy I had to spread the news!!

Good luck, everybody!!!!
loofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #13  
MG #1: lose back that 10#

Height: 5'5"

Also, I just have to say how inspiring it is to see peoples' tickers! I have been trying to lose weight for--15 years now? And in that time I gained 90 lbs! I finally met with a nutritionist and have figured out something that is working for a steady 2#/wk loss. But it is also really scary to think about losing 80 lbs, which is about how much I'd like to drop. Some of you have already done that, and I love seeing that. I don't know a single person in real life that has lost even a few pounds, much less many. *hugs*
loofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #14  
Workin' towards success!

S/C/G: 278/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'm down 1.8 pounds and am now 269.4 . I'm hoping it will stay but am going to save the celebration until it sticks .

Muggles
- It can be hard the whole time I was wondering how much it would go up .

geoblewis
- It was a little easier then I thought it would be. I have two boys around that like to eat and one especially loves bacon. My 9 year old is the one who loves bacon, we bought a whole pack to fry up for breakfast and I got about two slices the rest just seemed to keep disappearing on me when my back was turned . I didn't take beef jerky with me this time since I love the stuff, it is too much of a temptation for me to have around. My husband though bought the stuff for smores and I only had one.

Last edited by Jinxy; 03-20-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I need some support and encouragement today. I'm getting very frustrated with myself and the scale. I am finding it harder and harder to stay on track with my calories and exercise. Since Jan 1 I am down 32 lbs and have walked 131 miles (not counting biked miles). Yet, the last 2 + weeks. I have been back and forth over the same 3 lbs. It is driving me nuts. I know I probably just need to weigh my food as well as measure and bump up the workouts.

I wish I could renew my membership at the gym. I am much more motivated when I go up there and work out. But at the moment I can't afford it. I have weights and a treadmill at home... but after a couple miles I am ready to give it up. It isn't as bad when I have a good book to read or something interesting to watch while I walk. I'm heading to the library this evening.

What is a good average to lose per month at my weight?
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote