Old 03-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Need ideas for pizza!

I'm going to my parents house tomorrow and they want to have pizza. Instead of ordering it I would rather make it but I need some help! I'm a calorie counter so I need to be able to do that. We have wheat pizza crust pre maee at work so i can use that. But healthy toppings?!
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #2  

Any veggies you like. Sometimes I sautee the veggies first and sometimes I just put them on above the cheese and cook them that way. I like mushrooms, red/yellow onion, green pepper, spinach, small bits of broccoli, etc. I also like to make a bbq chicken pizza with small amt. of chicken breast, red onion a little cilantro and replace pizza sauce with bbq or mix the two. You can also use turkey pepperoni, any low fat cheeses. Just think about what you really like and throw it on a pizza! Cheese and meats have the most calories, so just make sure to watch amounts of those or weigh them since you are a calorie counter (me too). I actually like healthy pizza better than a grease bomb pizza. Now I want pizza!

Last edited by jomatho; 03-15-2012 at 11:16 AM.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #3  
Improvise Adapt Overcome

S/C/G: 178/172/130

Height: 5'

I use tortillas to make mini-pizzas for me and my kids.

Jomatho had other great ideas for toppings.
peachypeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I like to make mine with flatout bread because it's really big and already in an individual serving size for only 90 calories for the entire crust (flatout light).

I put on tomato sauce and any veggies that I have on hand and pile them high! I measure out my cheese, and always finish with some fresh basil.

I like to make a buffalo chicken pizza with sriracha and hot sauce mixed with blue cheese dressing, top with leftover chicken breast, spinach, mushroom, sometimes peppers, and a little blue cheese and fresh oregano.

I love the BBQ chicken pizza or Thai chicken pizza with a peanut sauce (peanut butter, agave, water, soy sauce, garlic, sriracha), broccoli slaw, a mild cheese, and fresh scallions and cilantro.

Last edited by Munchy; 03-15-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #5  

All of those ideas are awesome! I might just make everyone some and not just for myself! So excited!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #6  
Erin

S/C/G: 210/172/145

My family likes to put Tuna fish on pizza. I never knew it was weird until I grew up. Tuna with veggies, especially onion and bell pepper is a good combo, if you like Tuna.
ErBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #7  

I do like tuna! I'll have to give that a try
Old 03-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErBear View Post
My family likes to put Tuna fish on pizza. I never knew it was weird until I grew up. Tuna with veggies, especially onion and bell pepper is a good combo, if you like Tuna.
That is interesting/kinda weird! Do you still use the regular sauce/cheese? Would be a good Lent idea. DH is pretty open minded and eats most everything I make, but I'm not sure I could pass that one by him I do love Tuna though and it has so much protein and is low fat so it would be great if it tasted good.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #9  

I almost forgot about mexican pizza. Refried beans, ground beef/turkey (you can season like tacos if you like, but not necessary) or chicken,cheese, onions, tomatoes. Once cooked, use taco sauce or salsa, sour cream, lettuce or any taco toppings you like. Mmmmmm
Old 03-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #10  
Erin

S/C/G: 210/172/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
That is interesting/kinda weird! Do you still use the regular sauce/cheese? Would be a good Lent idea. DH is pretty open minded and eats most everything I make, but I'm not sure I could pass that one by him I do love Tuna though and it has so much protein and is low fat so it would be great if it tasted good.
Yeah, I actually like it a lot! Sauce and cheese the same as you usually do. Extra good with some italian seasoning! Turkish and Italian restaurants I've been to here in Germany/Italy have this on their menu a lot. I guess most people just think it sounds weird until they try it!
ErBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:41 PM   #11  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I LOVE pizza, I have it at least once a month,Sometimes twice but no more then that.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:07 AM   #12  

Default RE: Need ideas for pizza!

Pizza is my weaknes!! I could eat it every day!!
Whenever I splurge (which doesn't happen often) I take out a whole one myself lol

I've been making these zucchini pizzas at home....
MsMatic is offline   Reply With Quote