Old 03-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #1  
It's a marathon...

S/C/G: 321/214/150

Height: 5'6"

Default End of week 3... the hardest so far!

Hi all,
So, I just finished week 3 of Medifast. Medifast is totally new to me. I have been 100% on plan until I caved yesterday and had 1 measured ounce of salted peanuts... I swear they were all I could think of! I finally decided to measure them out and have a small serving. Weird, since it's not something I would normally crave...

What I eat:
I eat mostly Dutch Chocolate Shakes with sugar free Torani's White Chocolate Syrup. Usually 4 shakes and 1 bar. Sometimes 3 shakes, 2 bars.
I eat 98% lean ground turkey and/or grilled chicken for my lean and green along with a green salad and 1TB of Trader Joes Goddess dressing. I have grilled peppers a couple of nights, but overall I'm pretty boring Water well over 80-100 oz. No optional snacks.

Progress:
My 1st week was awesome, never had a headache or really even felt hungry. I lost 9.5 pounds. I was SUPER excited.

I took before pics and measured on my first day as my awesome coach suggested. So glad I measured!

Week 2: Lost 5 pounds

Week 3: Lost nothing! I was down to a total of 15.9 pounds near the beginning of the week, but now I'm at 11.2 total lost???

Help and insight, please!
No cheating, other than the peanuts yesterday! Why? Could it be that I am going to start my cycle? I am a bit frustrated

I did decide to measure yesterday, 11.5 total inches. 5 inches from my waist, 2.5 from my chest and 4 from my mid-section.

Help!
Tania
HelloMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #2  
It's a marathon...

S/C/G: 321/214/150

Height: 5'6"

Sorry for the double post, no idea why it posted twice or how to remove one!
HelloMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:12 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

My suggestion would be to make sure you are eating enough protein with your lean and green. This is the one place where you have to measure ounces. I think you'll find that it's a LOT of chicken or turkey. Also, measure your vegetables. "A green salad" isn't specific enough--you need cups of vegetables.

The Medifast program is already low calorie, so don't skimp. That can sometimes cause weight loss to stall.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #4  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

^^^ All of what Jay said.

Plus, the salt in the nuts could have caused a blip up in water weight. I've had it happen a couple times, and it's frustrating as all H**L. And now that you're paying attention, hormonal bloating will be more noticeable now.

Hang in there and keep at it!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #5  

From my experience, you must be 100% On Plan - no slips. The slips will show up on the scale. You must make sure to at least drink all your water - no skipping. I know sometimes it can be hard, I've literally sat on the toilet to finish my required 64 ounces. Make sure you are eating the right amount of protein (use a scale to weigh it) and of course all your veggies (lowest carbs if possible). Also, cough syrups can throw you off as well - I learned that one in 2010 when I got sick. This plan is extremely restrictive and only works if you work it. Also, week 3 is the hardest of all weeks and usually the scales don't move much because your body is adjusting and also if you are female your body is retaining water for it's monthy cycle.
DO NOT GIVE UP!!! You will have many many many weeks of little to no loss and then swoosh big losses on other weeks. Also, if you are female it's normal to retain water weight and crave those salty items (drink a boullion instead or have a pickle spear).
Good luck, stay positive you can do this - My 3 week weigh in is tomorrow.
ubskinnyagain75 is offline   Reply With Quote