Old 02-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #275 Bale of Turtles Meeting the Challenge!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren )
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all. My WW W/I this weekend went ok, I was down 3 lbs, had hoped for better for the first week but will take it. Of course my TOM has shown up so that kind of makes this second week hard but will keep at it.

Judy: Your vacation sounds fabulous! So glad you got away. The stress of this job has just gotten the better of me and I am currently looking for another one, the people I work with are just aweful and at this point none of it is worth it anymore so I am actively looking for another position and hope to have one soon so that I can get out of this one... wish me luck!

Have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #3  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Sending : for everyone. We've had such a calm winter and I am very grateful for it. Looking at my calendar I see that we change our clocks again quite soon and that will make everything even better.

Princess, first of all, Wowsie! you lost 3#. I know you were looking for more, but that is really a wonderful weight loss. You are doing this. :
Here's all sorts of good luck and good vibes to find a job that isn't as stressful. I know stress can put on weight for all sorts of reasons. With me, the awefulness of my job could be helped by eating a candy bar or something else. I feel for you. On the other hand, you're a great worker and I am confident you'll find something really good very soon! Good luck!

Bandit is probably having fun right now. Yay!

Terri, Loose, Jars, Taylors, Cherry, Life4evr, how are you gals doing? I hope you're all making progress and feeling good.

I've had a couple of weeks of insecurity with my weight loss stuff, but today is a good day and the last few days have been better. Not perfect, but making progress. That's what counts over the long term.

Chime in whenever you can folks. I know it helps all of us!
Judy
234.6/?/179 and onward to goal in 2012!!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:07 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Super rainy and stormy here today. Had dinner out last night with my boss and a co-worker, made the best choice possible but I know it was way to high in points... I will work hard this week to make up for it.

Judy: I hear you about the stress and the candy bar... they just seem to go together don't they LOL. I will keep at it and do the best that I can. I tend to take things too personally and that is something that I need to work on but it leads to my stress.

Have to run and get ready for work.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #5  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
let's have a great day!

Princess, I take everything personally, even when it's not meant to be. I don't confront when that happens, but I do stew and chew. Ugh.

I hope you had a nice time last night and I know you can make up the extra points throughout the week.
Judy
Old 03-01-2012, 04:56 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday! Another busy day ahead!

Judy: I could not have said it better myself! DH and I went to have our taxes done last night.... it was aweful, not sure what happened between last year and this year and the tax person could not explain it but we have to pay a very large amount of money this year... bring on the stress! Oh well, not much we can do so will just roll with the punches and take corrective steps towards next year.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #7  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I'm in a better place today and ready to tackle the 4# I put on. Hopefully the last pound will come off quickly since I just put it on. I really do want to lose weight this week and get close to breaking my decade barrier. Got to do it!

Princess, what a horrible surprise about your taxes. Ugh. Well, like you said all you can do is fix it for next year.
Have a great day. Food wouldn't make that better.

Hi all the turtles! Take care of yourself and chime in when you can.
Judy
234.6/184/179 and thinner working toward goal.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:34 AM   #8  

Happy Friday! Soooo glad it finally got here. Have a great day all!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

TGIF

Princess glad you have been able to check in!!! Sorry about the tax man!!! Husband is self employed so we don't look forward to this time of year!!!

Judy You can do it! We all know you can! and you will!

Me I made it to Y 2x and thats it!

Hey to all you other gals......

Keepin at it!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #10  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Terri, thanks for the boost. Glad you got to the Y 2x. It all adds up to a better lifestyle.
Today was another good day for me. I was feeling hungry so I whipped up some eggwhites and a few mushrooms (canned, nothing fancy) and I know that has hardly any calories and will hold me until dinner. I also got on the today again, so I feel just like that I'm back On Track! OP.
So strange how at times this seems impossible and yet we look at what we really want and make ourselves get back on track.

Good luck and : to all of us. You're all in my heart and I
and all of us. Yay!

Judy
234.6/?/179 and thinner to goal
Old 03-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #11  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Stopping by to say hi. DH and I saw David Brenner last night in a small theater on Long Island. He's really funny. Made us laugh the whole two hours.
I'm also happy to say I got on the and also stayed on track with my food. When I got hungry in mid afternoon, I had a protein snack suggested by my Jenny Craig counselor when I was going there: 3 eggwhites and a few sliced mushrooms. It was easy to fix. I didn't need the bread. And it kept my from being super hungry the rest of the day. Had my normal dinner and snack and got through the day. Every step helps and counts!

: to us all!
Judy
Old 03-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone popping in a bit. I am kinda of stalled right now on the weight loss thing. My job suitation is not the best right now. But classes are going okay. So I am thankful for that. Party planning so I am going to start baking a practice cakes soon. Which I have a plan for. Hope everyone is well.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #13  

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday. W/I was not great yesterday since my TOM showed up, Ugh, I was up one pound but am on track and getting ready to head to the gym for a cycle class to get my day started.

Life: Wow, party planning, that sounds like fun and busy work, I hope it goes great for you.

Terri: Yep, it will be a very painful month and a half while we try and get the payment together and the stress is high, not much to do except get thru it.

Judy: You are doing sooooooooooooo good, I know you will be to the next decade soon!

DH has lost over lbs in two weeks... I have barely lost 2 - how disheartening but we all know how it goes so I will buckle down and work the plan and get to the gym.

Have a great week all!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #14  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
Life4evr, so glad school is going well. That's so important to your future career. Weigh to go! Baking a practice cake. Wowzer! Sounds exciting.
Good luck with your job and weight. Your total weight is still down and that's a very good thing. I bet you'll lose another pound this week.

Princess, you had a great weight loss last week. TOM keeps hitting you hard, but that's all temporary weight. I know people who don't even weigh themselves when TOM comes around. Especially those who are perimenopausal. Ugh. It's all a pain, but time takes care of that. Keep up your spirits. I see you doing really good exercise and you're watching what you eat so that all will have a positive result in a couple of days. You're doing this!!!!

Yesterday was another good day for me. I'll make sure I get on the today since I skipped it yesterday. DD and dgrandson may be coming over today, so I'll have to plan a menu around that since once they get here you never quite know which direction food will go. Anything from me making toast and eggs to Burger King or Italian take out. Crazy, but I love to see them.

everybody have a great day.
Princess, thanks so much for chiming in daily. It's such a wonderful boost to see your posts when I pop in here.

and to all of us!
Judy
Old 03-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #15  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I cleaned out my desk today and came across a printed out e-mail my friend who lost over 230# in WW's had sent me. Here's the gist:
On my journey to lose weight, I came to a realization that worrying about the holidays was overwhelming. So instead of focusing on the future I learned that I had to make it through the day. Who knows about the future. When I worried about the future, it made me think it's very hard or even impossible. So all that worrying affected the day and gave me stinking thinking. I had to say to myself, STOP/ Picture a big red stop sign. I never binged. I had to learn to think positively.

Well, hope this helps. You'd love my friend Grace. She is so supportive and always wants us to lose weight and get healthy. Today has been another good day for me and I also. Getting back OP one day at a time.
Judy
234.6/????/179 and onto goal this year. One day at a time!