View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
Arabella
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile

Big decision here, women -- I'm going to do the Whole30 program starting next week. It's essentially an elimination diet, removing everything that's known to cause inflamation in the body -- sugar, grains, dairy, alcohol, legumes (that last one is the hardest pill for me to swallow). The plan was originally created for health but they found that people who were overweight were having very striking weight loss on it.

Other health claims it makes: "Testimonials from Whole30 participants reflect the prevention, improvement or “cure” of: high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, asthma, allergies, skin conditions, PCOS, infertility, migraines, depression, bipolar disorder, heartburn, GERD, joint pain, ADD, thyroid dysfunction, Lyme disease, fibromyalgia, leaky gut syndrome, Crohn’s, IBS, Celiac, diverticulitis, and ulcerative colitis."

I'll be doing the plan in conjunction with the usual 10,000 steps a day and hot yoga 5 or more times a week. So... this'll be interesting. Stay tuned.

I definitely feel a rebirth coming on...

Eydie, how sweet to see your pic there, like sitting across a table from you having a nice cuppa.

Amarantha -- stupid work! Why is there so much of it? Me too, all over the map but mostly happy. Feeling very optimistic.

Yo, all other lies! Hope all is well in your corner of the Palace -- let's meet in the drawing room, shall we?

Onederland by July

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote